It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:27 am View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » Official Lodestone News & Announcements

Post subject: Letter from the Producer, XXXV (08/30/2012)
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:15 am 
Square Enix
Square Enix

FINAL FANTASY XIV fans the world round, the thirty-fifth Letter from the Producer has arrived for your viewing pleasure!

Pore over the complete letter.

Post subject: Re: Letter from the Producer, XXXV (08/30/2012)
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:24 am 
Crumpet
Crumpet

TL;DR Summary:

There will be a final maintenance on November 1st. This maintenance is when they'll make the final save of your character data for A Realm Reborn. Anything at all you do after this date (exp, crafting, loot, etc) will be lost.

The servers will be taken offline on November 11th. They are however considering leaving them up if people desparately want them to, but because no data will be saved this is simply to allow the community to still interact.

Alpha testing for A Realm Reborn starts soon but will be sign-up (and initially Japan) only. This is because the test servers will only be online on certain days while they are in the office to oversee it. People in the Alpha will have to sign an NDA (Non-Disclosure Agreement). There's no date for the Alpha other than "soon" -- it's likely the Alpha will be going on long before November 11th.

No specific date for Beta, he says "not until he's 100% happy" things are ready. If he starts Alpha soon though I imagine they intend to get it up around the same time servers go off. He doesn't really mention what Beta entails other than it's for "opening it to the big wide world" so I'm assuming that means "everyone gets in". I'd imagine by this point everyone's character data would have been transferred.

Oh and finally don't forget there's the Final Fantasy 25th Anniversary Event in the early hours of Saturday morning. There's supposed to be some FFXIV stuff there.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:42 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

It's nice to finally see dates. I didn't know about the event saturday morning. I'll check that out. I wonder what aother Final Fantasy info they will have. FF6 3DS remake please omg.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:19 pm 
Star-Spangled Subligar
Star-Spangled Subligar

Ug, im moving my brother tomorrow morning. Ill log in as soon as I can. Im curious to what it will be.

Board index » Official Lodestone News & Announcements