It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:17 pm View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » Official Lodestone News & Announcements

Post subject: Foundation Day Returneth! (09/11/2012)
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:03 pm 
Square Enix
Square Enix

Many may recall the Foundation Day celebrations a year ago which commemorated the revival of the Grand Companies of Eorzea. Though the current state of our nations is far from stable, the long-anticipated anniversary has arrived, and The Mythril Eye has prepared its latest musings on the merrymaking.

Read on to learn more.

Post subject: Foundation Day Returneth! (09/11/2012)
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:03 pm 
Square Enix
Square Enix

Never blinking and all-seeing, The Mythril Eye misses naught that transpires within the lustrous domain of coin. In today’s edition, senior editor Havak Alvak reports on this year’s Foundation Day and the troubling rumors surrounding the celebrations.

Whispers of War?
The Grand Companies of Eorzea are once again coordinating ceremonies to commemorate the creation of their allied army. Like the boisterous bacchanals of yesteryear, these Foundation Day festivities are scheduled to start simultaneously in the three city states. Organizers hope to rally public support for the soldiers and strengthen their fighting spirit.

However, ominous overtones overshadow this year’s plans. Recent reports indicate that the Immortal Flames are purchasing prodigious proportions of military materiel. In particular, perceptive people have spotted substantial shipments of spirits, supplies, and Gysahl greens, the prices of which have suddenly soared.

Speculation is spreading that the procurement of these provisions is preparation for a ferocious fight with Garlean forces. Furthermore, the Grand Companies are expected to relentlessly recruit and appeal to adventurers for assistance this anniversary.

In addition, our readers have no doubt noticed the fleets of flying warships floating in the Eorzean firmament. According to military commentator Osaku Ysaku, the movements of these mechanical monstrosities strongly suggest a massing of Garlean might at Mor Dhona. If this analysis is accurate, the armies of Eorzea and the Empire are both bracing for battle─that is, unless conflict has already covertly commenced.

Havak Alvak

Schedule
Thursday, September 13, 2012, at 1:00 a.m. (GMT).

During the event, officers from the three Grand Companies will be stationed at the following locations:

Officer Locations

Limsa Lominsa, Upper Decks

Gridania

Ul’dah, Merchant Strip

Post subject: Re: Foundation Day Returneth! (09/11/2012)
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:17 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

I made a solid 30k seals last night in about 3 hours. Farming atomos in groups is fun lol. I wanted to run fraps and take a video but was afraid i'd crash from all the people. There was atleast 50 people at bluefog and camp glory fighting it.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:17 am 
Youre a Crappy HNM like Roc or something

It is incredibly fucking laggy right now trying to do this. It's taking 10+ seconds for me to cast a single spell at bluefog. The teleport jam is just as bad, if not worse. Last night we were easily getting two Atomos kills a pop. Nearly impossible to pull that off with so many people and so much lag.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:20 am 
Spammer, to the max!

Hmm, I did it til like 1am est and it wasn't too bad

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:52 am 

I was there with you Ruby :p I stayed up until 4am doing it, and it got a little worse every time. Right now though, it is absolutely awful. I hit Holy and it goes off like 10 seconds later. I almost can't complete a single spell combo because it takes so long to cast.

Also, it seems like there's so many people starting at camps other than bluefog. By the time I teleport to any other camp Atomos is dead. Only one I still catch him up at is Revenants, but he trains through all those high level mobs, so I haven't seen him die there yet.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:28 am 
Even Match
Even Match

so came back for lunch... and like Cor says the lag is pretty damn awful right now... everlakes zone just crashed cause of it... so waiting to try to log in again... damnit, this event is too good to be true

10 seconds would be nice on casting.... i counted the time on a stone cast at bluefog and it was around 23 seconds or so before i saw the animation

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:15 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Shitty, was gonna log in at lunch and get more seals lol. Sounds like this event really is too good.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:53 pm 
Onionhead
Onionhead

I just turned in a Mogstaff for 3000 seals yesterday, since seals have been so hard to come by.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:44 pm 
Easy Prey
Easy Prey

The event is actually pretty fun. Nice to be able to do stuff like this without having to worry about claim and such. Went home at lunch and at Glory, it seemed like people were just standing there waiting for others to kill it. Took so long, and got so sloppy all raises were down and I died just as Atomos was taken down. By the time i returned/ported back, the stupid stone vanished. After that we went to Bluefog it was a lot quicker, some people got hung up porting but it was a lot easier than dealing with people that just stood there.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:01 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Yeah I like this event. I also logged in at lunch today. Bluefog seems to be the easiest. After that everybody splits off to Glory and Everlakes and it's a disaster...but still fun. The shitty thing is, like spy said, a lot of people just stand around and don't assist in killing it. It actually depopped @ 10% HP left just now at ever lakes because of that.

Whisp wrote:
I just turned in a Mogstaff for 3000 seals yesterday, since seals have been so hard to come by.

You didn't see us talking about all the GC seals it in LS chat? You were online the whole time we were doing the event.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:18 pm 
Crumpet
Crumpet

So, you get a crazy amount of seals from this, lol.

Can kill up to four Atomos per game day, which are 3000 seals each, so like 12000 seals per hour or so, plus extra seals you can get from crystals you have a chance of getting each time.

It'll suck to do once people get bored of the event and stop doing it, so spam those seals while you can. Time to go for the 500,000 seal achievement! (That's a lot of Dark Matter.)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:19 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

We might need that dark matter for future deaths!

btw I need to kill Buffalo to max my GC rank. I'm gonna bug people to do it tonight lol.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:13 am 

Apparently some people figured out you could buy Dawn Drops and NPC them at a rate of 250k gil per cluster. Because of this, SE went and nerfed it so you're not guaranteed a cluster.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:44 am 
Crumpet
Crumpet

Apparently the event was taken offline for a while, and now it's back and you no longer get clusters. You can still get crystals by luck from multiple examines on the Voidstone.

But after the first time you kill Atomos that Cluster is gone.

:(

Oh well I managed to snag like 70,000 seals.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:41 am 
Spammer, to the max!

Fuck, I was close to cap seals so I wasted 25k on a sword I'll never use just so Id have room for more seals. Oh well, this shit really was broken and needed fixing

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:16 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Yeah I got wasteful with my sealso also. I'm shocked it went on this long.

I kinda wish I took advantage of it more. I thought about staying up later last night but everybdoy logged. I probably got about 100k seals total from the event.

If they are still giving free anima that is nice! I've been spamming rank 40 locals in between, and blowing tons of anima to deliver them. Then regening back to 100.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:27 am 
Easy Prey
Easy Prey

Damn, I was hoping to get another night of seals. I wonder if people will still try for crystals, could still be pretty good if people move quickly.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:02 am 

Still seems pretty popular. Bluefog is lagged to fuck again this morning.

Board index » Official Lodestone News & Announcements