It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 9:38 am View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » Final Fantasy XIV » Updates & News

Post subject: Re: FFXIV: A Realm Reborn release date announced!
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 5:04 pm 
Crumpet
Crumpet

Dustdevil wrote:
will original CE get early access as well, or just legacy peeps and Pre orders?

Just legacy and pre-orders. The early access is the only benefit legacy people are getting, they don't get anything else automatically (except the previously announced legacy bonuses; reduced sub fee, exclusive chocobo, name in credits, etc). The CE stuff you get by having either the old or new CE, and the pre-order stuff you get by pre-ordering.

To re-iterate, except the early access which legacy people get, the only way to get the pre-order stuff is to pre-order a copy of the game, even if you already own it. If anybody here wants the Mog Cap or Cait Sith, the most logical thing to do is pre-order the PS3 version, because you need to buy the PS3 version to play on PS3, and buying the PC version a second time doesn't make as much sense.

Early access is kind of a necessary evil. It not only makes the developer some easy money (plenty of people willing to put money forward to get a headstart) but it ensures that the servers don't get completely bum-rushed on launch day, because people starting the game will be a little more spread out.

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 6:18 pm 
Meat Miq'abob
Meat Miq'abob

has anybody pre-ordered it from amazon yet?

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 2:37 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

I believe the original CE people will also get early access.

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 3:00 pm 
Even Match
Even Match

I pre-ordered the PS3 CE from Amazon. It says it ships on the release date, so I guess SE is controlling that. Usually you can receive your games on the release date. Anyways, doesn't really matter since I have the other access and all; I just think it's a dumb move by SE.

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 3:08 pm 
Honey Muffin
Honey Muffin

I don't even see the CE on Amazon. But I thought Prime members always get same day delivery for preordered games. You could always do the free trial of Prime if you're not already a member.

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 3:35 pm 
Crumpet
Crumpet

Krellis wrote:
I pre-ordered the PS3 CE from Amazon. It says it ships on the release date, so I guess SE is controlling that. Usually you can receive your games on the release date. Anyways, doesn't really matter since I have the other access and all; I just think it's a dumb move by SE.

You're supposed to get a code for your items and early access when you pre-order. I believe it's only when people actually pay for it though, as I'll explain below. I already got sent mine, but only once I chose to pre-pay it. The website to redeem it isn't up yet though.

Unless they intend to ship you the game a week early too, the pre-order code most likely lets you download the game.

I've heard some places aren't sending out the codes right away, most likely because of the most recent practice of people pre-ordering games to get their freebies and then cancelling their pre-order. If the "freebies" includes a code to download the whole game, they can't have people just cancelling their pre-orders and getting the game for free.

I believe this is why ordering from the SE store takes your money right away, much to many people's dismay. Places like Amazon that only take your money once they ship your game are probably having quite some bother getting around this. I've heard of at least one store here in the UK (Zavvi) that gets around it by simply not offering the pre-order bonuses at all! (Confirmed by support e-mail)

So make sure you read the description to make sure you're getting what you think you're getting.

Kioko wrote:
I don't even see the CE on Amazon.

I've heard the PC Collector's Edition is available only on the SE store in the US. I don't know why the PS3 one is available elsewhere but not the PC one, or why only in the US.

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 3:44 pm 
Honey Muffin
Honey Muffin

My experience with Amazon and bonus codes has been sporadic. I've gotten them anywhere between a month ahead to two weeks after the game released. I think it just all matters upon when they are given the codes to distribute. You get an email from Amazon with the code contained within. They usually don't ship the product early, unless you get same day delivery, in which case they ship it only early enough that it arrives on time but not sooner.

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 3:59 pm 
Meat Miq'abob
Meat Miq'abob

Kioko wrote:
I don't even see the CE on Amazon. But I thought Prime members always get same day delivery for preordered games. You could always do the free trial of Prime if you're not already a member.

I'm a prime member... im not getting animal crossing new leaf on the same day :/ so i dunno about ps3 collectors edition. I did pre-order it from amazon, so i guess its fine cause i got my old CE edition i can use to play the game early.

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 10:51 am 
Meat Miq'abob
Meat Miq'abob

Ketrebu wrote:
Should of changed it to xXxMonsterCloudSephiroth420xXx.

just saw this and it reminded me of this post lol.

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 7:02 pm 
Crumpet
Crumpet

Chiming in here with some important information.

** It is NOT possible to buy the PC Collector's Edition and link it to an existing PC 1.0 account. **

Basically, the new 2.0 Collector's Edition is a full product code, and not a feature code used to tie things to an existing account (like bonus items). If you already own 1.0, then you already have an FFXIV 2.0 product code, and can't assign the new code to the old account.

Remember, you already get the collector's edition stuff if you own 1.0's collectors edition. This is mainly for people who either didn't have collectors edition, or wanted it for the pre-order bonuses. In either of these cases:

1) Use the "Collector's edition upgrade" service. They're letting people who own 1.0 Standard upgrade to 2.0 Collector's digitally for something like $20. Do this instead of buying the game again.

2) Buy the PS3 version. The PS3 version is a separate product code that can be attached to the same service account (to give it PS3 access).

Just don't buy a second copy of the PC version. It won't work.

Source:

Code:
http://forum.square-enix.com/ARR-Test/threads/34392-FINAL-FANTASY-XIV-A-Realm-Reborn-Purchase-Questions?p=601978&viewfull=1#post601978

I might make a thread later outlining all the crap you got with each version and how to get the stuff you don't have.

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 10:52 am 
Meat Miq'abob
Meat Miq'abob

glad i decided to get the collectors edition back in the day.

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 8:12 pm 
Meat Miq'abob
Meat Miq'abob

Good news, today i got my promotional code for my amazon pre-order.

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 8:20 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

I was just going to post and say that. I also got my amazon promo code.

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 8:40 am 
Even Match
Even Match

do amazon pre orders arrive on release date or ship on release date?

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 8:52 am 
Meat Miq'abob
Meat Miq'abob

Dustdevil wrote:
do amazon pre orders arrive on release date or ship on release date?

Not sure, I've never ordered games from them till lately. I will know on June 9 since I did pre-order some other games.

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 9:13 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

I really wish my memory was better, because I ended up order two copies of the v1.0 CE. I did one via Amazon at first, and then i got worried, so I ordered one from Gamestop.

I want to say that I got mine delivered by amazon either the same day, or the next day. I think I have heard stories where Amazon will ship ahead of schedule, so that it arrives on the release day, but don't quote me on that.

This time around, it doesn't really matter, simply because I'm doing it purely for the pre-order bonuses and the swag that comes with the CE this time around. The v1.0 CE stuff was pretty damned lame.

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 9:22 am 
Meat Miq'abob
Meat Miq'abob

Ridere wrote:
I really wish my memory was better, because I ended up order two copies of the v1.0 CE. I did one via Amazon at first, and then i got worried, so I ordered one from Gamestop.

I want to say that I got mine delivered by amazon either the same day, or the next day. I think I have heard stories where Amazon will ship ahead of schedule, so that it arrives on the release day, but don't quote me on that.

This time around, it doesn't really matter, simply because I'm doing it purely for the pre-order bonuses and the swag that comes with the CE this time around. The v1.0 CE stuff was pretty damned lame.

I like the journal that you got with it. I like it so much that i'm afraid to write in it lol. I should start using it to carry notes around... but like i said im afraid to write in it cause its so nice.

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 10:17 am 
Honey Muffin
Honey Muffin

haha i did the same thing. i ordered from amazon then got worried it wouldnt deliver until late, so i got up first thing launch day and bought it from gamestop. ended up returning the amazon one to gs after inreceived it (sorry gs). the guy doing the return said they sold 4 copies and 2 of which not including mine was already returned to them at the time. >.> at lesst this time around with digital distribution that wont be the case. also all thr gamestop stores in the area are long since closed so i couldnt even if i wanted to.

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 5:10 pm 
Crumpet
Crumpet

In off-topic news, because I can't be bothered to make a new thread, SE have updated the official site with all the crafters and gatherers, along with pictures of all their "AF".

It also says that Armorer isn't tied to the Blacksmith guild anymore.

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 6:20 pm 
Devourer of Souls~
Devourer of Souls~

I don't normally gush... but man that Alchemist is super frickin' cute.

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 6:54 pm 
Easy Prey
Easy Prey

Having a hard time trying to pick a profession might just go with the universal ones like Cooking and Alchemy.

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 7:43 pm 
Honey Muffin
Honey Muffin

Botinist looks like a lawn gnome =_=

Overall love all the AF looks awesome and I can't wait to wear 'em!

ps: I think most of the characters modeled are wearing new hair styles.

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 10:18 pm 
Meat Miq'abob
Meat Miq'abob

ridere's lalafel needs a sweet mustache like that blacksmith.

also AF armor for cook is the TITS!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:55 am 
Incredibly Tough!
Incredibly Tough!

If the crafts are not tied to each other anymore I'll definitely be lvling Alchemy, that AF is badass lol

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:41 pm 
Onionhead
Onionhead

by the end of V1.0 if you had all the crafts leveled, you could equip abilities that almost guaranteed HQ

Board index » Final Fantasy XIV » Updates & News