It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:50 am View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » Official Lodestone News & Announcements

Post subject: FINAL FANTASY XIV Players’ Poll the Third (03/12/2012)
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:00 am 
Square Enix
Square Enix

The third edition of the FINAL FANTASY XIV Players’ Poll has begun! Be sure to take advantage of this opportunity to make your voice heard as we continue moving towards Version 2.0. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated, and will help us to bring you a better FINAL FANTASY XIV.

Take part in the poll.

* The poll is scheduled to conclude at 8:00 on Monday, March 26, 2012 (GMT).

Post subject: Re: FINAL FANTASY XIV Players’ Poll the Third (03/12/2012)
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:09 am 
Crumpet
Crumpet

I'm at work and don't have my security token with me to log in. Could somebody post the questions?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:39 am 
Easy Prey
Easy Prey

Here's a copy/paste, not very clean but just bolded the questions.

We are now holding our third FINAL FANTASY XIV Players' Poll! This poll centers on general game issues and version 2.0.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank you all for playing FINAL FANTASY XIV. This is set to be a monumental year, as we draw ever closer to the relaunch of the game with version 2.0. As we continue to carry out updates while working our way towards 2.0, we would also like to conduct polls such as this to learn more about your styles of play, thoughts on 2.0, and more, in the hopes that we can then reflect that knowledge in both the game's operation and development.

We would greatly appreciate it if you could help us make FINAL FANTASY XIV a better game by taking the time to complete this Players' Poll. The deadline for poll submissions is 2/27/2012 8:00 GMT. Please be advised that not all poll results may be implemented in the game. Thank you very much for your cooperation and understanding.

* Required
General Gameplay
Q1. Which disciplines do you employ most frequently? *

Discipline of War/Magic classes only
Discipline of the Land classes only
Discipline of the Hand classes only
Discipline of War/Magic & Discipline of the Land classes
Discipline of War/Magic & Discipline of the Hand classes
Discipline of the Land & Discipline of the Hand classes
I play all the classes!

Q2. How often do you play FINAL FANTASY XIV? *

About 1–2 hours per day.
About 2–4 hours per day.
Over 4 hours per day.
About once every 2–3 days.
About once every 3–5 days.
About once per week.
Only right after new patches are released.

Q3. Do you think the pace of leveling up Disciplines of War and Magic classes is appropriate?

(When not power leveling, mind you.) *
I think it's just about right.
I think it's too fast.
I think it's too slow.
I think something other than the above three options.

Q4. If you selected the fourth option to Q3 above, "something other," please elaborate. (500 characters or less)

Q5. What do you like most about the current version of FINAL FANTASY XIV? (Multiple answers allowed) *

The quality of characters
The world, lore, etc
The story
Battle System
Synthesis
Gathering
Battle
Grand Companies
Linkshell communities
The promise of version 2.0
Other stuff

Q6. What would you like to see added to the game? (Up to 2 answers allowed) *

Battle content (primal fights, instanced raids, etc.)
Disciple of the Hand content (including improvements to the current synthesis system)
Disciple of the Land content (including improvements to the current gathering system)
Improvements to the user interface
Additions to the main scenario
Additional quests

Battle System and Combat Classes
Q1. What type of jobs/classes would you most like to see added? (Up to 2 answers allowed) *

An assassin-type class that uses lethal and stealthy attacks. (ex. Ninja, Thief, etc.)
One that controls and fights alongside a pet or avatar. (ex. Summoner, Puppetmaster, etc.)
A new type of magic-user that uses enfeebling magic and close-range attacks. (ex. Red Mage, etc.)
A new type of fighter that uses enfeebling attacks and inflicts special damage. (ex. Dark Knight, etc.)
An original class unlike any of those described above. (ex. Musketeer, Arithmetician, etc.)

Q2. What do you think about the combo system that was released in version 1.20? *

It's great.
It's good.
I'm looking forward to new actions and combos (including job actions).
Meh, it could be better.
It's terrible.

Q3. If you selected the fourth or fifth option to Q2 above, please elaborate. (500 characters or less)

Synthesis
Q1. Do you have a Discipline of the Hand class at level 40 or higher? *

Yes.
No.
I have no interest in synthesis.

Q2. What bothers you most about the current synthesis system? (Up to 3 answers allowed) *

The process is complicated and too much of a hassle.
The process is too difficult to understand.
Synthesis abilities don't seem to have much impact.
Recipes are complicated and too much of a hassle.
There aren't enough recipes.
It's too hard to level up.
I want to make more powerful items.
I want to make items exclusive to Disciples of the Hand.
I want to make items exclusive to Disciples of the Land.
There isn't enough game content for Disciples of the Hand.

Q3. Right now, only the class used to craft an item can repair that item. What do you think of this? *

I think it's fine as is.
I think any crafting class should be able to repair anything.

Q4. Right now, only the class used to craft an item can affix materia to it. What do you think of this? *

I think it's fine as is.
I think any crafting class should be able to affix materia to anything.

Gathering
Q1. Do you have a Discipline of the Land class at level 40 or higher? *

Yes.
No.
I have no interest in gathering.

Q2. What bothers you most about the current gathering system? (Up to 3 answers allowed) *

The process is complicated and too much of a hassle.
The process is too difficult to understand.
Gathering abilities don't seem to have much impact.
There aren't enough materials to gather.
There aren't enough gathering locations.
I don’t have enough time to gather.
It's too hard to level up.
Enemies cause too much trouble, even when using Stealth.
There isn't enough game content for Disciples of the Land.

The Lodestone and Official Forums
Q1. Do you read player blogs on the Lodestone? *

Every day.
Sometimes.
Never.

Q2. Do you keep a blog on the Lodestone? *

Yes, I often make posts.
Yes, but I rarely make posts.
No, I stopped posting.
No, I never felt compelled to.

Q3. Do you view the official forums? *

Every day.
Sometimes.
Never.

Q4. Do you post on the official forums? *

Yes, often.
Yes, but only rarely.
No, never.

Q5. Please share with us your opinions of the Lodestone and the official forums. (500 characters or less)

Relaunch (Version 2.0)
Q1. What are your greatest expectations for the game's relaunch with version 2.0? (Up to 3 answers allowed) *

The new graphics engine.
New maps and level design.
The new user interface.
Systems of communication such as mail and in-game post.
Community systems such as Free Companies and linkshells.
The housing system.
New dungeons and battle content.
Large-scale battle content.
Continuation of the main scenario.
New quests.
New classes and jobs.
PvP content.

Q2. What type of race or clan would you most like to see added in the future? *

Reptilian beastmen (ex. lizardmen, draconians, etc.)
Mammalian beastmen (ex. wolfmen, gnolls, etc.)
Reptilian demi-beastmen (ex. a race with demonic features such as horns, etc.)
Mammalian demi-beastmen (ex. a rabbit-eared race such as the Viera from FFXII, etc.)
More clans for existing races (ex. greater variation in physical build and appearance)
Races of mixed heritage (ex. Elezen-Hyur, Mi’qote-Lalafell, etc.)

Q3. Please share with us your opinions of the current version of FINAL FANTASY XIV and version 2.0. (500 characters or less)

©SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:57 am 
Crumpet
Crumpet

All of those race ideas sound terrible and out of place (Viera could /maybe/ fit, but thats still meant for Ivalice). Why isn't there a "none" option irl.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:21 am 
Youre a Crappy HNM like Roc or something
Youre a Crappy HNM like Roc or something

Ketrebu wrote:
All of those race ideas sound terrible and out of place (Viera could /maybe/ fit, but thats still meant for Ivalice). Why isn't there a "none" option irl.

You don't want to see a mi'qote-roegdyn mix?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:41 am 
Crumpet
Crumpet

Though a resulting beefy roegdyn-lalafell would be somewhat amusing to look at, I don't want to have to imagine the scenario that resulted in it's creation.

I still think they'd look out of place. I also think that adding entire new races after the fact is a bad idea in general. This isn't WoW where the common playstyle is to create new characters to try out new classes and things. In this game, like FFXI before it, you have a single character that levels everything with possibly years of work put into them.

Suddenly adding a new race means you are no longer able to make the choice of being that race without starting all over. It would be like adding a new starter city two years into the game, and only people who start playing the game two years later are allowed to actually have it as a starter city. Don't like it at all.

Adding male mi'qote I'm letting slide because it really should have been there to begin with. I believe they said they'd let players switch to it as part of the 2.0 migration, one-time only. I suppose they could do the same for some other race if they intend to get it in for 2.0 launch, but frankly their ideas just suck, they're all "beastmen". Don't really want beastmen suddenly available as player races.

PS: The question about which 2.0 features we want most really needs an "all of the above".

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:19 pm 
Honey Muffin
Honey Muffin

Ketrebu wrote:

the closest option is this one, "More clans for existing races (ex. greater variation in physical build and appearance)"

That's what I picked. I really don't want to see more races. I was ok adding in missing genders, as like what Ket said, it should have been that way from the start. But I don't want to log in day after 2.0 and all the new players are ugly lizard people or scanty bunny girls. We already have races that cover those grounds.
The biggest draw I hear from people is the aesthetic quality of the game, let's not muddy it up by adding purposefully strange looking new characters.

However, Yoshi has said for a very long time he had strong interest in adding all of the above. Demi humans, repitlian character, playable beastmen characters...... I really hope he doesn't but I'm very afraid he will. Whenever he says he really wants to do something, he usually does it with little input from players beforehand.

To me the dozens of random race thing, and purposefully ugly characters thing is for other mmo. Not FF. If people want vera, they should just make an option to make miquote ears longer and have people pretend. I hate all things Ivalice, I'd like to see that not cross over.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:56 am 
Spammer, to the max!

i picked the more clans option also, cuz i don't want beastmen characters and shit, just cheesy. i agree, none of the options in that question were very good except just greater variation in appearance

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:08 pm 
Onionhead
Onionhead

i picked mammalian beastmen. really what i want is orcs (RUH!), but oh well. i like that they've added beastmen strongholds around the wilderness. it gives otherwise eventless regions some excitement. i wouldn't mind seeing more of those. but i dont think it's particularly necessary.

i also wouldn't mind seeing more player races added-->if they perhaps give the V2.0 players some exclusive races, and meanwhile keep the V1.0 races exclusive to V1.0 players. i think that would get some people on board to join in V1.0, and give something to look forward to in V2.0.

Board index » Official Lodestone News & Announcements