It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:41 am View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » Cobra Kai Dojo News & Announcements

Post subject: Defeated: Zanig'oh
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:58 pm 
Crumpet
Crumpet

Goldfang Adebb Chah, and the Amalj'aa's alchemically enhanced biological weapon prototype Zanig'oh have fallen at the hands of Cobra Kai Dojo.

Attachment:
File comment: Zanig'oh
FFXIV_1295130390.jpg
FFXIV_1295130390.jpg [ 800.92 KiB | Viewed 1904 times ]

This NM was a lot easier than the buffalo last week. You have to fight many mobs at once but they are easily slept and killed one at a time. So we were able to win with fewer people than last time.

We got a single rune drop but unfortunately it was for the Buccaneer's Sash, which is one of the least spectacular of the NM armor pieces.

Hopefully our item drop luck takes a turn for the better in future, but of course we all had fun just killing the NM.

Post subject: Re: Defeated: Zanig'oh
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:43 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Woo hoo!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:56 am 
Youre a Crappy HNM like Roc or something

So angry omg. You kill the NM while I'm not there, then I dont even get a rune. WHITE HOT RAGE

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:35 am 
Crumpet
Crumpet

A drop rate of 1/2 is a lot better than the 0/5 we got on the other NM, lol. I almost thought SE had a decent HNM system going on for a minute there, where you farm the points for your items in your own time and then gather friends and force pop the NM to get your items.

But then they go and mess it up by making the drops completely random. NM might give you items that aren't the ones you want and not even for your class, and theres a very good chance (80%+ so far) that you won't get a drop at all!

PS: For whatever reason, Quick Reply was turned off for this board, so I turned it on. Maybe more people will comment now!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:37 am 
Honey Muffin
Honey Muffin

I was lured in by the quick-reply....

I'm glad we got something at least, it might bolster morale. I was afraid if we did all 3 nm and not returned with any loot people would give up.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:45 am 

Yeah, its very tempting to give up after throwing down 1200 faction points and getting 10 crystals in return. Totally fucking worth it. :P

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:40 am 
Honey Muffin
Honey Muffin

I think SE keeps missing the point on how to motivate people to continue with content, or at least be satisfied with it.

The initial point behind the faction NM is genious in itself. People get bored of faction leves or leves altogether, how to motivate them to continue to do these? People upset that they cant target a certain world NM, how to appease them?
The good answer was using special faction leves to spawn said NM, for a slightly modified loot pool. How to prevent people from wristing from not getting what they needed from a loot distrobution? Easy, we'll make the loot in the form of a tradeable item so players can decide what they wish to obtain at a time. Awesome. However the fail came when deciding what to put in said loot pool and how to gift it to players.

I was disappointed to find out that all the worth while stats that were announced with the gear was removed in final release. The models aren't even all that differentiated from what you could just buy off the streets of Uldah. There are now maybe one or two items that are sorta nice, but the rest is merely for completionists. And I really don't see this content playing out for SE in the long run. People will either lose interest forever when in a few months better crafted gear is implemented or other drops become available elsewhere.

SE's brilliant solution, which follows the only reasoning they seem to understand in their own heads, is that they believe players will give longevity to their content by trying to persue an item with an extremely low drop rate. It only serves to annoy players however. Especially when the item is substandard. Really I think this descision is the noose around the concept's neck. Players will quickly get frustrated and discontinue their use.

Right now it's riding on novalty. It's good practice for us and a break from the mundane. Don't allow my negative tone to discourage anyone from doing the NM runs. My rant merely exists to point out that SE killed the long term viability of the entire system on what otherwise could have been a shining point in the game.

I'm hoping the constrictions placed weren't birthed by just shere stupidity, but rather maybe some other, better, plans for the system in the future. Maybe the NM's right now are just another stepping stone to yet another teir in the NM factions with better loot.

On a slightly unrelated side note, I'm begining to think that gathering stats may influence chest procurements. For some reason lancer has lots of gathering stats with no means to use them, but I've noticed I tend to get more gil out of chests that I open than Ket does on gladiator. Could just be complete coincidence though.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:02 pm 
Spammer, to the max!

I think that belt looks pretty fashionable. I need to get my ass in gear so I can get in on these before you take them all down.

Board index » Cobra Kai Dojo News & Announcements