It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:33 am View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » Final Fantasy XIV » Updates & News

Post subject: FFXIV PS4 Trailer
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:08 am 
Crumpet
Crumpet

Dat Remote Play.

Remember: PS3 owners upgrade to PS4 for free. However, you lose access to your PS3 version (not a problem for most people, I'd imagine).

The PS4 beta in Feb (22nd) will be on a separate (and later wiped) test server for the first week or two. It will then open up to log in with your normal characters. As I understand it (last I remember) the beta is open to anybody with a PS4.

If you want the PS4 version "for cheap", the best thing you can do is buy the PS3 version now (you can probably find it on clearance prices everywhere) and link it to your account (you need a PS3 to do this) and get the free PS4 upgrade.

Post subject: Re: FFXIV PS4 Trailer
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:02 am 
Crumpet
Crumpet

Quote:
Beta Info

• Phase 1: 22nd of February to 3rd of March
• Phase 2: 4th of April to 7th of April
• The Beta will be accessible for everyone with a PS4 and directly downloadable from the PS Store
• There will be a character wipe after Phase 1.
• Players who made their character in Beta phase 2 will be able to bring this data to the retail version.
• Players of the PS3 and PC version of FFXIV will be able to transfer character data to the PS4.

PS3 to PS4 transfer

• The transfer service is scheduled to begin Friday, 11th of April, 2014
• Please be aware that after transferring to the PS4 you will be unable to play the PS3 version using your existing copy.
• Users who wish to play using both the PS3 and PS4 are required to purchase the PS4 version separately.
• Users who possess multiple service accounts for the PS3 can transfer all accounts to the PS4.
• Users transferring their accounts will have access during the early access period, schedules from the 11th to the 13th of April

PS4 Features

• Upgraded graphics on the PS4 in glorious 1080p (see trailer).
• PS Vita Remote Play – craft, gather and play wherever you go.
• Share-support – Stream your gameplay or share screenshots.
• Mouse & Keyboard Support – Switching over from a PC? Or maybe you dislike controllers? No problem!
• Touchpad-Support – The touchpad of the Dualshock 4 controller is fully supported.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:38 am 
Honey Muffin
Honey Muffin

Will Directx support come with this beta?

Also, I wonder if the new dual shock's touchpad will work with the PC version.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:44 am 
Crumpet
Crumpet

Last I heard, word is that the DX11 stuff is coming a few months later.

EDIT: Remember, the PS4 can't actually use DirectX, it's a Microsoft thing. PS4 uses a high level of OpenGL that supports a similar set of features. It'll still take them time to port things.

EDIT2: The PS4 is not bound by the memory limitations of the PS3, and thus has access to practically every single feature of the PC version. Including mouse/keyboard support, full access to normal PC hotbars/sidebars/hotkeys, etc. I imagine the PS4 version is going to be quite useful for people without great PCs, or anybody who'd like to free up their PC for other things while staying logged in.

Looking pretty decent too, good old 1080p (click):

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:43 am 
Meat Miq'abob
Meat Miq'abob

the touchpad on the ps4 controller is an awesome feature for navigating through menus (one of my pet peeves on playing ffxi on ps2/xbox 360) also dat remote place. so tempted to get a ps4 as just a ffxiv machine lol.

Board index » Final Fantasy XIV » Updates & News