It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:51 am View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » Official Lodestone News & Announcements

Post subject: Re: An Important Announcement on the Future of FINAL FANTASY
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:17 pm 
Easy Prey
Easy Prey

It looks like there is also a summon being cast on the hydra... I would say Ifrit... except this is clearly not the ifrit model... fenrir maybe?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:03 pm 
Star-Spangled Subligar
Star-Spangled Subligar

The problem i have is that this looks like its way too much work for SE to pull off. On top of that they have about a 2 year time line on this project. The PS3 Beta and V2.0 Free Trial period are currently slated for December 2013. Thats over 2 years away. Yet some how I still feel like SE is going to botch things up at some point and delay it past that.

Im feeling good about this, but given SE's past I wont "set hopes to high"

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:32 pm 
Crumpet
Crumpet

Version 2.0 Release: October 2012 (Includes PS3 beta)
PS3 Retail Release: January 2013.

Thats one year, not two.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:08 pm 
Star-Spangled Subligar
Star-Spangled Subligar

I read that timeline wrong.

Still, Im going to have to assume the reason patches and updates have been slow for the last year is due to all this work going on in the background. I just dont like to assume.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:14 pm 
Father of Evil Twin Tarus & 1 Mastermind
Father of Evil Twin Tarus & 1 Mastermind

Ketrebu wrote:
Pantherxx wrote:
no one answered my question, Does this mean we have to pop another 60 buck for 2.0v game?

It's in my post right above yours:
Ketrebu wrote:
All players will have to re-download the new client (for free)

Ok thanks ket, I didn't see it sorry. #-o

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:39 pm 
Crumpet
Crumpet

Yarr wrote:
Still, Im going to have to assume the reason patches and updates have been slow for the last year is due to all this work going on in the background.

That's what I'm guessing. It said they started work on the new server in May, and there's been 2.0 planning since April. Which is kind of around the time I think I started to complain that the updates were good but too slow, lol.

It makes you wonder if they'd have got it done faster if they just shut down the game while they did it. Right now any content they add that isn't to do with the "cataclysm" (ie: will be gone after 2.0) basically has to be done twice.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:09 pm 
Onionhead
Onionhead

perhaps its a log of hits & misses? or hits and hits taken?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:53 am 
Incredibly Tough!
Incredibly Tough!

Rubyxiii wrote:
Madisonli wrote:
pets finally, he says both tamable and summonable pets will be added along with coinciding jobs for them, but i suppose SMN won't be a job in XIV? I'm confused on the wording of his summoning primals description; it's unclear if only a SMN job can do it or if anyone in that Free Company can do it.

check the timelines of things, iirc jobs are coming before pets (so im thinking summoner may be added at a later date to coincide with introduction of pets)

the first 7 jobs are coming before pets, the notes say that additional jobs will come to coincide with the release of the pet system. I'm assuming at that point they'll slap a wyvern onto DRG, add a BST type class (they said tamable pets) and i'm still confused on if they will make a SMN job or not, though primal summoning is confirmed

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 4:41 am 
Honey Muffin
Honey Muffin

Ketrebu wrote:
It makes you wonder if they'd have got it done faster if they just shut down the game while they did it. Right now any content they add that isn't to do with the "cataclysm" (ie: will be gone after 2.0) basically has to be done twice.

I don't feel like trying to shoe horn content for a completely new system into the old one is a total waste of time though. It gives SE a chance to gauge feedback directly from the players without having an official alpha test out. It also lets players build on top of an idea the dev team was working on.

It's just sad and a tad bit frustrating that because the game is continuing to run and have to be retro fitted for everything, it probably severely has slowed down the rate of production the real game could have had.

I'm having a hard time deciding if the value of player feedback is above the value of purely devoted dev time if they had just shut down 14 and started on a new game. I'm a little miffed that some really stupid concepts like the armoury system we're now going to be stuck with in a game that would have probably benefitted without being associated with 14.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:00 am 
Spammer, to the max!

This reminds me of how NCSoft hyped up Aion with a "3.0" video which, I believe, never came to fruition.

Hopefully SE can pull it off, but it does seem like a mega pipe-dream right now.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:29 am 
Incredibly Tough!
Incredibly Tough!

Actually Kayne i'm pretty sure Aion is about to release version 3.0, they are on like version 2.8 atm or something? And pretty much everything in the vision trailer has been already or will be released in 3.0

This SE announcement reminded me alot of aion's vision trailer too, except in PDF form instead of a video. Basically just showing us the plans for the next few years

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:53 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Well, hopefully the game is successful. I think Kitty and I have officially decided not to have our accounts charged for the game, however, so as soon as they fire up the pay-to-play model, I think we'll exit stage left.

Parts of it have been fun, parts of it haven't, but I'm just not sure if I want to tread water for a year, while paying for it, just to see where this game ends up. Maybe I'm just more of a casual care-bear guy now, but I'm not wanting to be a 31-year-old grinding hardcore on MMO games. haha.

Good luck, S-E!

Board index » Official Lodestone News & Announcements