It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 2:38 am View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » Official Lodestone News & Announcements

Post subject: Changes to the Battle System and More (2/1/2011)
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:00 am 
Square Enix
Square Enix

Patch 1.15a, which is set to go live Wednesday, February 2, will contain a number of changes in line with the wealth of player feedback we have continued to receive, such as the way in which skill and experience points are awarded based on party composition or enemy rank, and the addition of a number of new text commands.

Read all of the details.

Post subject: Changes to the Battle System and More (2/1/2011)
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:00 am 
Square Enix
Square Enix

Patch 1.15a, which is set to go live Wednesday, February 2, will contain a number of changes in line with the wealth of player feedback we have continued to receive, such as the way in which skill and experience points are awarded based on party composition or enemy rank, and the addition of a number of new text commands.

Battle
Skill and Experience Point Awards

Several balancing changes will be made that will bring greater benefits than ever before to multi-player battle. Party bonuses will be adjusted to award larger amounts of skill and experience points based on party size. Further changes will also ensure that greater differences between player and enemy rank will yield greater rewards as well. The amount of skill and experience points available from enemies ranked lower than a player will be reduced, but defeating enemies ranked higher than oneself will now yield greater amounts.

For players engaging in solo battle, the amount of skill and experience points currently awarded after rank 20 falls off sharply. To address this, we will be implementing changes that will better balance the amount available between ranks 20 and 23.

3-D Battle Text

The placement of 3-D battle text, such as damage and healing values, will be adjusted to prevent the overlapping of separate numbers. In addition, battle text will be color-coded in the following manner.

Message Type Font Color
Damage dealt by you Yellow
Actions by you that miss or are evaded Yellow
Status effects caused by you Yellow
Healing to self Blue
Damage dealt by enemies Red
Actions by enemies that miss or are evaded Red
Status effects caused by enemies Red
Healing to enemies Blue
Damage dealt by others White
Actions by others that miss or are evaded White
Status effects caused by others White
Healing to others Blue

Text Commands
/display head (subcommand on/off)

The /display head text command can be used to toggle the graphic display of a piece of equipment currently equipped in the head slot.

/display head on – Display head gear.
/display head off – Hide head gear.

* This command cannot be used while in active mode.

/clock

The /clock feature is being implemented to allow players to easily confirm the amount of time remaining until the reset of several in-game timers, such as the reissue of guildleves or the regeneration of anima.

Use of this command will display the current time (Earth time), together with the following information.

Time remaining until guildleve reissue
Time remaining until anima regeneration
Time remaining until next behest

Post subject: Re: Changes to the Battle System and More (2/1/2011)
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:04 am 
Onionhead
Onionhead

ok so

party exp up

weak mob exp down
hard mob exp up

now lets hope they make it possible to LFG

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:37 am 
Youre a Crappy HNM like Roc or something
Youre a Crappy HNM like Roc or something

I don't see where it says they're lowering solo SP. The way I read it they're saying the drastic decline in SP past 20+ is a problem they're fixing.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:44 am 
Onionhead
Onionhead

oh gotcha, i read "For players engaging in solo battle, the amount of skill and experience points currently awarded after rank 20 falls off sharply." as solo exp nerfed

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:53 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

When you actually read the whole thing, it says that it drops off currently. They're alleviating that 20 through 23.

Ponuh wrote:
i love how half of this thread is about racism in america and the other half is pictures of kittens

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:07 am 
Onionhead
Onionhead

so we can just solo to 23 before ever partying now

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:16 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Yah, so what it sounds like is that they plan to allow you to be able to solo to 23 in a reasonable amount of time. I don't know if this means they'll be bumping the SP back up for 20-22.99, or if they will simply be adding more monsters that are easier to kill for the "reduced" amount. Either way, that basically falls in line with the idea of soloing to 23 (if you want), so that you can then grab R30 battle leves.

Looks to me like leve-linking will still be the king of SP gain. The more stars, the higher the mob level is, and so on top of the boost to party SP gains, the higher leveled mob should also come with increase to SP. So leve-linking should be quite impressive (Hopefully) come patch time tomorrow.

That being said, I think both of the proposed changes look promising for grinding parties, too. If it gets implemented in the way that we hope (Perhaps that's a big "if", I dunno...), then I can see the return of groups of people banding together to roam around the overworld, killing monsters.

Sure would be nice to see the revival of our ~6 person parties we did around 20-33 that were a lot of fun. Not to mention that it'd be good to have this go live again, so when people group up, they could also go out and target mobs that our crafters need, like toad skins, or cooking ingredients, or dye moss, etc.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this makes it easier for us to rank up. Depending on how it plays out tomorrow, I'm going to propose an event schedule for leve-links and such, so that we can really start burning through the SP. I want more CKD in the 40+ rank range!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:26 pm 
Spammer, to the max!

Square Enix wrote:
/display head on

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:31 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

I'm worried this will also apply to solo play "The amount of skill and experience points available from enemies ranked lower than a player will be reduced, but defeating enemies ranked higher than oneself will now yield greater amounts."

If so, we are royally fucked if the party SP change isn't good enough for people to start exp-ing in groups. Soloing anything but coblyns is slow enough, I hope they don't nerf it completely. I'm gonna solo my way to 36 tonight, then cross my fingers and hope for the best!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:58 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Kluya wrote:
I'm worried this will also apply to solo play "The amount of skill and experience points available from enemies ranked lower than a player will be reduced, but defeating enemies ranked higher than oneself will now yield greater amounts."

If so, we are royally fucked if the party SP change isn't good enough for people to start exp-ing in groups. Soloing anything but coblyns is slow enough, I hope they don't nerf it completely. I'm gonna solo my way to 36 tonight, then cross my fingers and hope for the best!

I understand where you're coming from. It seemed like 1-20 was just too good to pass up during the last SP Change, so that was the main driving force behind my getting everything up to rank 20. I'm really glad that I did that now, since I won't have to worry about anything < 20 until new classes are released.

I'm interested to see how soloing will work now.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:36 am 
Honey Muffin
Honey Muffin

I'm unsure if this change will be effective or not. The main reason why parties dropped off the face of the planet after the initial change wasn't so much due to the amount of SP given, but the fact that anything above your level one shots your entire party. I don't see how making those mobs dispense more SP will change anything if they still one shot your entire party.

It also sounds like speed killing lower level mobs in dungeons might be nerfed.

Either this patch will be the godsend that reinstates 6 man classic parties - or - it will completely kill any form of leveling outside leves altogheter. Will have to wait and see.

ps: as a side thought....
In an effort to make every mob, even eventually nm's, soloable in the game they came up with a crazy damage calculator directly linked to rank vrs rank. Problem is, it only works within a small window of a scenerio and the rest of the time it completely f's up the entire game. I'm greatly hoping they do away with this.
I understand their reasoning why a THM should be able to go fight a gobbue on his own at high level if he shoudl wish to, but that doesnt mean he should be able to tank as well as any given gladiator at same rank. Merely because the calculator is limited to rank only with the pysical stats having little influence.

Sure, a high level THM should be able to solo, but I thnk that the ability to should have lied in the utilization of action bar abilities and gear - and not so much just because he's high level he can.

I'm not picking on THM just the first non-tank job that came immediately to mind for example sake.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:55 am 
Onionhead
Onionhead

yea kio, its yet another thing i liked better about ff11. you could be level 75 but go whack a dunes leech and it still takes like 3 or 4 hits. ur dmg capped off around 250 or something. not here, im hitting monsters for like 3000 now. and yea the worst part is thats what monsters can do too.

Board index » Official Lodestone News & Announcements