It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:53 am View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » Official Lodestone News & Announcements

Post subject: Guildleve Reforms (06/29/2011)
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:30 am 
Square Enix
Square Enix

1.18 is scheduled to usher in a major overhaul of guildleves. We would like to take a moment to explain the driving force behind these changes, as well as outline specific revisions coming to 1.18.

Read on for the details.

Post subject: Guildleve Reforms (06/29/2011)
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:30 am 
Square Enix
Square Enix

Guildleves Reborn

Up until now, guildleves have been positioned as the heart of gameplay in FINAL FANTASY XIV. Going forward, however, guildleves will be reborn as solo-oriented content that can be enjoyed with minimal time and fuss. The changes will take place beginning with 1.18, and are scheduled to continue in future patches.

Regional Levequests

The skill point bonus will be abolished for battlecraft leves. The amount of skill points awarded for slaying individual enemies will be reduced, but this will be offset by the inclusion of skill points as a reward for leve completion. To accommodate this change, factors such as recommended/actual rank disparity, completion time, and partial participation will be made to influence the amount of points yielded. In addition, leve linking and sharing bonuses will be reduced, while the maximum number of linkable leves will be raised.

Certain regional leves and faction leves will receive revisions to areas such as enemy numbers, spawn condition, and target item drop rate. Enemy rank variance as determined by leve difficulty will also be adjusted.

Leves that send adventurers scrambling unreasonably long distances will be revamped. A system will also be implemented which enables leves to assign different routes when undertaken by multiple groups simultaneously.

Local Levequests

Bonus skill points granted during synthesis will be abolished. Instead, skill points will appear as a reward for completing leve objectives.

Rewards

The gil and guild marks awarded for completing regional/local levequests will be adjusted. We will also revise the selection of items that may be earned as rewards, introducing those that better reflect the characteristics of each city-state. In addition, levequests yielding guild marks will be limited to city-states hosting the corresponding guild only. For example, Blacksmiths’ Guild marks can only be earned in Limsa Lominsa, while Conjurers’ Guild marks will be exclusive to Gridania. In compensation, adventurers will find that guild marks earned in the above fashion will be yielded at a higher rate.
* The skill point reward for local levequests will be issued to those of the corresponding class only. Similarly, completing a regional levequest as any class other than those recommended will yield no skill points.

Other Adjustments

The following adjustments will be made to improve guildleve usability.

Selecting cancel in the guildleve selection window will return you to the previous menu.
Levequest commencement and completion messages will be adjusted.
Minimap marker position will be made to update automatically.

Post subject: Re: Guildleve Reforms (06/29/2011)
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:13 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Seriously, what the fuck. I know I complained about this in the other thread, but reading this pissed me off again. This game needs SO MANY THINGS fixed before any more levequest adjustments. Their priorites are so fucked. SE truely doesn't understand how to appeal to their playerbase. I don't have any sympathy for the money they are losing on this game.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:59 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

I gotta admit... I think the leve system for leveling up was kinda stupid, but it did get the job done. They better have something real good to replace it before they nerf the SP gains, otherwise people will really get pissed.

This just looks like a big, "We're gonna slow down the SP you get from guild leves, 'cause they're solo content now". And it worries me, because they haven't provided a good alternative yet.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:34 pm 
Honey Muffin
Honey Muffin

All I know is there is tons of hate over the practice of abandoning and redoing leves in link parties on the JPN forums. There's usually one whine thread a week. Once one is dropped another perpetuates in its place.
Despite the fact that lots of Japanese players alike also participate in this.

So I think it was rocketed to the forefront because of this. In fact, really everything that Yoshi has made strong and direct statements of actually changing have all been in response to the top Japanese grievances. I feel a little abandoned as an english player but at least something is getting addressed. In the state of the game as it is, anything getting addressed is an improvement over what the alternative is.

I do beleive that the leve/camp system was although not an outright terrible idea in concept was once again one of the biggest misses in terms of mmo longevity. Something that got wrapped up in the fancy of being new and refreshing rather than thinking through what this means in terms of real life reception.

I don't think this game would have survived in the long term with a strong influence of the leve system. The largest fault is redudnancy which we've all felt the pain of. The other is the consequence of not motivating players to do absolutely anything else such as traditional partying/grinding or even trying to raise funds.

But that brings me to my current concern. While I think that the bold move of removing leves as the central anchor of the game as far as developing your character is a wise thing, I'm amprehensive about the timing of it being so soon.
They should have perhaps waited until after the server overhaul was done and offered us vital tools like party seek functions, mob population, lag reduction, and travel options before tossing us in an unready world for leveling. Or even after jobs so that we had role designation and crowd control to deal with the much higher level mobs we would need to target.

one can make the leap to suggest that dungeon raids will offer comparable experiance in loss of the leves, and we can solo leves in between. But they already said raids will have cool downs of a yet to be determained time frame and would also have some sort of entry requirement (assuming a fee). It doesn't sound like its going to be something we can freely do every other day but I could be wrong. If it is that frequent and becomes the new guild level leveling gimmick...really what was the entire point of any of this?

TLTR; good idea had to be done, but I dont think the game is yet prepaired to just throw people out into the overworld without pissing people off after a few days.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:54 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Anyone feel like finishing the grind to 50 before they nerf this?

Ponuh wrote:
i love how half of this thread is about racism in america and the other half is pictures of kittens

Board index » Official Lodestone News & Announcements