It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:21 am View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » Official Lodestone News & Announcements

Post subject: Relic Weapon Revival (06/06/2012)
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:15 am 
Square Enix
Square Enix

Eorzea has witnessed a resurgence of the old ways in recent days, as adventurers the realm over take up the ancient trades of warrior and dragoon, bard and black mage, and more. Now, it is the traditional weaponry of these old mantles that are sought, the means of their making long since lost to the ages. It would seem this longing for things past and old is not limited merely to the schools of war and magic...

View all the details.

Post subject: Relic Weapon Revival (06/06/2012)
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:15 am 
Square Enix
Square Enix

Eorzea has witnessed a resurgence of the old ways in recent days, as adventurers the realm over take up the ancient trades of warrior and dragoon, bard and black mage, and more. Now, it is the traditional weaponry of these old mantles that are sought, the means of their making long since lost to the ages. It would seem this longing for things past and old is not limited merely to the schools of war and magic...
Relic Weapons
The reformation of Eorzea’s Grand Companies was born of a longing in the hearts of the free peoples of Eorzea—a longing for the days of old and the peace they knew. It is a sentiment that has since spread to the realm’s adventurers, guiding them toward the rediscovery of trades from a former age that had all but died out. Small wonder, then, that those who have mastered these ancient ways of battle and sorcery now seek the weapons of eld which will enable them to realize the truest expression of their newfound powers. Thus have adventurers begun their quest for the relics.

Obtaining Relic Weapons
Relic weapons are a category of arms designed specifically for a certain job. They are obtained via the “A Relic Reborn” quest, which can be undertaken as of the release of patch 1.22b*. Only players who have completed at least one of the job quests and obtained a soiled promissory note from the NPC Rowena in Ul’dah will be eligible for this quest. Once these conditions are met, “A Relic Reborn” can be started by speaking to the NPC Gerolt at the Hawthorne Hut, found within the Black Shroud.

“A Relic Reborn” is a repeatable quest. After completing it and obtaining a relic weapon, it may be begun again to obtain a different relic weapon. It is not possible, however, to progress towards two different relic weapons simultaneously. Should you wish to pursue a different relic weapon while “A Relic Reborn” is already underway, you must abandon the quest and begin anew. Epic challenges and hard work await those who undertake “A Relic Reborn,” so please choose the object of your desire carefully, lest you find yourself coveting your neighbor’s weapon!

* Though quest progression is possible as of version 1.22b, completion will not be possible until a future patch release.

Origins of the Relic Weapons
Curtana and the Holy Shield* (Paladin)

Long has the sacred sword Oathkeeper been bestowed upon the commander of the Sultansworn, vowed protectors of Ul’dah’s ruler. Yet it is not alone in its greatness. At the time of its making, three other swords were struck from the same ore and forged in the same fires. These brethren blades, Curtana among them, were then gifted to the three noble paladins by whose hand the brotherhood of the Sultansworn was founded.

* Curtana and the Holy Shield are a set, and are awarded together.

Sphairai (Monk)

The celebrated monk Ivon Coeurlfist passed his days in ascetic seclusion atop the mountains of Gyr Abania. It was there, legend tells, that he sought out coeurls with which to vie, in a bid to advance his training. In time, he came to incorporate the natural movements of the beasts into his fighting style, and in so doing established a legacy in the martial arts which has known no rival since. Ever at his side was his beloved Sphairai, a pair of deadly striking weapons shaped in the likeness of coeurl heads.

Bravura (Warrior)

Hidden deep amidst the mountains in the northern reaches of Abalathia’s Spine there once lay a village of stark warriors, among whom lived a line of blacksmiths bound by family and forge. It is said they used molten rock given forth from the bosom of Hydaelyn to heat iron fallen from the heavens, with which they forged axes bearing a tensility and edge unlike any other. This proud line of warrior smiths has long since died out, however, and with them all knowledge of how the great axe Bravura was made.

Gae Bolg (Dragoon)

There is a custom still observed in Ishgard today which ordains that the Holy See bestow a polearm dubbed Gae Bolg upon any lancer who ascends to the station of dragoon. Exactly how his weapon is forged remains a mystery, as the very few highland smiths who create them are sworn to keep their methods secret. All that is known is that the bones of dragons slain in the name of Halone are worked into both haft and head, achieving an unmatched balance between lightness and strength.

Artemis Bow (Bard)

Godsbow—a name of great honor given only to those most accomplished with that weapon. According to the annals, the first to win that title was Gilbert, a bard celebrated for his honeyed yet thunderous voice. He is credited with having fashioned the likeness of a lyre into a bow, forming an instrument of war he simply called “Artemis.” Upon Gilbert’s death, the weapon which loosed the arrows that killed countless Ixal and played their requiems both, was taken for safekeeping by the Gods’ Quiver of Gridania.

Thyrus (White Mage)

For generations, the staff known as Thyrus was passed down as an heirloom in House Cant, a proud lineage which yielded Gridania several Padjal, those chosen of the wood. Some decades ago, however, the then head of the House Cant, A-Towa-Cant, disappeared suddenly and inexplicably, and the legendary Thyrus along with him. To this very day, none know for certain what became of the Padjal, or his treasured weapon.

Stardust Rod (Black Mage)

All in the Order of Nald’thal know well the legend of Shatotto, a mighty thaumaturge from the fifth of Astral Eras. Her creation of destructive and catastrophic spells evoked as much fear as it did respect, prompting ignorant souls to call her unsavory names—Death’s Handmaiden, the Black Witch, and the She-Devil among them. She was also possessed of an otherworldly talent for crafting thaumaturgical staves. Among her creations, the Stardust Rods are by far the most powerful and coveted, believed as they are to be fashioned from the celestial remnants of a star Shatotto herself brought down to Hydaelyn and clove asunder.

Post subject: Re: Relic Weapon Revival (06/06/2012)
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:41 am 
Crumpet
Crumpet

If you havent been keeping up. The requirement item "Soiled Promissory Note" requires 25,000 grand company seals (you also need to be max rank) AND 3 low-droprate seals from the high level version of EACH of the three hamlet defenses.

A.k.a. kinda BS.

I don't mind doing lots of hamlet defense, but it needs 8 people which means some of you guys need to stop playing D3, lol.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:05 am 
Onionhead
Onionhead

I havent played D3 in half a week. I'd be up for farming seals.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:41 pm 
Too Weak
Too Weak

I'd like to whore hamlet. Haven't done it once yet.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:10 pm 
Onionhead
Onionhead

finally decided to log in and the servers are down all night

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:23 pm 
Easy Prey
Easy Prey

yeah i resubbed, to log in and see a server going down message :(

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:33 pm 
Crumpet
Crumpet

It's patch night, a rather big one considering it's just a "letter" patch. I think server downtime totals something like 6 hours. It's to add all the new AF weapons and stuff though.

Just gonna wait til tomorrow.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:13 am 
Onionhead
Onionhead

I have around 8500 seals now, still need plenty more.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:57 am 
Crumpet
Crumpet

Currently known Relic Weapon objectives:

Quote:
Step 1 - Earn 25,000 seals and buy the key item "On the Properties of Beastment"

Step 2 - Obtain Inferno Seal x3, Tremor Seal x3, Vortex Seal x3 from Rank 2 Hamlet (gold chest requiring 60K+ scores)

Step 3 - Talk to Rowena and Exchange for a Soiled Promissory Note

Step 4 - Go to Gerolt and start Quest "A Relic Reborn"

Step 5 - Gather HQ mats and craft or buy Class-Only Weapons (prefferably HQ)

Step 6 - Double meld the gear with 2 Teir IV Materia of a specific Type as follows:

PLD = Mailbreaker + ? (Most Likely +HP based on AF stats)
MNK = Avengers + Manathirst IV (+MP)
WAR = Rampager + Touch of Rage IV (Emnity)
DRG = Obelisk + Savage Might IV (Crit Attack)
BRD = Sarnga + Heaven's Eye IV (Accuracy)
WHM = Alkaurops + ? (Most likely Mind based on AF stats)
BLM = Astrolobe + Hell's Fist IV (Magic Potency)

Step 7 - Kill chief NM of one specified Stronghold.

PLD =
MNK = Flamefist in Zaha'rak
WAR =
DRG =
BRD =
WHM =
BLM =

Step 8 - Gather 3 Materials from 6th Chest available at end of AV and CC Run
Items: Miser's Mythril (Aurum Vale), Alumina Salts (Cutter's Cry)

Step 9 - ?

It's pretty damn intense as far as stuff to do goes. The first part is basically just grinding out Hamlet a bunch of times, no big.

The next part though requires you to obtain your class-only weapon. These are crafted weapons that are very difficult and expensive to make, because they can *only* be crafted using HQ materials, which much be HQed via crafting, not drops.

And then, once you have one of those (before patch they went for a couple million gil each btw), you must double-meld Tier IV materia onto it, which has about 18-20% success rate. So you might end up needing like 5 (or more) of the damn things.

I get that these weapons are meant to be long-term goals but jeez. Throwing materia meld luck into the mix just screws it up. You might end up blowing up 10 of the things before you finally get one.

All this for weapons that, while they have really nice stats, will probably just get outclassed the moment they raise the level cap anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:12 am 
Crumpet
Crumpet

And the weapon stats for those who are curious:

Curtana (Paladin)

Damage 119
Delay 2.9
DPS 41.03
Slashing 100%
HP+120
Accuracy+40
Healing Magic Potency+15
Chance to restore MP
Increases Spirits Within damage

Holy Shield (Paladin)

Block Rate 100
Block 138
Defense+25
Refresh+1

Bravura (Warrior)

Damage 179
Delay 4.3
DPS 41.62
Slashing 100%
Attack Power+30
Defense+15
Regen+5
Enmity+50
Reduces Vengeance recast

Sphairai (Monk)

Damage 143
Delay 3.4
DPS 42.05
Blunt 100%
MP+70
Evasion+30
Attack Power+60
Refresh+1
Increases Shoulder Tackle damage

Gae Bolg (Dragoon)

Damage 164
Delay 3.9
DPS 42.05
Piercing 100%
Accuracy+30
Critical Hit Rating+30
Critical Hit Attack Power+100
Store TP+30
Increases Jump damage

Artemis Bow (Bard)

Damage 116
Delay 4.1
DPS 41.95
Projectile 100%
Accuracy+40
Attack Power+15
Enmity-30
Increases song duration

Thyrus (White Mage)

Damage 74
Delay 4.3
DPS 17.20
Blunt 100%
Mind+60
Healing Magic Potency+30
Enhancement Magic Potency+5
Magic Accuracy+10
Refresh+1
Increases Holy damage

Stardust Rod (Black Mage)

Damage 74
Delay 4.3
DPS 17.20
Blunt 100%
Intelligence+45
Attack Magic Potency+30
Enfeebling Magic Potency+20
Magic Critical Hit Rating+35
Conserve MP+50
Increases Flare damage over time

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:27 am 
Onionhead
Onionhead

Does that mean I have to kill Garuda a few times? If so, count me out

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:45 am 
Crumpet
Crumpet

No, the seals (Inferno Seal x3, Tremor Seal x3, Vortex Seal x3) are all rewards from Hamlet Defense battles. They require 8 people to do them, but to my knowledge aren't anywhere near as hard as dungeons/primals. Better performace increases your score though which increases the drop rate of stuff.

In fact, of all the crazy stuff that list expects you to do, defeating any of the primals isn't one of them.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:41 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

I'm still bummed we gave up on Garuda before beating it... I wish we weren't always so far behind everybody else. /whine

The dual tier IV meld on those class specific weapons...that is going to be a nightmare lol. I can already picture those selling (easily) for 20+ mil in the wards.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:14 pm 
Onionhead
Onionhead

Then count me in. Just um.. post on the forums and schedule something a few days in advance and I'll definitely be there.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:00 pm 
Spammer, to the max!

Ketrebu wrote:
All this for weapons that, while they have really nice stats, will probably just get outclassed the moment they raise the level cap anyway.

they did say they will add quests later on to further upgrade af weapons to keep them current as new content/items get released. dont have a link but i remember reading in a dev post somewhere

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:44 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

I also read somewhere, the relic weapons can/will scale to your level when they increase the cap.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:02 pm 
Star-Spangled Subligar
Star-Spangled Subligar

Sounds pretty cool and I agree with Kluya, im sad we gave up on Garuda.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:28 pm 
Crumpet
Crumpet

I'm sad that people aren't logging in, because maybe we WOULD be doing it if people were online, lol.

We just did Castrum Novum (the new garlean stronghold) last night, was awesome. The cutscenes were great (the two Garlean Legatus are pretty awesome villians) and the battle at the end was pretty fun. Took us a few hours to get enough people online and then get everyone there though.

We've done Hamlet a couple times now too (gotta get started on those Relic Weapons) it's not like there's nobody online or anything, it just takes a lot longer than usual to get 8 people, since a lot of people simply don't log in any more once diablo came out.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:19 am 
Youre a Crappy HNM like Roc or something
Youre a Crappy HNM like Roc or something

I'm starting to get bored of diablo a bit, but honestly, this doesn't seem any better

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:25 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

I will start playing again sometime this week (maybe tonight). Finally moved and have internet. Just been busy unpacking.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:03 pm 
Easy Prey
Easy Prey

I've logged n everyday for the past 4 or 5 days now, wont be on tonight though have plans.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:47 pm 
Honey Muffin
Honey Muffin

I want a hamlet defense static group, it was fun

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:14 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

I've still never done hamlet omg

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:16 pm 
Crumpet
Crumpet

FYI: I didn't log on tonight thinking that the massive all-day account system maintenance was actually today and not tomorrow, oops.

Spent all night bored too, damn.

Board index » Official Lodestone News & Announcements