It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:22 am View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » Final Fantasy XIV » Final Fantasy XIV Discussion

Post subject: Anyone Still Play?
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:56 pm 
Tough!
Tough!

Hey y'all, it's Gavin from the ol Ifrit FFXI days. Anyone still playing this game?

I just got the game and am rolling a WHM this time around.

Post subject: Re: Anyone Still Play?
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:53 pm 
Spammer, to the max!

some of us on hyperion server yeah

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:22 am 
Tough!
Tough!

dang, we're on behemoth :( we've got a WHM (me), tank (WAR) and DPS (SMN). and after looking at the lvl 50 pre-heavensward quests, I don't think I'm going to spin an alt.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:10 am 
Easy Prey
Easy Prey

Behemoth is in the same data center as Hyperion so you could do some cross world stuff with CKD if it was planned in advance.

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/871200/

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:48 am 
Eater of cow souls

I've just recently resubscribed. I have been feeling nostalgic for FFXI lately, but since I feel like that chapter has closed, I want to try to keep up-to-date with FFXIV. The game is still fairly young for an MMO and I don't want to miss out on playing through the expansions as they release.

My character is Pinch Face on the Exodus server.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:27 am 
Easy Prey
Easy Prey

I play on Behemoth.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:30 pm 
Easy Prey
Easy Prey

Ultimaj wrote:
I've just recently resubscribed. I have been feeling nostalgic for FFXI lately, but since I feel like that chapter has closed, I want to try to keep up-to-date with FFXIV. The game is still fairly young for an MMO and I don't want to miss out on playing through the expansions as they release.

I also was feeling the pangs to play XI and went back a few months back during the free to play week. Holy fuck; I'm still on it. The QOL changes are amazing and the game is actually fun to play solo and casually.

I haven't been able to get the motivation to play XIV even though I've stayed subbed to it since 1.0 and have all the CE expansions lol

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:46 am 
Eater of cow souls

Auspice wrote:
Ultimaj wrote:

I also was feeling the pangs to play XI and went back a few months back during the free to play week. Holy fuck; I'm still on it. The QOL changes are amazing and the game is actually fun to play solo and casually.

I haven't been able to get the motivation to play XIV even though I've stayed subbed to it since 1.0 and have all the CE expansions lol

I may have to subscribe one of these days and check it out then. I think I stopped playing at either CoP or ToAU.

If I were to create a brand new character on FFXI, what kind of pace could I expect to level up, unlock jobs, get to 99, etc.? I have a couple of friends who never played it, and I thought it would be cool if we all got it and played for a month or so, but I know it wouldn't be a long-term thing.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:29 pm 
Honey Muffin
Honey Muffin

I saw you on reddit the other day!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:13 pm 
Eater of cow souls

8-[

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:52 pm 
Easy Prey
Easy Prey

Ultimaj wrote:
Auspice wrote:
Ultimaj wrote:

I may have to subscribe one of these days and check it out then. I think I stopped playing at either CoP or ToAU.

If I were to create a brand new character on FFXI, what kind of pace could I expect to level up, unlock jobs, get to 99, etc.? I have a couple of friends who never played it, and I thought it would be cool if we all got it and played for a month or so, but I know it wouldn't be a long-term thing.

This is hardcore derailing but in XI now you can take a job from 1-99 in a day or two; the hardest part is stopping for the level break quests. A friend of mine just did it with a new BRD mule character. Meanwhile; I took a new job from 1-99 in like 4(?) hours. That said; hitting 99 isn't remotely the "end" of progression, job points is where it's at and it's like adding another few dozens levels to your character with all the boosts(it's a mix of set boosts to stats while also letting you pick and choose what to boost in other areas).

Board index » Final Fantasy XIV » Final Fantasy XIV Discussion