It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 6:10 pm View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » Final Fantasy XIV » Updates & News

Post subject: Re: A Realm Reborn - Bonus Item & Account FAQ
PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:24 am 
Crumpet
Crumpet

Yarr wrote:
ok so correct me if im wrong, but the best option for me would be the PS3 CE, right? I have the 1.0 CE anyway, but i want the preorder item and the PS3 access.

PS3 CE if you want any of the physical collectors items (soundtrack, artbook, whatever).

If you don't, just get the PS3 standard edition. You get the digital collectors edition items automatically by owning the 1.0 CE.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:28 am 
Spammer, to the max!

So for me if i want everything (including physical items)i guess i need pc ce preorder and then also have to do the ce upgrade on my legacy account. Se sure did this pretty fucking backwards for 1.0 players.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:59 am 
Crumpet
Crumpet

Rubyxiii wrote:
So for me if i want everything (including physical items)i guess i need pc ce preorder and then also have to do the ce upgrade on my legacy account. Se sure did this pretty fucking backwards for 1.0 players.

Is your original 1.0 not Collectors?

I've read assigning 2.0 PS3 Collectors to a non-Collectors PC 1.0 account upgrades it to collectors rather than doing the "upgrade" thing, but then you have the PS3 problem again.

Really, the majority of this mess is caused by the fact there's no way to get the pre-order items outside of buying the game again. They should have just had a way for 1.0 people to get the pre-order items (have another "upgrade" package or something) and most wouldn't be an issue.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:03 am 
Spammer, to the max!

Yeah my original box wasn't ce, and yeah no ps3. I kinda want the physical items so it's not so bad for me to preorder a ce, but it's just a kick in the nuts to have to also upgrade my old account to digital ce if i already fucking bought a ce lol

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:05 am 
Crumpet
Crumpet

If you don't have collectors, but want collectors, but also want pre-order bonus, but can't buy PS3, then I think your course of action is to buy:

A Realm Reborn PC (NOT collectors edition)
A Realm Reborn Collectors Digital Upgrade

You'll get the Mog Cap from the pre-order code with PC box. But you can't link the actual product code to your account, so there's no point getting the collectors version of it. Instead, you'd have to get the collectors digital upgrade package, which will upgrade your old 1.0 account to a 2.0 CE.

I'm not sure if the digital upgrade package is actually a thing you can get yet. I think it might be an option that appears at launch. It's a paid account upgrade after all, not a product you buy.

You'll end up with a spare PC product code you can either make a dual box account out of, or give away to somebody else.

EDIT: Oh, sorry, if you want the physical items then yeah you'd have to buy a CE. At least the PC CE is cheaper than the PS3 one.

EDIT2: The alternative is to buy part of somebody elses copy of the game, who doesn't care for the items. Keep the physical collectors stuff and the pre-order code, but give them the product code.

i.e. Other person is buying PC version, doesn't care for CE or pre-order. You buy PC CE for them, and "sell" them the code for the cost of the game minus the cost of the CE stuff. Or something. "Other person" could be a girlfriend/wife/a buddy or something.

EDIT3: You'd still need to buy the digital upgrade package too. Sorry I don't have the prices to hand but it'd be like: buy PC CE for $60, "sell" product code to friend for $40 (cost of non-CE), use $20 for collectors upgrade.

Board index » Final Fantasy XIV » Updates & News