Called off sick Friday? Need to do as much as possible to blast your way out of the gate to 60? A few of us have been discussing what we can do, and while bored at work I decided to write it all out. You have only two days to get this stuff done because the game is down for the entirety of Thursday.
Here's some stuff to do:
- Complete 16 Levequests * / **, but do not hand them in. Each one is worth around 15k exp after speed and difficulty bonuses. There are 9 level 45 Grand Company leves at Saint Coinach, 5 regular battlecraft leves, and then you'll need to grab 2 from Whitebrim. This will get you around 240k exp once you turn in at 3.0.
* You must complete the levequest on the job you want exp for later. The game remembers which job you did each levequest on. So no using this for AST/MCH/DRK.
** You actually want to complete 4 levequests, hand those in, and then complete another 16 without handing them in. See the challenge log section later for details.
- Complete any Level 45+ Quests that you still have lying around and don't hand them in. Each one is worth around 10-15k exp. Unless you were meticulous about completing quests to get them off your map, you'll likely find a few in Northern Thanalan, a few in Revenant's Toll, a bunch at Saint Coinach, some at Quarrymill, and maybe a couple in Coerthas. A good idea is to port into each zone, and open the Duty > Recommended window, and any high level quests in the zone will be listed at the top. Find about 10 of these (as I did) and you're talking 100-150k exp.
- Complete 6 Beastman Dailies. You can grab 3 Level 48 beastman quests at the Amaal'ja camp, and another 3 level 48 quests at the Sahagin camp. Complete them and don't turn them in. These are worth about 60k exp altogether. Not a huge amount, but better than nothing.
- If you never finished your Hunting Log due to already being level 50 and the exp was worthless. Now's the time to finish it off. There'll likely be a new hunting log tier that will be earning you exp towards 60. The level 40-50 tier had approximately ~20k exp per level of hunting log, plus the bonus for completing it.
- Now that we've hit Tuesday reset, do your Challenge Log! Take everything to "one before" what would actually trigger the exp gain. Be extremely careful that you don't trigger one early because you'll waste a LOT of exp.
- Complete 2/3 roulettes, 4/5 dungeons. (~140k)
- Complete 4/5 fate regions, 9/10 total fates. (~170k)
- Complete 4/20 levequests ***. (~170k)
- Give 4/5 commendations while doing your dungeons. (~50k)
- Complete 2/10 guildhests ****. (~30k)
Once the level cap is raised in 3.0. All you'll need to do is hand in your levequests, do 1 new fate, 1 new dungeon (first new story dungeon would work), commend someone in it, and quickly knock out a guildhest roulette, and you'll get around 560k exp in just challenge log bonuses! (That's an entire level.)
*** Complete and turn in 4 levequests. This will leave you 1 before hitting the first exp reward. Then complete the 16 levequests without handing them in, as explained before. This will give you 20 levequests as soon as you hand them in and hit both challenge log rewards.
**** Likely worth only doing 2/3 guildhests because doing 9/10 will waste a potential 30k exp getting 50k. It might be a better idea to just do the first 3 guildhests (for 30k) and then get the additional 50k exp completing another 7 guildhests later in the week before the next reset. If you hit level 51 first you'll even get more exp from it.
This should catapult you at least halfway to level 52. Not to mention the exp you'll be getting just doing the main story quests and any other new content.
You could use some of this on the new jobs (e.g. AST/MCH/DRK) but remember that you can't turn in high level quests on a lower job, and challenge log bonuses are proportional to your current job's level; the bonus won't be worth anywhere near as much on a lowbie job. I'd recommend you do this prep for your current level 50 job even if you intend to level a new one.
As for one last final question: Why should you rush this stuff, why not just earn these bonuses naturally playing Heavensward? Sure, it's entirely possible you'll earn a bunch of these over the first few days just playing the expansion, but you won't lose anything by doing them now, and it's also entirely possible the game spends half of the time down for maintenance, or suffering from extremely congested zones. Or you might just miss some of the bonuses because you didn't do them.
If you're bored over the next couple of days, it's probably worth doing.