It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 1:13 pm View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » Final Fantasy XIV » Updates & News

Post subject: Upcoming Hotfix
PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:22 am 
Crumpet
Crumpet

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/thre ... ost1410856

Quote:
Greetings!

As we mentioned recently, we will be performing a hot fix next week where we will be performing adjustments and addressing various things. While the specific details will be announced separately, I would like to give you an overview of what will be done ahead of time.

• Changes will be made to the way equipment is bound.
• Introducing additional servers and enhancements to act as a countermeasure against the congestion to enter "Amdapor Keep."
• The difficulty for level 50 dungeons will be adjusted.
• The number of areas where you can acquire Allagan Tomestones of Philosophy and Mythology will be increased as well as the amount you can acquire.
• Implementation of a population cap for each field.
• Adjustments to the spawn rate of monsters that drop diremite web and additional locations where Karakul can be found.
• The amount of experience points that can be acquired on botanist and miner, as well the experience points that can be acquired from their fieldcraft leves, will be increased.
• User interface elements related to materia and target information will be adjusted.

In addition to the above adjustments we will also be fixing a number of bugs.

Post subject: Re: Upcoming Hotfix
PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:50 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Man, that's awesome news all around.

More places to get Myth, as well as more Myth per week. And then the DoL buff. Much needed.

Also sounds like they're trying to make it so Bahamut/Odin won't crash the server anymore. haha.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:58 am 
Crumpet
Crumpet

Speculation time since I'm bored.

Quote:
• Changes will be made to the way equipment is bound.

I wasn't aware of anything wrong with gear binding. Right now the gear gets bound to you once you earn exp (even if that exp is 0) -- so basically it happens when a mob dies. Is there a problem with that? Or are they referring the actual binding of gear in general. Who knows.

Quote:
• Introducing additional servers and enhancements to act as a countermeasure against the congestion to enter "Amdapor Keep."

More Amdapor Keep servers finally. Though I still reckon the instance servers shouldn't be dedicated to specific zones, because that's stupid. I'd rather have an extra 15-30 seconds on the queue time while a free instance server loads the zone, than be stuck waiting an hour because too many people want the same instance.

Quote:
• The difficulty for level 50 dungeons will be adjusted.
• The number of areas where you can acquire Allagan Tomestones of Philosophy and Mythology will be increased as well as the amount you can acquire.

This sounds like they're going to make Wanderer's Palace give as many Philosophy/Mythology stones as Amdapor Keep, and probably adjust the difficulty so they're similar, so people don't all pile on the easier/quicker one.

The wording also seems to imply that it will overall increase, so I think they'll bump up the total on Amdapor Keep and Wanderer's Palace and leave Castrum Meridianum and The Praetorium with less. Keep people from speed running the "story" zones.

Quote:
• Implementation of a population cap for each field.

Odin/Behemoth "Fix". Prevent the entire server teleporting into the zone at once. Sucks but it at least stops the server/zone crashing, so I approve as a temporary fix.

Quote:
• Adjustments to the spawn rate of monsters that drop diremite web and additional locations where Karakul can be found.

Sell your Fleece now.

Quote:
• The amount of experience points that can be acquired on botanist and miner, as well the experience points that can be acquired from their fieldcraft leves, will be increased.

GG gatherers. Congrats people who didn't level them yet.

Quote:
• User interface elements related to materia and target information will be adjusted.

Not sure why these are lumped together because they seem separate, so they're probably both minor. Maybe they're going to make it easier to see what the item stat caps are? That seems kind of unnecessary though.

Target information is likely referring to the party frame status bar debuffs. I recall people talking about this. Basically, there are some debuffs that have "low priority" and don't force themselves into the "visible 5" so you can easily tell your party members have it. I think "Disease" is one, might be some more.

Oh they might also be fixing the Focus Target bar so you can actually read the ability a mob is using.

Quote:
In addition to the above adjustments we will also be fixing a number of bugs.

Bugs and stuff. Could be anything. Usually random text errors. Bets on them finally fixing "The Howing Eye (Hard)"?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:04 am 
Devourer of Souls~
Devourer of Souls~

I would assume the spirit binding thing is directed at either ilvl 70 crafted spirit bonding or @ CM runs where people wear crafting/gathering gear for spirit bonding. In the former case they'll likely make it spirit bond outside of coil, and in the later case probably make it take crafting/gathering xp to bind.

Last edited by Vurin on Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:06 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Ket, maybe the spirit bonding thing has to do with the fact that you can use the two start crafted gear without having it bind to you all the way up to Titan HM. Once your'e in Coil, the stuff binds to you, I believe. I know the fancy staves the Ero were making for WHMs weren't actually being bound to people. I never knew if that was intentional, or not.

I also heard rumors that they're going to adjust debuffs so that the debuffs you place on a monster appear first in the list. I really hope this is true, as it'd help BRDs and SMN greatly.

I probably won't be selling my fleece. haha. More spawns would be nice, but diremite need more than just an increased spawn rate. We need more places to farm diremites, too, as I think there's just the one spot so far.

Really curious to see what they end up doing with Mythology. The 4 months of AK to get a job geared is pretty brutal.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:08 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Vurin wrote:
I would assume the spirit binding thing is directed at either ilvl 70 crafted spirit bonding or @ CM runs where people where crafting/gathering gear for spirit bonding. In the former case they'll likely make it spirit bond outside of coil, and in the later case probably make it take crafting/gathering xp to bind.

That's a good point, Vurin.

I guess I'll be running tons of CM this weekend, wearing crafting/gathering gear. The price of those materia will skyrocket, I think.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:11 am 
Crumpet
Crumpet

Vurin: Oh you think they mean spirit-binding rather than just gear binding, that makes sense.

Rid: Also possible. Sounds like gear bound when you earned spirit-bond, rather than when you got exp. Though with SE, I'm surprised they didn't just ban anybody with a two-star item instead.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:26 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

haha,

So I wonder if we should take bets on if they'll be changing the 300/week myth cap, or if their comments refer to just earned tomes in existing dungeons, not increasing the amount earned per week.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:22 am 
Crumpet
Crumpet

I really seriously doubt they'd increase the weekly cap, and not just because "lol SE don't do nice things", but because it would really hurt the game.

The game is already a bit end-game content starved until Patch 2.1 hits, and the 5-6 month lead-time on getting a full set of iLvl90 gear is the only thing stopping people from completely capping out on everything. You know how people are, if there was no cap on Mythology stones everybody would have ran Keep til their eyes bled and we'd all have a complete set of AF2 and Relic+1 now.

One way or another, access to content has to be gated or people WILL completely drain your game of all of it's content in no time at all. XI did it with dynamis lockout timers, long pop times (3-7 days on kings/wyrms), and long farming sessions for pop items.

XIV has chosen to just stick a weekly cap on it; do it whenever you want as long as you don't do it too much. Raising that cap before there's more content added to the game would break it.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:30 pm 
Onionhead
Onionhead

I guess I'll be spending the next week gathering high level nodes for profit, since by the end of the month everyone and their grandma will be 50 MIN & BOT.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:45 am 
Star-Spangled Subligar
Star-Spangled Subligar

It would be nice if the Primal battles dropped more Myth. I wouldn't mind doing Garuda and Titan more.

Board index » Final Fantasy XIV » Updates & News