It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:59 am View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » Official Lodestone News & Announcements

Post subject: Re: Letter from the Producer, X (05/20/2011)
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 8:52 am 
CKD's Minimum Fuck up

im back on ffxi whisp and the crawlers nest is still here!

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 9:34 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

I miss boyahda tree! If FF14 had FF11's party exp system, but without the strict job requirements, then I'd be really happy.

If it still took 6 people hanging out in a dungeon for a few hours grinding away on SP, but didn't require you to stand around in Ul'dah for 2-3 hours prior looking for a healer/refresher/tank, then it'd rock. All it should take is six people around the same rank, and you're good to go.

Of course none of that would fix all of the other major crap that's missing from the game.

For what it's worth, though, I don't completely hate the SP system for DoW/DoM classes, since basically it can be a completely CKD-only affair, and we tend to have fun when partying together, nomatter the reason.

I just want all the other MMO staples. I want rentable chocobos, I want fame/reputation-related goals, I actually wouldn't mind raising a chocobo. I know that was a bit of a grind, but ultimately being able to have my own red chocobo to ride around on would be really cool to me.

Most importantly, if gear ends up being like WoW-gear, I'm going to be very sad. Let us continue to augment gear we get, but I really hope we don't end up having tiers, like WoW, where ever 3 months, all our hardwork was invalidated by another new set of gear that's better in every way.

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 9:36 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Yeah....do they plan to add a better party search feature and /sea all? I've seen no mention of either. Seems like both would be easy fixes on their end, and would make EVERYBODY happy. Just copy and paste both from FFXI please.

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 10:09 am 
Meat Miq'abob
Meat Miq'abob

Fattino wrote:
i totally just realized kitty responded to me so had to drop by and make a post.

Rift is a pretty fun game. but i think in general the entire wow mechanic is just getting old to me. FFXI's combat system i always found pretty fun, i liked the balance of being able to talk while i played but still some skill to the combat.

Also, i did play FFXIV when it released so i've seen whats changed. There has definately been a ton of minor fixes to it, but that doesnt change the fact that we dropped 75 dollars on a game that 8 months later was still not hardly worthy of retail release. 8 months in and no endgame is laughable at best.

Yeah, id be even more bitter if the game was charging monthly, but i also wouldn't have given it a chance nearly as long. I also don't intend on terminating my account because as you said, its free so i can log in to check it out occasionally and see if they actually do anything.

8 months in, i still have a hard time calling ffxiv a game rather than an MMO grinding simulator.

Lastly, chill out. I insulted a video game, not your mother.

WHAT YOU SAY ABOUT MY MOTHER!

actually i dont think i sounded angry... lol maybe a little fanboyish but its hard not to sound fanboyish when talking about a game.

oh yeah Dorothy Mantooth is a SAINT!

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 10:41 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Fatty, I'm going to take your mother out for a nice, steak dinner and never call her again!

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 12:37 pm 
CKD's Minimum Fuck up

thank god she could use the attention

Board index » Official Lodestone News & Announcements