It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:46 am View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » Official Lodestone News & Announcements

Post subject: Grand Companies of Eorzea Page Updated! (04/25/2012)
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:00 am 
Square Enix
Square Enix

‘Neath Garuda’s Shadow

This week, Gridania’s paragon of journalistic integrity, The Raven, gets the swoop on Garuda, guardian deity of the Ixal.

Find out whose feathers are being ruffled by the avian primal’s unwelcome appearance.

Post subject: Re: Grand Companies of Eorzea Page Updated! (04/25/2012)
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:56 am 
Crumpet
Crumpet

Oddly, the garuda fight video post has disappeared from the Lodestone, and was instead replaced with this news article thing.

Quote:
High above the Twelveswood, the raven circles, evermore seeking out truth hidden amongst the shadows of the trees. In today's edition, field correspondent Oliver Goodfellow reports on the threat presented by the appearance of Gridania's sworn enemy, the primal Garuda.

Garuda, Capricious Empress of Birds

Eyewitness reports of a “great winged monster” haunting the outskirts of Quarrymill have sent the Order of the Twin Adder into a flurry of preparation. It appears that the upper echelons of the Order believe the feathered beast to be none other than Garuda herself, and have placed the Grand Company on high alert.

With the ominous change that has befallen Dalamud, it is tempting to believe rumors heralding the Seventh Umbral Era's imminent arrival and give in to crippling despair. But no, I cannot indulge such selfish desires while a threat most real and solid exists within arm's reach. I shall steel my nerves and see for myself just what manner of being this Garuda may be. It must be noted here that this article could not have been penned without the invaluable cooperation of Bowlord Lewin and his extensive knowledge of Ixali history.

Some 550 years in the past, the Ixal chose the forest of Tinolqa* as their homeland. The stories say they built their nests in its trees, and, spreading their wings to the wind, were able to soar among the branches. Even in this ancient time, the Ixal, feeling kinship with the creatures of the sky, revered Garuda as the Empress of Birds. During this age of prosperity the feathered beastmen flourished and multiplied, overflowing the borders of their territory. Their unchecked growth, however, angered the elementals, and the Ixal were cast out of the forest. The exiled birdmen, in search of a new place to roost, migrated en masse to the great canyon known as Xelphatol.

But the trials of the Ixal did not end with the loss of their home. Inexplicably, the young that hatched in the land of Xelphatol were born without certain feathers they needed to catch the wind. As generations came and went, the Ixal lost their ability to fly completely. All that remained to them was an insatiable hunger for the sky. The birdmen's invention of the dirigible 150 years ago is most like the culmination of this tragic history and their undiminished yearning to fly.

This brings us to events of ten years past. Just as the Amalj'aa and the kobolds succeeded in summoning their gods, so too did the Ixal call forth the primal Garuda. Their motivation for doing so, hypothesizes Bowlord Lewin, was to regain the power of flight through the grace of the Empress of Birds. Yet no evidence has been found to suggest that the prayers of the birdmen have been answered. Quite the contrary, the unpredictable and violent Garuda has done naught but tear across the land like an untamed storm, relentless in her quest for blood. Perhaps the Ixal now, too, regret unleashing this unholy terror upon Eorzea.

Oliver Goodfellow

* The Twelveswood. The word “Tinolqa” means “Blessed Forest” in Ixali.

Oh, and this is for Madi:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:33 am 
Onionhead
Onionhead

"the great canyon known as Xelphatol" is that in Coerthas?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:39 am 
Easy Prey
Easy Prey

Patch notes are up on lodestone

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:28 am 
Onionhead
Onionhead

Aurum Vale and Cutters Cry can be entered with 4 people now

item for Garuda is vortex fletchings, similar to inferno lamp i believe
vortex headdress is similar to inferno totem, collect several for a reward
note: Vortex Totem is also an item. this may be like tapers? confusing.

you get an anima-boost if you contribute to hamlet defense on DoH or DoL
Gold Ore is now available at halitali mining nodes. nice.
And Darksteel ore is at dragonhead.
darksteel gear added. looks like this might replace Cobalt
in fact lots of new recipes that look like they'll be tough to pull off at 50 DoH
new rare items for quarry, harvest, spearfishing

free teleport to an inn of your choice

"New items that can be exchanged for primal oblations have been added" not sure what this means

The highly anticipated Paladin boost:
[dev1369] Adjustments have been made to the manner in which damage reduction from shields is calculated.
With this, it is now easier for blocks to take effect when fighting enemies of a level higher than your own.

The colored lights indicating synthesis status are now accompanied by log messages. (This should help botters, yay!)
Synthesis timer is gone

Characters now perform synthesis motions more quickly, and the waiting time between command inputs has been shortened. <------NICE
Elemental instability in synthesis is now limited to those of the crystals used in a given recipe. <--Shoulda been that way from the start.
The penalty for elemental instability has been unified to a halving of the progress gauge for the duration of instability. <--- what does this mean? bigger penalty? that sounds like it could be bad.
Hasty Hand: adequate skill guarantees success. <---Thank you.

Leatherworker level 36 skill, which someone said was trash, is now changed to this awesomeness: Clean Slate--Resets progress, quality, and material durability to beginning values.
In fact lots of the crafting skills look awesome now.
No more than five abilities can be used during synthesis. In the event that the number of abilities equipped exceeds this limit, five will be chosen at random.

Weapons now show DPS. Just like diablo 3.
Set bonuses are now available
I see a new axe: Rampager. omg
Avengers are now in game. Remember them from 11?

You can now buy items from any city's wards.
There is now a zone you enter to use the auction house.
You can also do a name-search for a player's retainer.

Fixed bug: An issue wherein the recast time for actions appeared to be a few seconds longer than in actuality. <--I definitely noticed this one.
An issue wherein certain actions remained grayed out and unusable even when the cooldown period had elapsed. <--that too

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:33 am 
Onionhead
Onionhead

Whisp wrote:
"the great canyon known as Xelphatol" is that in Coerthas?

This is the inaccessible zone north of Black Shroud

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:46 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

They fixed so many things with this patch, i'm very excited to check it out. Sucks I have to wait till tomorrow :(

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:04 pm 
Easy Prey
Easy Prey

Whisp...

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Avenger_(Weapon)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:24 pm 
Star-Spangled Subligar
Star-Spangled Subligar

Quote:
Just as the Amalj'aa and the kobolds succeeded in summoning their gods

who did the kabolds summon?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:27 pm 
Crumpet
Crumpet

Kobolds' god is Titan.

We were supposed to get Titan instead of Moogle but it was decided it was too close to the Japan earthquake disaster to add something to the game all about causing earthquakes. Instead of not adding content they did the Moogle battle instead.

Titan himself is already modelled and in the dat files. They'll go back to him eventually I guess.

EDIT:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:51 pm 
Star-Spangled Subligar
Star-Spangled Subligar

My guess was that it was titan.

Board index » Official Lodestone News & Announcements