It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:14 am View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » Final Fantasy XIV » Final Fantasy XIV Discussion

Post subject: Livestream 5/21 Stuffs
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 2:22 pm 
Crumpet
Crumpet

Dragonsong

The new Susan Calloway song for Heavensward. i.e. Answers 3.0. Contains some spoilers for 2.55 but that should be less of an issue now. Video showcases various new 3.0 cutscenes.

Job Actions

Video showcasing all of the new job abilities in 3.0. They went through what all of the new abilities are afterwards talking through it all. Will post a write-up once somebody has a decent one.

Dungeon Walkthrough

Video showing lots of the new dungeon areas in 3.0, including what appears to be Alexander and some of the bosses there.

Post subject: Re: Livestream 5/21 Stuffs
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 3:47 pm 
Youre a Crappy HNM like Roc or something

While I'm excited to be channeling bahamut, overall the SMN changes don't excite me. Not that I expected a huge change like some people seemed to think we were going to get. I hope with the tridisaster change and new pet abilities we spend more time being a pet class, but I worry we'll just end up spamming ruin more than anything.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 4:13 pm 
Crumpet
Crumpet

Lots of Summoners seem really disappointed (or outright enraged) at the fact they're not getting more Egis. Especially after SE kinda "promised" they'd get some once the level cap was raised (though I believe technically what they said was that they wouldn't add Egis unless the level cap was was raised.)

However, I think they'd really need to change up how SMN works for it to be worth it. Right now, if they had six Egis instead of three, everybody would still just use whichever Egi results in the most overall DPS.

I don't know what changes they'd need but it would probably have to be something that means switching Egis in the middle of a fight is useful/worthwhile. Perhaps each one having powerful attacks on separate long cooldowns, or something. Summoning takes time though (and should stay that way, I think) so these attacks would have to really be worth switching Egis for, and it'd add the strategy of knowing when's a good time to switch and plan in advance which Egi you should get out to use.

In other news, I'm somewhat angry that they went into lots of detail about every job except Paladin, which they barely glanced over. "It gets a new combo that does dots and uh, Divine Veil and something that blocks I guess. Ok now let's talk for 10 minutes about the new Warrior DPS stance stacks!"

As for the other jobs, most of them got some really nice stuff, especially MNK and the two original healers. BLM finally getting more complex rotations, and BRD getting a DPS charged-attack stance when they don't move is interesting too.

Still thinking that I want to play Machinist first out of the new jobs.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 4:34 pm 
Crumpet
Crumpet

Adding a nice write-up from reddit that summarises the ability stuff they talked about:

Quote:
WAR

•New stance called "Deliverance", increases damage and has its own stacks called "Abandon". Deliverance and Defiance can be switched and the remaining stacks will change to those of the according stance i.e. Wrath and Abandon will be retained and swapped while switching stances.
•A new AOE that looks like an Earthquake.
•The new buff shown on the HW trailer named "Raw Intuition". Guaranteed a Parry while being attacked in front, but guaranteed a crit damage if attacked from other angles.
•A crystal "taunting" move.

BRD

•New song "Wanderer's Minuet", affects self only. While singing this song BRD can't move while attacking, can't Auto-attack but can fire charged shot and increase damage deal.
•Wanderer's Minuet will not consume MP and acts like a stance. Moving will instantly end it.
•New attack called "Sidewinder". Increases effect of already applied DoTs.

NIN

•Doesn't get a new stance. Huton will be longer. Will have more positionals.
•New Enmity Manipulation skill.

SMN

•Tri-disaster renamed to Tri-bind. SMN will have a brand new Tri-disater spell which is expected to apply Bio II, Miasma, and Bio all at once.
•No new pets, but existing pets will have more actions.
•New skill "Bahamut Trance": Infuses the power of Bahamut to the caster, certain actions will yield "Bahamut Stacks" which can be spent for Akh Morn some high potency attacks.

WHM

•A new AOE Regen called "Asylum".
•Stone 3, Aero 3.
•Some new instant less-powerful-than-Benediction heals.

MNK

•A new stack called Chakra that can be stacked up to 5, and can be consumed to deliver a high potency attack and restore TP.
•A way to switch stances without attacking.
•High potency attacks that consume Greased Lightning.

AST

•2 stances: Moon Reading and Star Reading. One is WHM-like and one is SCH-like.
•Cards drawn are random. You can use a drawn card immediately, or put that on hold and draw a second card and add the effect of the first card on top, or discard it to draw a new card.
•There will be 6 cards: a Haste card, an Attack Power card, a Vulnerability Down card, an Omni-cast card and 2 more cards.

MCN

•Manually reload (likely to be on GCD), has casting time and can reload up to 5 bullets.
•A instant oGCD "Quick Reload" which instantly reloads 1 bullets.

DRG

•A new buff called "Blood of the Dragon" that triggers some 4-stage combo after Full/Chaos Thrust.
•A high potency attack that consumes Blood of the Dragon.
•Jump animations will be adjusted.

DRK

•Will use MRD and GLA cross-class skills.
•Has a gap closer and a ranged attack (shooting black laser from the sword)
•A Grit Stance for tanking and a Dark Stance for DPS. Dark Stance consumes MP and unaffected by Ballad. Grit Stance will buff Accuracy. They might have recommended that DRK should stance-dancing more often by building hate on Grit and switch to Dark and so on.

SCH

•New skill called "Dissipation" that "consumes" Fairy to increase magic potency.
•A skill called "Deployment Tactics", that enhances Adlo and make E4E AOE-ish.
•A skill called "Emergency Tactics", that affects Adlo and makes it instant heal instead of the shielding effect.
•A skill called "Indomitability", enhances healing potency.

BLM

•Fire 4 and Blizzard 4.
•Enochian: 30 sec buff that allows caster to cast Fire 4 and Blizzard 4.
•Ley Lines: Ground AoE spell speed buff . Only works on the caster.
•Sharp Cast: Forces the next spell to proc.

PLD

•A finisher combo from Riot Blade.
•A finisher combo that inflicts DOT.
•A new blocking attack.
•New action: Divine Veil: Sets a protective barrier around the target where if the target receive cures while under the effect, other nearby members will also receive a barrier effect.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 5:58 pm 
Incredibly Tough!
Incredibly Tough!

New scholar skills are lame.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 7:38 pm 
Decent Challenge
Decent Challenge

SCH DPS Main job.

The healing potency up might be nice for aoe and such if it last more than 3 seconds and the instant Adlo would mean 6k+ instant heals. Nothing amazing but it'll be fun to see how everything plays together in raids.

The new classes look cool.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 8:12 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

All of the changes seem kind of interesting. I do agree with the SMN stuff. Hard to add more egis in its current implementation.

Looks pretty cool, though :)

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 8:12 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

All of the changes seem kind of interesting. I do agree with the SMN stuff. Hard to add more egis in its current implementation.

Looks pretty cool, though :)

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 10:23 am 
Honey Muffin
Honey Muffin

I really wanted a new summoner specific Carbuncle, but truth be told I think they did the right path (at least as I can guess without playing it). The design of the job and surrounding features of the game dissuade summoners from exchanging egis mid battle for strategic reasons. If they added more to the mix it would just become another "which one is the most dps and only ever use that one" scenario again. Waste of dev time and might anger players for having their new abilities being useless.

On the other hand, they /could/ have overhauled it in a way to have summoner play just that and have easily had an excuse to make an array of pets. but honestly, I've not seen enough boldness in this team to ever do such a thing. They did a lot of revamping between 1.0 and 2 but still seem really afraid to make anything actually drastically different from how it ever was.

Anyho, looking forward to trying it. I don't see any reason to be upset about it because some of the things we're getting sound potentially useful and cool. If not, Machinist sounds pretty similar play to summoner so could always spill over that way. (If only SE would pronounce it correctly now).

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 11:11 am 
DL Hughley

Drg doesn't seem to be undergoing any major changes, which is fine with me. I'm thinking the Tier 4 attack "combo effect" will vary depending on whether it's combo'd from Full Thrust or Chaos Thrust. Either way this stuff tends to make it appear as though they want to revitalize Dragoon as the ultimate high number one-hit guy for melee on account of Ninja being capable of similarly powerful single hits.

Ninja gets a T3 to finish up Shadow Fang it seems, which will extend Huton, which means you get an extra Raiton or whatever instead of spending a ninjutsu turn on Huton. It also means that the combo rotations of ninja may go batshit.

Paladin will still be A: boring as hell and B: extremely effective in every situation.

Bard stuff seems weird.

I want to play Dark Knight but I'm not interested in the others yet.

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 12:59 pm 

Honestly they should just ditch the pets for smn and do this new trance for all the Primals.

Based on people's previews, it sounds like ahk morn is going to be smns flare, so that we be nice.

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 4:11 am 
Honey Muffin
Honey Muffin

Hmm I haven't thought of that Corwin, it would be a neat idea.

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 8:33 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Corwin wrote:
Honestly they should just ditch the pets for smn and do this new trance for all the Primals.

This is a cool thought. Basically it'd be like FF11 summons without the auto-attacking. If you go into a trance (or however it works), and the summon shows up as an egi, or whatever, even if just for looks only, and then you have access to a different set of abilities, depending on which one you're channeling.

Would be neat

Board index » Final Fantasy XIV » Final Fantasy XIV Discussion