It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:45 am View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » Official Lodestone News & Announcements

Post subject: Synthesis Recipe Revisions (08/18/2011)
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:00 am 
Square Enix
Square Enix

The following thread located under “Updates” in the Official FINAL FANTASY XIV Forums has been updated:

[dev1016] Synthesis Recipe Revisions

Proceed to the thread.

Post subject: Re: Synthesis Recipe Revisions (08/18/2011)
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:36 am 
Crumpet
Crumpet

Crafting is being simplified a lot. This probably fixes the majority of the gripes many people had with crafting when they first started FFXIV.

Summary:
  • Most armor/weapon synthesis recipes are being replaced.
  • The new recipes will make many currently existing synthesis materials completely obsolete. For this reason both new and old recipes will work for a while, but eventually the old recipe, and all of the obsolete items, will be removed from the game.
  • The new recipes will no longer consist of "parts". You no longer need to first make a front and a back and some sleeves to make a item of cloth armor, just some cloth, yarn, and sheep leather (for example).
  • The secondary crafting requirements are being removed from the new recipes. You no longer need every other craft levelled to play the one you actually want to play.
  • The penalty for not using "recommended" guild support on synths is being removed.
  • Coloring of armor is being simplified and improved. Instead of needing various different colored parts, you instead create a plain piece of armor and then later "dye" it. There will be "universal dyes" available that can dye all material types.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:38 am 
Onionhead
Onionhead

i like that last bullet point

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:39 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

omg... I wonder if we can re-dye with this new system. That's how I always envisioned the system before. Buy a piece of gear. Dye it red. Decide later you want to be a water-based mage, so re-dye it blue.

Also, removing subcrafts really makes me happy. I -may- work on a craft again. Not guaranteed, though.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:45 am 
Onionhead
Onionhead

I still have 1300 iron nugs sitting around that I never used

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:10 am 
Meat Miq'abob
Meat Miq'abob

yay i can finally make grilled raptor without needing woodcrafting 22.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:34 pm 
Too Weak
Too Weak

I see certain craft prices rising and some becoming cheap as hell. Can they make this system harder yet?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:06 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

The crafting system needed to be simplified, and I'm glad it is heading that way.

It was overly-complex from the onset. Lack of shards, incredibly fast durability loss, needing to level pretty much ever craft but cooking to serve as a subcraft for your subcraft's subcraft, and having to craft dyed junk into the sub materials, causing people to craft the colors they hope people will buy. (Pretty sure only madi bought yellow crap. I stopped dying my cloth wares yellow rather quickly).

They tried to say that in the game, you could spend your entire life as a crafter and still experience the majority of the game. I think that's why they wanted to make the crafting system as hard as they did at the start, was to make it seem like it was a full-fledged job. And sure, it's important, but the storyline missions have shown me that building content based around this idea is a bad one, and I think the developers know this.

So I think they're moving away from the idea of letting someone who is only a crafter participate in end-game mission content, and in return, they're reducing the pain of crafting, so that people can still craft while also doing DoW/DoM activities.

Good riddance to crafting sleeves and socks, I say. And yellow ones, at that.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:44 pm 
Incredibly Tough!
Incredibly Tough!

Sweet now I can just dye everything yellow without having to be annoyed trying to find the peices I want or getting people to craft them

Also removal of needed subcrafts = I might actually craft now lol

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:10 pm 
Star-Spangled Subligar
Star-Spangled Subligar

this is a much needed improvement. Think of how happy people would have been with just this simple crafting update like 6 months ago

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:49 pm 
Honey Muffin
Honey Muffin

despite being told that this was going down months in advance, and even more days in advance, most the members of the official forum are QQ'ing over the parts removal aspect of it.

Why? No one gives a legit reason why it should stay lol.

I lose a little patients with the official forums as of late. Right now people beg for something then become outraged when actually given it. Or want something but not the actuality of it.

Like half the forum whines for PS3 release but then nerd rages that the UI is dual designed for gamepad use.
Everyone all agreed on the polls that they wanted drastic changes to be made to the game, and then every time anything is tweaked or changed they absolutely lament and bleed over it. /face palm

I think the reality of the remove parts rage on the forums is that none of the people defending it probably ever craft finished parts. And those who do are just angry that their monopoly on those products is threatened because its so dang convoluted that no one else ever wants to bother.

They forget that SE has a very obvious focus right now, and that is creating easy and welcoming content for someone who is new at the game. Look at all the low level additions and like next to nothing end game? When everyone is begging for end game? There's a reason for that. SE knows those hanging on right now likely will stay and participate in that low level content, while SE is banking on a pheonix revival of the retail/ps3 release.
I think they expect an influx of new players and want to make sure that all the things which annoyed or baffled us as new players don't happen again. Yet so many people have gotten so used to the retarded things in this game they lose site of whats good and whats bad.

Similar to how I've choked down tofu most my life and forget what wendy's chicken nuggets are like, so I stick by with my tofu.

Anyho, so far I like Yoshi's changes. I think he put a lot more thought, forethought, and rethinking of new and existing elements of the game than the original creators ever did lol. And I hope the conflicting feedback from the forums doesn't desuade them too much from doing what needs to be done.

*deep breath*
sorry for the /rant I probably shouldn't nerd rage over other people's nerd rages I just had a bad day at work and think I needed to vent myself lol.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:51 am 
Onionhead
Onionhead

tofu > mcnuggets

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:02 am 
Spammer, to the max!

unsure how i feel about this whole change, suppose the same way i feel about the dark matter change: kinda upset but its better in the longrun. i just hope the old recipes arent phased out for a sufficient time so i dont get screwed on all the dyed crafting materials i have.

Yarr wrote:
this is a much needed improvement. Think of how happy people would have been with just this simple crafting update like 6 months ago

don't know how simple this change is, they have to go through like every single crafting recipe there is, and people would have cried their hearts out if this was done in place of all the other changes theyve been doing lately

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:59 pm 
Star-Spangled Subligar
Star-Spangled Subligar

Rubyxiii wrote:
unsure how i feel about this whole change, suppose the same way i feel about the dark matter change: kinda upset but its better in the longrun. i just hope the old recipes arent phased out for a sufficient time so i dont get screwed on all the dyed crafting materials i have.

Yarr wrote:

don't know how simple this change is, they have to go through like every single crafting recipe there is, and people would have cried their hearts out if this was done in place of all the other changes theyve been doing lately

yeah ok, maybe it wasnt simple, but it should have been prioritized better.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:27 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

At least they're getting around to it, either way. haha. Once they decided what they wanted to do, the fix would take one guy a few days tweaking item ids in a table.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:00 am 
Meat Miq'abob
Meat Miq'abob

I like tofu when its chopped into cubes and tossed in with onions in my Miso soup. sometimes if its fried tofu :)

so when is patch 1.19 coming out. im seriously just waiting for crafting. maybe ill level up botany while i wait.

Board index » Official Lodestone News & Announcements