It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:32 pm View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » Official Lodestone News & Announcements

Post subject: Letter from the Producer, XXIV (01/30/2012)
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:00 am 
Square Enix
Square Enix

FINAL FANTASY XIV fans the world round, the twenty-fourth Letter from the Producer has arrived for your viewing pleasure!

Pore over the complete letter.

Post subject: Re: Letter from the Producer, XXIV (01/30/2012)
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:44 am 
Crumpet
Crumpet

This is basically a summary list of what's in Patch 1.21, now slated for "end-of-Feburary".

Saw this before but was hoping they would have come to their senses by now. -_-

Quote:
Moving will be made to interrupt spellcasting

Finally, some actual game content:

Quote:
Implementation of new instanced raid "Cutter's Cry" (level 50)

Implementation of new instanced raid "The Aurum Vale" (level 50)

Unlocking PLD
Learning PLD abilities
Acquiring PLD artifact armor
Implementation of level 30-50 job quests for PLD
(** Repeat above for each of the 7 jobs)

Yays:

Quote:
Ability to conduct player search via text command

Abolition of slot cost for accessories and reorganization of equipping conditions

Implementation of logout bonus

Guardian's Aspect to be abolished with the introduction of logout bonus

Implementation of quests to gain access to player residences in each city-state

Implementation of player residences at inns

Among other things.

And the actual letter:

Quote:
Patch 1.21 is going to be the biggest patch yet since the launch of FFXIV service.

The addition of seven classic jobs, their related abilities and artifact gear, two new instanced raids, private player residences, a cutscene replay feature, chocobo armor, a reworking of crowd control, adjustments to classes, revisions to how spell-casting works, changes to food and medicine effects and recipes, and so on and so forth. (The addition of the On/Off toggle for sub-targeting is another addition I’m looking forward to, being a mouse-and-keyboard man myself.)

For the long-awaited changes to food and medicine, we’ve gone back to the drawing board at a conceptual level, and will be making distinct changes to each item. We’ll be keeping you informed of the new concepts and such on the forums and in Topics posts, so please hang on a bit longer for more details.

There is something I have to apologize for. We were shooting to have the new “hamlet defense” content ready in time for 1.21, but despite the progress we’ve made, I’m afraid the scale is just too large for that to be possible. I’m truly sorry about this. But, it’s going to be fresh new content that can allow all classes to play an integral role (not just combat classes!), so I hope it’s something you can all look forward to. Again, I’m sorry for the delay, and ask for your patience and understanding.

I’d also like to share some info on the release schedule for 1.21. We’d originally aimed for the patch to go live in the second week of February, but after looking over the amount of content and all the accompanying UI changes, localization, balancing, QA’ing, and such, we’re currently looking at a delay of about two weeks. We’re pushing really hard for an end-of-February release, but ask that you wait a bit and keep an eye on the announcements we’ll be making on the forums and in Topics regarding details. (Don’t worry, none of this will have any effect on the version 2.0 schedule!)

Last of all, I’d like to talk about the merging of servers I’ve mentioned on the forums. This is something we’ll be doing to ensure that everyone has a chance to meet as many other players as possible and encourage embarking on adventures together. We’re currently looking into how to make this particularly effective for the European players distributed across all Worlds, as they are fewer in number than players from other regions.

The server merge is a temporary measure intended to help FFXIV progress. We’ll be reintroducing Worlds when the number of players demands it, and with relaunch of version 2.0.

We’re planning to allow for an adequate amount of time between when we release the information regarding the server merging and when we actually carry it out. But for now I’ll have to ask you to wait a little while for the details. Patch 1.21 is a much higher priority, so the merging won’t happen until sometime after it goes live.

Since we’re in the final phase of patch work, this letter kind of just zipped through things, but I also wanted to mention that in addition to the 1.21 environment, we’re also running 2.0 clients on the shop floor now. One of the things we’ve done so far is make sure that more character customization options will be going in the relaunch version. We’ll be releasing more info in the future, so keep an eye out for that as well!

Well, I’m gonna get back to it. See you in the next letter, or on the forums. See you soon!

Neat to know that they have the 2.0 client actually running now. Wonder if we'll get to see it anytime soon. The original plan was to have it ready to show by E3, I think.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:10 am 
Spammer, to the max!

Attachment:
4f268cb389118b2ae50006ac.jpg
4f268cb389118b2ae50006ac.jpg [ 161.3 KiB | Viewed 1443 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:20 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

This is the best letter/update I have seen in a very long time. This should bring a few people back!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:43 am 
Even Match
Even Match

Kluya wrote:
This is the best letter/update I have seen in a very long time. This should bring a few people back!

Yeah I'll definitely be checking it out... probably not before I finish xiii-2 though... and I'll probably be in Amsterdam when the patch is released anyways \:D/. The server merge is a good idea too, but I wonder how it'll play out after 2.0. Being on a mega crowded server would suck ass.

Damn Ruby, is that a teaser of 2.0? Graphics have definitely never been this game's problem...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:01 pm 
Spammer, to the max!

tbh i dont know wtf that pic is lol, dunno if it was a leak or something officially released, it sure is interesting though. reminds me of the main town in ffxii, one of my favorite ff towns ever.

edit: turns out the pic has nothing to do with ff at all haha

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:16 pm 
Honey Muffin
Honey Muffin

I was about to say, i zoomed into that picture like a bad CSI episode and it turned out looking like just some digital concept art.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:36 pm 
Youre a Crappy HNM like Roc or something

I'll be checking it out when it's released, but I find it hard to get excited about something that's been dragging on for so long. Especially when the ls is pretty much dead.

Although, I am getting a bit bored with the dungeon defenders grind. Perhaps I'll be more excited in a month.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:33 pm 
Honey Muffin
Honey Muffin

Corwin wrote:
I'll be checking it out when it's released, but I find it hard to get excited about something that's been dragging on for so long. Especially when the ls is pretty much dead.

Although, I am getting a bit bored with the dungeon defenders grind. Perhaps I'll be more excited in a month.

I wrote a big, long rant thread about the recent handling of the game and subscriptions but deleted it out of guilt for being overly negative. I guess it just boils down to that I feel rather scammed for the first month of pay to play, and so far none of the promises made for subscription pay has delivered.

Really, I can't help but feel that the game would have been a lot more healthier if they hadn't been greedy (or desperate?) to rush subscriptions prior to whenever 1.21 will land (my guess is March). The fair payment methods recently introduced, actual content players can participate in, the motivation to stay to check out jobs, distance enough from important holidays and other major game releases... I can go on, but this just seems like the smart thing to do would be to have made subscriptions start then, not now.

Personally, I was so disappointed by Jan, I don't feel comfortable paying another month sub just yet. Although I do still hold high hopes for 2.0, I really hope we can all rejoin and start up again then.

ps: sorry, my non whiney rewrite of my whiney rant just sorta turned out whiney anyway. /whines aobut whininess

Another addendum, we should all totally play this MMO instead when its done!
http://www.mlponline.net/

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:23 am 

I'm with you 100% about January. I paid my subscription for the month, then immediately regretted it. I think i've played for a total of about 2 hours this entire month.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:32 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Thanks for that link, Kio. Now whoever checks our internet logs here at work will wonder why a 30-year-old went to a my little pony website :P haha

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:42 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

I wasn't too impressed with the last patch, where they changed every single job and added the Moogle fight. The new "content" felt too grindy and not fun. I had no interest paying for FFXIV in January, with so many good console and PC games out.

They shouldn't have started pay to play until 1.21.

Ridere wrote:
Thanks for that link, Kio. Now whoever checks our internet logs here at work will wonder why a 30-year-old went to a my little pony website :P haha

lol :dbanana:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:34 pm 
Incredibly Tough!
Incredibly Tough!

I re-subbed to get a gobbue and then unsubbed again lol, since I didn't plan on resubbing for 1.21 I might aswell had done it now for teh gobbue instead of waiting more. Sadly I have 0 interest in xiv until pets and pvp come which won't be for awhile, but it's really nice to see things seemingly progress with that 2.0 platform tidbit. Still with the game basically horrible and dead for so long, I wonder if it actually can ever become successful at this point lol I hope it can. Meanwhile Guild Wars 2 is looking incredible :D I'll have something to tide me over for the year- 2 years it takes xiv to get pvp lol

Board index » Official Lodestone News & Announcements