It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:51 pm View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » Official Lodestone News & Announcements

Post subject: Recipe Revamp (09/29/2011)
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:00 pm 
Square Enix
Square Enix

As has been stated in previous posts, patch 1.19 will feature several new synthesis recipes, as well as significant changes and adjustments to existing ones.

Click here to view the latest details.

Post subject: Re: Recipe Revamp (09/29/2011)
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:41 am 
Crumpet
Crumpet

Quote:
*Items that are crafted using pre-1.19 recipes have had "Dated" added to their names (e.g. Dated Canvas Robe).

So all my armor is dated now? That sucks lol. Going to have to re-craft it all so I don't look like a hobo.

EDIT: They weren't kidding about simplifying the recipes. A lot of the multipart "make a handle, then make a blade, then make a grip, then glue it all together" and "make some sleves, then make a front, then make a back, and then stich it all together" recipes that used like 20 different items, are now just stuff like "2 ingot + lumber = sword" and "2 cloth + yarn = body piece"

EDIT2: Actually I think there's some whole new items in there. I'm pretty sure there was never a "Mythril Haubergeon" or "Steel Chainmail".

EDIT3: !!!

The most important thing to take note of here is that while new recipes require barely any materials compared to before. Materials are also now made in much lower quantities.

E.G: It may only need 1 lumber to make a bow now, but 1 log will now only produce 1 lumber, not 4. This applies to almost every "part" synth. Stuff that was once crated in 33s now only crafts in 3s.

What you should be doing as part of this update is crafting any raw materials you have knocking around. Use the SE forum link to find out what. If you have 10 logs sitting on a retainer, those logs will be 10 lumber if you craft them next week, but 40 lumber if you craft them now!

Important Example:

Dodore Leather
Before Patch: Dodore Wing + Pine Chips = 4 Dodore Leather
After Patch: Dodore Wing + Alumen = 1 Dodore Leather

Dodore Doublet
Before Patch Required: 4 Dodore Leather
After Patch Requires: 2 Dodore Leather

If you craft the leather (but not the doublet) before tuesday, you'll get 2x Doublets per Dodore Wing. But if you wait until after the patch, you'll need to get two wings to make a Dodore doublet! Someone with a lot of money to burn might want to consider buying a few wings and getting them crafted into leather (but NOT a doublet).

This is just one example, there's probably tons of stuff in that list with similar implications, I urge crafters to take a really hard look at the list provided by SE and help us spot some important changes on there that will either help us make lots of gil or help us not lose a ton of gil.

EDIT4: Apparently Gold Ore and Gold Ingots are now obsolete, cannot be obtained through harvesting, and are not used for any recipes. This list is gonna take ages to analyze.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:09 am 
Youre a Crappy HNM like Roc or something
Youre a Crappy HNM like Roc or something

This shit is bananas

So if I'm reading this right, they're completing getting rid of nuggets. All synths are now ore > ingot instead of ore > nugget > ingot. So happy I've held on to those 1000 nuggets this long.

Also, goldsmithing is now responsible for all of the THM elemental brands. That's nice.

Oh, and goldsmith will now be able to craft monocles? Guess its time for me to make my comeback.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:58 am 
Meat Miq'abob
Meat Miq'abob

could someone post the thread here, Im stuck at work so i cant see the information.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:02 am 
Spammer, to the max!

so wait, the old recipes will still work for a while right? like post patch i can still burn through my dark brown toad leather and make toad leather vamps (brown) even though the result is obsolete? or am i gonna be doing a shit load of crafting this weekend? lol

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:58 am 
Crumpet
Crumpet

Rubyxiii wrote:
so wait, the old recipes will still work for a while right? like post patch i can still burn through my dark brown toad leather and make toad leather vamps (brown) even though the result is obsolete? or am i gonna be doing a shit load of crafting this weekend? lol

I think they did say that the old recipes would work "temporarily", however long that is, but I'm also assuming that's only when the item you're making is actually still in the game at all.

This new post doesn't make any mention of keeping the old recipes at all, so while you can probably wait, I would at least craft anything important lying around.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:02 pm 
Spammer, to the max!

i just realized you can "do" multiple synths at once, ex:

even though now 1 log = 1 lumber, you can synth 3 logs at once and produce 3 lumbers

you can use 3 mythril ores to make 1 mythril ignot OR you can use 8 mythril ores to produce 3 ignots (saving an ore)

theres more examples of this, not so good for grinding but good if you want to make stuff in bulk (i know theres been times i wished i could synth a whole stack of no sp cotton bolls at once just for the yarn lol)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:14 pm 
Meat Miq'abob
Meat Miq'abob

doing local leves seem to be the better option then grinding now a days anyways. I didnt find that out till after I made a whole bunch of apple juice lol.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:23 pm 
Crumpet
Crumpet

No sane person is going to post it all here I'm afraid.

The thread is two pages of just posts by SE, detailing the new recipe for basically every single item in the game, what every single vendor now sells, what items you can and can't now harvest in what places, everything, the new buy and sale price of everything, lists of all items being removed from the game, etc. Tons of stuff.

You can't easily just copy and paste it all because it's all in tables, and that's a massive thread to try and screenshot and piece together all of. You're either gonna have to ask about something specific, wait until you get home, or try to get on the site from your phone or something.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:49 pm 
Meat Miq'abob
Meat Miq'abob

Ketrebu wrote:
No sane person is going to post it all here I'm afraid.

The thread is two pages of just posts by SE, detailing the new recipe for basically every single item in the game, what every single vendor now sells, what items you can and can't now harvest in what places, everything, the new buy and sale price of everything, lists of all items being removed from the game, etc. Tons of stuff.

You can't easily just copy and paste it all because it's all in tables, and that's a massive thread to try and screenshot and piece together all of. You're either gonna have to ask about something specific, wait until you get home, or try to get on the site from your phone or something.

oh lol well I guess ill have to wait till i get home. Cant wait to see how they changed everything. i guess the armor stuff might effect me, but I haven't kept too much of my cul stuff. except for all the carrots and onions (which arent really all that useful and im hoping they might be)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:03 pm 
Easy Prey
Easy Prey

Gysahl greens are on the no longer available for purchase from NPC's list, I might buy a couple stacks and hold on to them just incase they are needed for chocobo sprinting or something in the future.

*Edit*
They are also getting rid of buffalo hide/leather altogether, so if you have been stockpiling it like me, use it now.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:40 pm 
Meat Miq'abob
Meat Miq'abob

looks like i dont have to worry about culinary, cause they aint changing crap!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:27 pm 
Honey Muffin
Honey Muffin

the funny thing is the entire point to this was from complaints that culinary recipes were too hard to gather ingredients for lol

I'm wondering where their list of alchemy and culinary recipes are. They changed some alchemy things around and removed some ingredients from the game or completely made a recipe obsolete yet didn't warrant a new list?

edit: com rep said today that cul and alch do indeed have reworked recipes but they won't be changed until a future patch.

Board index » Official Lodestone News & Announcements