It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:35 am View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » Official Lodestone News & Announcements

Post subject: Recipe Revamp Supplementary Materials (09/29/2011)
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:00 pm 
Square Enix
Square Enix

Please note we have added a new section called “Items that will be used again in future (from Patch 1.21 onwards)” to compliment the recipe overhaul we recently introduced as “Items no longer used in new recipes”

We have also added new details to “Updated Recipes” as follows:

Bronze Javelin(carpenter)
Brass Javelin(carpenter)
Iron Javelin(carpenter)
Silver Javelin(carpenter)
Bronze Azagai(carpenter)
Iron Azagai(carpenter)
Bronze Chakram(blacksmith)
Iron Chakram(blacksmith)
Bronze Throwing Dagger(blacksmith)
Silver Chakram(goldsmith)
Electrum Nugget(goldsmith)
Silver Throwing Dagger(goldsmith)
Dated White Coral Wristband (Black)(leatherworker)
Dated White Coral Wristband (Yellow)(leatherworker)
Dated Blue Coral Wristband (Black)(leatherworker)
Dated Blue Coral Wristband (Yellow)(leatherworker)
Dated Red Coral Wristband (Black)(leatherworker)
Dated Red Coral Wristband (Yellow)(leatherworker)
Smoked Raptor(culinarian)

“Items that will be used again in future (from Patch 1.21 onwards)” can be found here.
Additionally, “Updated Recipes” can be found here.

Post subject: Re: Recipe Revamp Supplementary Materials (09/29/2011)
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:01 pm 
Meat Miq'abob
Meat Miq'abob

smoked raptor was probably updated so it no longer needs woodworking.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:03 pm 
Father of Evil Twin Tarus & 1 Mastermind

does this mean there will be only one job to craft item or two or more job is need to craft item?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:30 pm 
Spammer, to the max!

i thought i recall seeing theyre getting rid of having any subcraft at all for any synth (stupid imo)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:32 pm 
Honey Muffin
Honey Muffin

yeah now crafts will be specific to the main craft only.

I think they realized having everyone level all of the crafts probably wasn't the best idea ever.
The like the idea that if you're a leather crafter you should be able to do a leather synth without having to backtrack and level alchemy and woodworking too. Personally i always sorta liked that about ffxi, made it a little more special that you were able to do a craft a competitor couldn't because you spent a little more time invested into it. The downside, which I think they're trying to move away from, is that the subcraft becomes overstaturated for those choosing to take that as a career.
IE: what good out there is for level 30 and below wood crafters if everyone has to have at least that level to do higher level synths in their own class.

kinda hard to explain, i think i may be just rambling at this point i'm so tired. zzzz

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:44 am 
Crumpet
Crumpet

I dont think subcrafts in and of themselves were a bad idea. It makes sense that a finished item thats half wood and half metal might need both Carpenter and Armorer.

The problem was that over half of the synths in the game needed subcrafts. Items that formed a single set of armor needed different subcrafts on each piece. There were lots of items that even needed multiple subcrafts on a single synth. Lots of synths let you make the final item but none of the composite parts or vice versa. And then, if you wanted to level those other subcrafts, you ended up needing to level the subcrafts' subcrafts, and before long you end up needing to level every single craft to a certain level just to play your main craft.

Subcrafts themselves weren't a bad idea, I think SE just went a bit overkill on it compared to XI. Honestly I'd have preferred that they toned down subcrafts, and simply made levelling a craft harder. It's a bit sad that everyone and their mother has a rank 50 craft now, and a lot of people have multiple (if not all!) crafts at 50. It kind of reduces the importance of it.

Anyway, if i recall correctly, SE said that they were removing subcrafts from all of the current recipes, but said that did not mean that future recipes wouldn't need any.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:09 am 
Honey Muffin
Honey Muffin

Ketrebu wrote:
I dont think subcrafts in and of themselves were a bad idea. It makes sense that a finished item thats half wood and half metal might need both Carpenter and Armorer.

The problem was that over half of the synths in the game needed subcrafts. Items that formed a single set of armor needed different subcrafts on each piece. There were lots of items that even needed multiple subcrafts on a single synth. Lots of synths let you make the final item but none of the composite parts or vice versa. And then, if you wanted to level those other subcrafts, you ended up needing to level the subcrafts' subcrafts, and before long you end up needing to level every single craft to a certain level just to play your main craft.

Subcrafts themselves weren't a bad idea, I think SE just went a bit overkill on it compared to XI. Honestly I'd have preferred that they toned down subcrafts, and simply made levelling a craft harder. It's a bit sad that everyone and their mother has a rank 50 craft now, and a lot of people have multiple (if not all!) crafts at 50. It kind of reduces the importance of it.

Anyway, if i recall correctly, SE said that they were removing subcrafts from all of the current recipes, but said that did not mean that future recipes wouldn't need any.

Yo dawg, I heard you liked subcrafts. So we put a subcraft in your subcraft so that you can craft a subcraft for your maincraft.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:17 pm 
Spammer, to the max!

lol

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:35 pm 

ROFL!

Board index » Official Lodestone News & Announcements