It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:01 am View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » Official Lodestone News & Announcements

Post subject: Foundation Day Cometh! (09/16/2011)
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:00 am 
Square Enix
Square Enix

Ever since the reinstitution of the Grand Companies of Eorzea, an air of tension has enveloped the three city-states, the ensigns of each organization hanging overhead a constant reminder of looming disaster. Lately, however, a peculiar sight has been observed in Ul'dah that appears to buck the trend: soldiers are taking to the streets in celebration—aye, celebration—going as far as to discharge muskets and cannons as part of their boisterous merrymaking.

What could have possibly occasioned this sudden outburst of high spirits? Mayhap the sultanate's leading paper, The Mythril Eye, can shed some light upon this intriguing turn of events...

Read on to learn what all the fuss is about.

Post subject: Foundation Day Cometh! (09/16/2011)
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:00 am 
Square Enix
Square Enix

Never blinking and all-seeing, The Mythril Eye misses naught that transpires within the lustrous domain of coin. In today's edition, senior editor Havak Alvak takes a close look at Foundation Day, the celebration taking place across the sultanate that commemorates the revival of the Grand Companies of Eorzea.

The Founding of a Tradition

Ever since the Ministry of Palatial Affairs revealed the rekindling of the Immortal Flames, the latter has not spared a single spherule of sweat to promote its presence to the public. Stepping up their efforts, the Immortal Flames now host Foundation Day, a celebration commemorating the creation of the Grand Companies of Eorzea more than a millennium past.

According to our sources, the concept was conceived at a congregation of committee members for the Eorzean Alliance,* who recommended that the revelry be simultaneously sponsored by all three city-states. Contrived to curb the consternation of civilians while saturating soldiers with spirit and steadfastness, insiders indicate that the event is also intended to regulate the rivalry raging between the Grand Companies to attract adventurers to their ranks.

Regulated roistering aside, the return of the Immortal Flames alone has been a blessing for the burg. Not only has it aided the amelioration of anxiety over the Garlean threat; it also affords adventurers—rapidly rising as the realm's richest spenders—a steady supply of salary. The prevailing perspective at present is one of expedited economic expansion. Even as I put pen to paper, a curious case of collaboration is being brokered between market and monarchy for the minting of memorial money and the subsidization of salutes by firearms.

The current commercial climate is plainly propitious to profit. Whether you prefer to participate in a procession or peddle products to the public, we at The Mythril Eye enthusiastically encourage participation in the pomp and pageantry as a means of monitoring market movement.

Havak Alvak

[The Eorzean Alliance]

A military alliance established in the 1561st year of the Sixth Astral Era in the wake of Ala Mhigo's fall to the Garlean Empire. Although initially formed of the four remaining sovereign city-states of Eorzea, the Ishgardians soon withdrew from the treaty, taking with them a bulk of the alliance's military might. In part due to this, no joint standing army ever eventuated from the coalition, which has had to rely upon the privately run Adventurers' Guild for the handling of such security issues as the beast tribe threat.

With the reemergence of the Grand Companies, the demand for adventurers soars to a new high as each organization moves to entice capable soldiers to join its ranks.

Foundation Day
Schedule
Thursday, September 22, 2011 at 8:00 a.m. – Tuesday, October 11, 2011 at 2:59 p.m. (GMT).

During the event, recruitment officers from the three Grand Companies will be stationed at the following locations:

Officer Locations
Limsa Lominsa, Upper Decks

Gridania

Ul’dah, Merchant Strip

Post subject: Re: Foundation Day Cometh! (09/16/2011)
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:28 am 
Onionhead
Onionhead

I don't get it.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:04 am 
Father of Evil Twin Tarus & 1 Mastermind
Father of Evil Twin Tarus & 1 Mastermind

Coin Collectors? huh!?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:33 pm 
Star-Spangled Subligar
Star-Spangled Subligar

Im confused too.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:36 pm 
Onionhead
Onionhead

We need Ket to help us understand this and everything in life.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:24 pm 
Crumpet
Crumpet

I hate to tell you guys this, but I have no idea what this is either. But if you want my best guess...

Looks like the picture is showing what the different company seals look like, and the "event" is going to be an NPC from each of the grand companies in each town that will be promoting their grand company over the others. The whole reason you can try all three now is because you're supposed to be deciding which of the three you like best.

Bear in mind that when the next patch hits, you'll be forced to pick a single Grand Company to pledge alliegance to, and this will be required if you want your own personal call-anywhere/anytime chocobo. SE have said a couple times in the past that this company choice will be permanent, which I expect them to backtrack on eventually (just like they did with the "permanent" NPC story fellow) because that idea is stupid. Sure make a penalty for swapping allegiance (such as losing all of your seals or starting back at rank 1 or something) but making it a permanent choice is stupid.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:16 pm 
Crumpet
Crumpet

This "event" has now started. Talking to the NPC at the counter of each of the grand companies gets you a free 1000 company seals.

That's 1000 seals towards your 3000 seal personal chocobo. Off you go.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:09 am 
Spammer, to the max!

from what i've heard the npc wont give you seals unless you've done the old basic company quests (did all these myself so i can't verify). would make sense though, would put meaning to the event in that its time for slackers to finally do the stupid quests so they're ready for 1.19

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:40 am 
Meat Miq'abob
Meat Miq'abob

Rubyxiii wrote:
from what i've heard the npc wont give you seals unless you've done the old basic company quests (did all these myself so i can't verify). would make sense though, would put meaning to the event in that its time for slackers to finally do the stupid quests so they're ready for 1.19

I did all the quest inside that one company area by the auction house, are there more then one? I haven't done any of the dungeons thou.

Board index » Official Lodestone News & Announcements