It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 5:46 pm View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » Final Fantasy XIV » Updates & News

Post subject: FFXIV: A Realm Reborn release date announced!
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 10:23 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

I just saw on facebook, the official release has been announced for both PC and PS3. August 27th.

This gives us 3 more months to enjoy our lives before being glued to the computer every night.

Post subject: Re: FFXIV: A Realm Reborn release date announced!
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 10:45 am 
Onionhead
Onionhead

Kluya wrote:
This gives us 3 more months to enjoy our lives before being glued to the computer every night.

lol yea, it's been kinda nice enjoying the real world for a while.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 11:15 am 
Crumpet
Crumpet

So much for announcing it at E3 and/or during that live producer letter.

That's pretty soon really when you think about it. We haven't even started up Phase 3 yet. Hopefully this bodes well.

Last time they announced FFXIV's release date it was still during Alpha, and we saw how that turned out.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 12:12 pm 
Crumpet
Crumpet

Tour Part 2:

EDIT: The PS3 framerate looks better than the last time they showed it. Doesn't look as smooth as the PC one though obviously. You can also see some of the new "long hair physics" working on one of the galka chicks if you pay attention.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 12:22 pm 
Crumpet
Crumpet

Collectors Edition also announced:

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/product/

They've previously said anybody who owned the original CE will automatically get any "digital" content bundled with the new CE. You'd obviously have to rebuy it for the "physical" things like art books and whatever though.

Pre-Order Bonuses:

- Early Access
- Cait Sith Doll Minion
- Mog Cap

CE bonuses:

- Exclusive Box
- Art Book
- Movie Disc ("Umbral Era" Movie)
- Helm of Light (FF1 Warrior of Light Helmet)
- Coeurl Mount
- Behemoth Barding (Chocobo Armor)
- Baby Behemoth Minion
- Soundtrack
- Art Cards
- Security Token

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 12:23 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

That video omg. I want to play so bad now. I can't say enough good things about how much this game has improved. I love how well they spruced up the camps. They actually seem like little retreats now. The water in La Noscea on the beaches...omg looks so good. The music, the zones, the new mobs, all of the cool decorations like dragon bones and dead goobues scattered throughout the zones. I love it all.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 12:24 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

I might double dip the new CE just to show some extra $$ support for all they've done.

Edit wow I just saw all thats included with preorder and CE. Doing that shit now.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 12:46 pm 
Crumpet
Crumpet

Release information from lodestone regarding existing players:

http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl ... 5bd8e176d9

Quote:
Players who have version 1.0 will not need to purchase FFXIV: ARR to continue playing on the PC. However, version 1.0 owners that wish to play the PlayStation 3 version will need to purchase a copy for the PlayStation 3. There are a number of points that you should be aware of should you consider purchasing a new copy of FFXIV: ARR so please ensure that you read the following before making a pre-order or purchase.

Players Who Own FFXIV Version 1.0

Players who own FFXIV version 1.0 will not need to purchase the PC version of FFXIV: ARR and will be able to download the FFXIV: ARR software for free.

* Details on downloading the FFXIV: ARR software will be provided at a later date.

Furthermore, users who have version 1.0 registration codes that have not yet been registered will be able to register them and play FFXIV: ARR on PC at the start of the service.

Players Who Own the FFXIV version 1.0 Collector’s Edition

Players who own the FFXIV version 1.0 Collector’s Edition will receive the FFXIV: ARR Collector’s Edition in-game bonus items (Helm of Light, Baby Behemoth Minion, Behemoth Barding, and Coeurl Mount) for free. The in-game bonus items will be delivered via Moogle Letter when FFXIV: ARR launches.

* In the EU region, it has been confirmed that a number of FFXIV version 1.0 Collector’s Editions contained registration codes for the Standard Edition. Should you happen to not receive your FFXIV: ARR Collector’s Edition in-game bonus items when the game officially launches, please register the FFXIV version 1.0 Collector’s Edition “Onion Helm” in-game bonus item to your Square Enix Account. Your items will be sent once the registration has been confirmed.

Players Who Have Fulfilled the Requirements of the Legacy Campaign

Players who have fulfilled the requirements of the Legacy Campaign will be able to take part in early access and play before the official start of service.

Important Information for Customers Purchasing the PlayStation 3 Version

You will only be able to register one copy of FFXIV: A Realm Reborn for PlayStation 3 to a Sony Entertainment Network account. It is not possible to register or play two or more copies of the PS3 version on the same account even if you purchase additional software. Please note that only one Sony Entertainment Network account can be linked to a Square Enix Account.

Logging into the Same Account on both Windows and PlayStation 3

Customers who own a copy of FFXIV version 1.0 and wish to use their account on the PlayStation 3 version will need to purchase a copy of the PlayStation 3 version. It will then be possible to use your characters on either platform by tying your existing service account to the PlayStation 3 version upon launching it for the first time. However, please note that your account will only be able to log into one platform at a time.

Collector's Edition Digital Upgrade Service

The Collector's Edition digital upgrade offers customers the ability to upgrade their standard FFXIV account to Collector's Edition status via the “FFXIV Service Center” website that is scheduled to be opened at the launch of official service, which then grants the in-game bonus items included with the Collector's Edition. Customers in possession of the Collector's Edition for either version 1.0 or A Realm Reborn will receive these Collector's Edition items without needing to purchase the upgrade.

* Characters that have already been created will be able to receive the items.

Playing with Multiple Characters at the Same Time

Click here for details.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 1:08 pm 
Crumpet
Crumpet

LOOK WHAT I SPOTTED. (5:53)

lfg kuftal tunnel plz invite

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 1:11 pm 
Spammer, to the max!

video was awesome, can't wait to see the other areas of the game in person

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 4:07 pm 
Star-Spangled Subligar
Star-Spangled Subligar

Kluya wrote:
That video omg. I want to play so bad now. I can't say enough good things about how much this game has improved. I love how well they spruced up the camps. They actually seem like little retreats now. The water in La Noscea on the beaches...omg looks so good. The music, the zones, the new mobs, all of the cool decorations like dragon bones and dead goobues scattered throughout the zones. I love it all.

Im not sure what to do...

On the one hand I want the CE version for my collection, but I'm basically throwing away my money since I already have 1.0 CE. Then if I do, should I get the PC CE version or PS3 CE?

Anyway, SE is doing it right by offering the "Digital Upgrade" to CE. This is something Blizzard started doing during the last two expansion packs. The rewards also apply to already existing characters. I wonder if this means I can finally get the items from the 1.0 CE that I missed out on because I didnt register the codes first.

Things are looking much better now than at the same stage of the FFXIV 1.0 development cycle.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 4:41 pm 
Crumpet
Crumpet

If you're desperate for any of the physical CE stuff, the most logical thing to do is buy the PS3 CE. You'll get all of the CE stuff that will attach to your account, and you'll also get the PS3 account code that will allow your account to log in via a PS3, should you wish to down the line (might want to leave it running on a tv/ps3 so you can use your PC for something else).

It sounded like they have a way of automatically telling whether your original copy of the game was the collector's edition or not based on your product key. But it mentioned something about checking whether your account has the Onion Helm tied to it (which came with the CE). It said if you hadn't attached it to your account, you could do so now (later) and the game would mail you all the new 2.0 items as well as the old 1.0 CE stuff too.

EDIT: FYI. It's been confirmed that unlike all the other Collector's Edition bonuses, the Cait Sith and Moogle Cap are pre-order bonuses only. You have to pre-order a new copy of the game (like the PS3 version as mentioned above) to get them. The early access is given to automatically to Legacy holders as well as pre-orders. All the other bonus items are Collector's Edition stuff and you get it for free if you already own CE as previously mentioned.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 4:53 pm 
Easy Prey
Easy Prey

Wow awesome game looks amazing I am dying for an MMO to play right now glad this is after my 6 year anniversary more play time for me muahah.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 7:01 pm 
Even Match
Even Match

That video does look awesome... holy shit. I'm going to pre order the CE again. I really don't like how the video looked for PS3... and I was thinking of getting a copy for PS3, especially since I have 2 PC accounts... but... I have 3 PC's here... hmmmm

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 8:04 pm 
Decent Challenge
Decent Challenge

PC Master Race. I'm not one to focus on graphics, but PC vs PS3 is like looking up a high-school sweetheart 30-years later on Facebook

Pre-ordered regular version. I can't imagine buying CE for something that is on such shaky ground.

Off-Topic: Any chance my name can be changed to "Monstercloud" by either Ket or Yarr, or would I need to make a new account? This is such an awful name now.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 9:36 pm 
Spammer, to the max!

Monstercloud wrote:
Off-Topic: Any chance my name can be changed to "Monstercloud" by either Ket or Yarr, or would I need to make a new account? This is such an awful name now.

done irl =p

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 10:04 pm 
Decent Challenge
Decent Challenge

Kayne wrote:
Monstercloud wrote:

done irl =p

Forgot you were a mod too. Thanks sir.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 8:12 am 
Crumpet
Crumpet

Should of changed it to xXxMonsterCloudSephiroth420xXx.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 8:38 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

k...

Pretty happy about how Falafelalafell look in WHM armor. Also, pretty stoked to see a FF14 of the Sanctuary of Zi'tah area. I always thought that was one of the prettiest zones in the original US release of FF11 (Up through Zilart expansion, I guess, since we got that by default).

The world definitely looks way better than in version 1. Much more variety, which is great.

I went ahead and pre-ordered the PS3 CE version. That brings my number of CE's to 3. Two v1.0 PC CE's and now the PS3 one. haha.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 9:06 am 
Meat Miq'abob
Meat Miq'abob

meeeehhh i want the preorder item.....

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 10:33 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Do we need to preorder through them to get the preorder bonuses, or can we do it through retail stores and get them?

Also so glad that crab is there, it's almost comforting. Spent so much time wailing on them in Vana'diel that I was a little sad to not see them in Eorzea.

Ponuh wrote:
i love how half of this thread is about racism in america and the other half is pictures of kittens

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 12:22 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

That's my understanding, Dmitry. I wanted a PS3 copy, anyway, so it's not a huge deal.

Also, I really like the beefier crab models that 14 introduced. Having them there with the smaller guys will be pretty cool.

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 7:45 am 
Crumpet
Crumpet

I caved and ordered the PS3 Collector's Edition. I got a "pre-order bonuses" activation code, but the site it takes you to says it's not available yet.

It's been heavily hinted that once the PC/PS3 version launch is out of the way, they'll work on a PS4 version. I reckon that not only is this likely, they'll probably also give it out for free if you own the PS3 version:

- PS4 architecture is very PC like and x86 based. Porting from PC shouldn't be anywhere near as much hassle.
- PS4 has no backwards compatibility. This means somebody who buys a PS4 can't play PS3 games. You could leave the PS3 plugged in and/or plug it in whenever you want to use it, but I reckon your average person won't do this; once they upgrade they'll move on.
- What's somebody who cant play FFXIV anymore (or being a hassle to do so) going to do? Unsubscribe. Obviously SE doesn't want that.
- So it's in SE's best interest to give existing PS3 owners a PS4 download version if they upgrade to PS4. People are already paying their subscription, so they don't lose any money by doing so.

It's been confirmed that a PS Vita can play all PS4 games (that don't require move controller or ps camera) remotely. So owning the console version will eventually equal handheld MMO goodness.

Going to use PS3/4/Vita to be logged in when I want to use my PC for playing other games. Though I'm also hoping that the phone app that's coming allows people to talk on linkshell chat without being in-game. That'd be awesome.

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 2:54 pm 
Easy Prey
Easy Prey

I am going to get the CE even though I have the game SE just to support them as much as I can. I love that they added crabs! loved those things but not so much due to ranger having piercing attacks.

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 3:35 pm 
Even Match
Even Match

will original CE get early access as well, or just legacy peeps and Pre orders?

Board index » Final Fantasy XIV » Updates & News