It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:06 am View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » Official Lodestone News & Announcements

Post subject: Foundation Day Continueth! (10/07/2011)
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:00 am 
Square Enix
Square Enix

Ever since the reinstitution of the Grand Companies of Eorzea, an air of tension has enveloped the three city-states, the ensigns of each organization hanging overhead a constant reminder of looming disaster. Lately, however, a peculiar sight has been observed in Ul'dah that appears to buck the trend: soldiers are taking to the streets in celebration—aye, celebration—going as far as to discharge muskets and cannons as part of their boisterous merrymaking.

What could have possibly occasioned this sudden outburst of high spirits? Mayhap the sultanate's leading paper, The Mythril Eye, can shed some light upon this intriguing turn of events...

Read on to learn what all the fuss is about.

* With the release of patch 1.19, adventurers are now able to officially enlist in a Grand Company of their choice. To mark this momentous occasion, commencing today and lasting till the end of the Foundation Day celebration, each Grand Company will be issuing double the standard amount of company seals to fully enlisted members.

* The Foundation Day event has been extended and will continue until Monday, October 17, 2011 at 14:59 p.m. (GMT).

Post subject: Re: Foundation Day Continueth! (10/07/2011)
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:27 am 
Onionhead
Onionhead

double seals, that sounds like it could be good, but i have no idea what seals are

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:38 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Continueth wtf lol.

Seals are a form of currency with the new grand companies. You can exchange them for neat stuff like your personal chocobo or rare/ex gear.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:23 pm 
Onionhead
Onionhead

Can you solo farm the seals?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:34 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

You get them for doing company-issued quests, Whisp. and you get 1000 just for talking "gossip" to the center NPC in any of the three company headquarters. Right now when you complete a company quest, I noticed a x2 on it, most likely due to this holiday. So while the quest said I should get 300 seals, I ended up getting 600.

You also get 1000 for running the baby dungeon and another 4000 for running the big dungeon. Getting the 3k for the choco is easy peasy now, not to mention the 1000 for the Patriot's choker, and whatever other items you want to buy.

You lose access to your points in the other two companies when you pledge to your main, however, so Ket and I blew all our seals for the two other companies on buying dark matter for future repairs. haha.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:47 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Ha nice, I bought the uldah bow and let the rest go to waste...dark matter is a good idea since it's 5k gil a pop!

Board index » Official Lodestone News & Announcements