It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:27 pm View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » Official Lodestone News & Announcements

Post subject: Repairing Repairs (07/15/2011)
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:00 am 
Square Enix
Square Enix

Patch 1.18 will usher in a host of crowd-pleasing improvements to the repair system, such as large-scale revisions to recipes and adjustments to the rate of success.

Read up on the details.

Post subject: Repairing Repairs (07/15/2011)
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:00 am 
Square Enix
Square Enix

Patch 1.18 will usher in a host of crowd-pleasing improvements to the repair system, such as large-scale revisions to recipes and adjustments to the rate of success.
Simplifying Repairs

Patch 1.18 will see all repair materials replaced with a universal item called dark matter. Dark matter comes in five grades, each of which can be used to repair equipment whose optimal rank falls within a certain range. As long as the range is correct, dark matter can be used to repair equipment of any class.

Repair Material Description
Grade 1 Dark Matter Universal repair material. Use to repair equipment for class ranks 1-10.
Grade 2 Dark Matter Universal repair material. Use to repair equipment for class ranks 11-20.
Grade 3 Dark Matter Universal repair material. Use to repair equipment for class ranks 21-30.
Grade 4 Dark Matter Universal repair material. Use to repair equipment for class ranks 31-40.
Grade 5 Dark Matter Universal repair material. Use to repair equipment for class ranks 41-50.

* Dark matter can be obtained from vendor NPCs, as guildleve rewards, and through gathering.

Repair System Adjustments

From patch 1.18 onwards, repairs will always be successful when made by those who possess sufficient rank in the appropriate skill. Furthermore, the chance of conducting repairs without expending materials will increase slightly overall.

NPC Repairs

In order to improve the usability of NPC repairs, the fee for such services will be greatly reduced.

Post subject: Re: Repairing Repairs (07/15/2011)
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:40 am 
Honey Muffin
Honey Muffin

i'm not entirely sure I like this change, but at the very least it'll open up my inventory a lot.

I wonder what will happen to a lot of the sticks from botany that are not of any other purpose.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:40 am 
Crumpet
Crumpet

On one hand, this is great. Less stuff to carry around, and never have to worry about armor that has obscure or expensive/hard to obtain repair materials.

On the other hand, I kind of enjoyed carrying around 10 different kinds of armor repair materials so I could repair anything I had or anybody elses armor. Repairing items was a pain sure, but as a crafter I got a small feeling of accomplishment from having the repair material for somebody elses armor. Kind of hard to explain, if anyone else is a crafter and likes repairing people's stuff then you'll probably get what I'm saying.

On the whole though, I think simplifying the whole process and also making it much cheaper to do defeats the point of having it (durability) at all.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:31 am 
Incredibly Tough!
Incredibly Tough!

True it kind of does defeat the purpose, but Naoki is simply reversing/erasing/simplifying most of Tanaka's shit. The players basically gave him authority to do things like this with the series of player's polls.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:47 am 
Onionhead
Onionhead

Thumbs up to this.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:00 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Good change, in my opinion.

The repair system only pisses me off when it comes to repairing crafting tools. e.g. Finding some crafted whetstone to repair my WVR needle. This was much needed, I think.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:21 pm 
Star-Spangled Subligar
Star-Spangled Subligar

Im with Ridere. Its a good change.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:35 pm 
Honey Muffin
Honey Muffin

I think people will get used to it and get over it.

half the fan base wanted repair system gone, half the fan base would be super pissed if it was.
I guess its the best middle ground they could find, and I can't really think of a better compromise personally.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:47 am 
Star-Spangled Subligar
Star-Spangled Subligar

I would have been OK with removing it or at least adding an NPC that could do the exact same repair.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:54 pm 
Crumpet
Crumpet

Frankly, ever since they changed durability so that using equipment of optimal class/rank have you a durability bonus i've not known it to be a problem. I barely ever had to repair weapons and armor anymore. The NPC repairing to only 75% was probably not much of a problem either as long as you didn't want to sell it.

I think two bigger problems are:

1) NPCs will not repair accessories. Why?
2) Low durability doesn't do shit to "bonuses", only stats. If a piece of armor or accessory says STR+5, you get that STR+5 whether it's at 100% or 0%. This means accessories and crafting gear (and even armor for some people) simply never need repairing anyway.

Board index » Official Lodestone News & Announcements