It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:23 am View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » Final Fantasy XIV » Updates & News

Post subject: Patch 2.16 Update Notes
PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:30 am 
Crumpet
Crumpet

While no new "content", this patch actually has quite a large amount of stuff:

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone ... 3f787720f1

Will update with any cool/important things a bit later.

EDIT: The Market Board is like, right outside our house. Awesome.

Post subject: Re: Patch 2.16 Update Notes
PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:58 am 
Crumpet
Crumpet

So, wait commands in macros work differently now and the patch notes do a terrible job of explaining it (their command is being treated like a browser tag).

If you're like me and had 4 annoyingly huge crafting macros like this:

Quote:
/ac "Inner Quiet" <me>
/wait 2
/ac "Steady Hand II" <me>
/wait 2
/ac "Waste Not" <me>
/wait 2
/ac "Hasty Touch" <me>
/wait 3

You can now do this:

Quote:
/ac "Inner Quiet" <me> <wait.2>
/ac "Steady Hand II" <me> <wait.2>
/ac "Waste Not" <me> <wait.2>
/ac "Hasty Touch" <me> <wait.3>

And fit it all into half as many macros.

Whatever they've changed has also fixed using marking in macros, so this now finally works properly:

Quote:
/p 3... <se.5>
/marking attack3 <me> <wait.1>
/p 2... <se.5>
/marking attack2 <me> <wait.1>
/p 1... <se.5>
/marking attack1 <me> <wait.1>
/marking off <me>
/p Go! <se.10>

You couldn't use markings on the same successive target, even if they were different marks, it would simply make the mark disappear. But now you can, so there you go.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:58 pm 
Meat Miq'abob
Meat Miq'abob

thanks reddit

Somewhat condensed, but this should help:

- Quests

•Alliance members will now be visible during the initial cutscene of the Labyrinth of the Ancients.
•Dhorme Chimera and Hydra from the quest "A Relic Reborn" can now be challenged via the Duty Finder.
•Players who have completed the quest "A Relic Reborn" can unlock these trials at the following locations: Dhorme Chimera: Coerthas Central Highlands - The Weeping Saint (X:31, Y:7) Hydra: Eastern Thanalan - Halatali (X:14, Y:30)

•Guildleves

•For battlecraft leves that require the collection of items, the guildleve icon will now be displayed on the minimap and next to the requested item's name plate.

-FATEs

•The FATE "Making Waves" has been relocated to Western La Noscea (X:11, Y:14).
- Free Companies

•The following features have been added to the free company interface: Activity Notices under ACTIVITY can be filtered using the following options: Entitlements/Membership/Organizational/Actions/Housing/Garden
•Gardening will be implemented in patch 2.2. The maximum number of activity notices displayed has been increased to 200. "Applications" has been added to Hierarchy Settings under RANK.
Several categories have been added to the Company Profile: By selecting Edit Profile under INFO, players can change the following Company Profile settings: Focus: Indicates the primary activities of your free company. Seeking: Indicates the class or job roles sought by your free company. Active: Indicates when your free company is most active. Recruitment: Indicates whether or not your free company is accepting applications.

Players unaffiliated with a free company can now submit an application to join another player's free company.

::Snip: Various Things about Applications and How to Click Menus::

- Housing

•Market boards and summoning bells have been added to the residential districts.

•The company chest furnishing placed inside an estate will now display your free company's crest. -Your free company crest will appear automatically upon setting a company chest inside your estate.-

•The confirmation prompt displayed when setting furnishings can now be turned off by unchecking the "Item Bind Prompt" box at the bottom of the Indoor Furnishings and Outdoor Furnishings windows.

•The moogle letter box furnishing will now light up when mail arrives.

•To prevent players from becoming stuck between furnishings, continued character movement will temporarily disable collision detection.

•Other player characters will no longer be displayed in certain event areas.

•Certain NPCs in Revenant's Toll have been relocated.

•A summoning bell has been placed in Revenant's Toll (X:22, Y:6).

-Battle System

•The period during which players are unaffected by curative magic after being revived has been reduced. The Sic and Obey pet commands can now be activated without a target present. Furthermore, pets will remain set to either command even when re-summoned.
•Upon logging out, pets will revert to Sic by default.

•When using the Sic or Obey commands while a pet is moving, queued actions will not be canceled if no other commands are given.

•Eos and Selene will now continue to follow their owners even when switching between the Sic and Obey commands.

•Eos and Selene can now use Embrace on non-party members when set to Obey.

•Summoner and Scholar are now counted as separate jobs when determining the speed at which the limit break gauge is filled.

•Players will now be revived automatically after exiting an instance while incapacitated.

•The respawn rate of enemies in the following areas has been adjusted: Western La Noscea - Halfstone Western La Noscea - Sapsa Spawning Grounds Outer La Noscea - Iron Lake Outer La Noscea - U'Ghamaro Mines

•The appearance of enemy action indicators has been changed. (Orange-ish Now)

-Items

•i55 Class Rings For ALL Classes Upon Various Achievements (Hunting Log, I Made That 3, etc).
•Chocobo Suit for Rank 10 Chocobo
•Paragon Gown (i55) for 3000 FATEs complete.

•Craftsmanship, control, and CP parameters now influence the success rate and HQ rate of Quick Synthesis.

•When using high quality material to craft an item, the next crafting attempt will not default to normal quality material.

•Closing the crafting log will default back to normal quality material.

•New gathering points requiring a high Gathering rating will be introduced in patch 2.2. In preparation for this change, actions can no longer be used to improve the gathering rate of items at 0%.

•Gathering rate will only reach 0% when accessing certain high-level gathering points with an extremely low Gathering rating.

•Players can now preview dyes before applying them to gear.

•The following subcommands are now available when targeting a minion: Dismiss/Emote/Mark/Focus Target

•The size of certain minions has been adjusted.

-System

•A ready check command has been implemented to confirm the status of party members before or during a duty.
•A ready check system will be abused by various people in DF groups to annoy the shit out of players.

•The following changes have been made to the Duty Finder: "A Relic Reborn: The Chimera" and "A Relic Reborn: The Hydra" have been added to the Duty Finder. A Clear Selection button has been added to the Duty Finder interface. Melee DPS and ranged DPS requirements for the Wolves' Den are now listed in the Duty Finder. The Add Member window which formerly displayed after a party member went offline will no longer appear. Please use the Vote Dismiss function to remove offline party members. In the event you do not meet the requirements for a duty, a detailed error message indicating unfulfilled requirements will now be displayed.

•The following features have been added to the Party Finder interface: Players can now refresh the list of recruiting parties using the Refresh Search Results button. Players can also receive periodic notifications.

•Wishlist feature added to market boards. (10 items max, lost on server resets)

•Mounts and Minions now have a Random options.

•Item sort improved.

•Colors changed on X's of unequippable items for the color-handicapped.

•Gear sets will now not be screwed when the weapon is removed / lost.

•Gear sets will now differentiate based on materia attached.

•Chocobo barding that cannot be equipped by your chocobo will now be grayed out.

•The arrangement of items in the armoire has been changed.

•Timeworn maps have been added to the Timers window under Duty on the Main Menu.

•The number of FATEs viewable on the Recommendations list has been increased.

•Players can now customize order of appearance for quests in the Duty List.

•Check the boxes beside quest names in the Journal to display them atop the Duty List. Up to five quests may be selected.

•Quest objective completion icons will now also appear in the Journal.

•The following features have been added to the Moogle Delivery Service: History. New Icons for GM/Support Letters.

•To prevent accidental use of the auto-run function using a gamepad or controller, auto-run can no longer be initiated when manipulating the camera with the right analog stick.

•An option to disable auto-run entirely has also been added.

•To better accommodate varying play styles using both gamepads and keyboards, the following configuration options have been added: round Targeting Settings Locked to Cursor Unlocked Players can now enable the cross hotbar when using mouse and keyboard controls. Players can now disable the pet hotbar when using mouse and keyboard controls (Windows version only).

•Waymarks have been added. Using waymarks, players can mark select areas on the field that can be seen by party and alliance members. Waymarks can be accessed under Social on the Main Menu.

•A waymark can be removed by using the same waymark at a different location, or by selecting Clear Waymarks.

•The following adjustments have been made to ground targeting for gamepads and controllers: When using a skill that requires ground targeting, your character will enter ground targeting mode, which will be indicated onscreen. When ground targeting is set to Locked to Cursor, the targeting circle will always appear at the cursor's default position. When ground targeting is set to Unlocked, the targeting circle can be freely controlled by pressing RB/R1+Left Stick. Cursor position will be saved until the game client is closed.

•When using signs to mark players, a message will now appear in the log window.

•In order to improve mouse targeting, the following adjustments have been made: The clickable target box for characters has been enlarged. An option to highlight potential targets has been added. To enable this feature, select "Highlight potential targets." on the Target tab under Control Settings in the Character Configuration interface.

•Target highlighting is disabled by default.

•Certain objects cannot be highlighted using this function.

•The focus target bar will now remain visible even when the indicated target is no longer on screen. Mounts will now affect the size of character target boxes, as well as their target rings.

•Pressing the Pause key will now turn your character's head toward the camera. Selecting a target or moving will cancel this function.

•Camera positioning when players are near walls has been adjusted.

•Players can now zoom out and achieve an overhead view when locked on to large targets.

•The online status New Adventurer has been added. To set your online status to New Adventurer, select your character in the Party Members tab of the Social interface, then choose Edit Search Info.

•The New Adventurer status can only used by characters with less than 20 hours of playtime and less than 80 achievement points.

•Online status will no longer be displayed for alliance members outside your party.

•The following changes have been made to the mouse mode Main Menu: Windows of the Main Menu will now open with a single click, even when a previous window is still open. Pressing cancel while viewing a window of the Main Menu will return the cursor to the previously selected Main Menu category. The Character interface will now remember the most recently viewed tab until the game client is closed.

•When a friend request is received, selecting the request notification will now display the friend registration confirmation window.

•Currently targeted treasure chests will be deselected upon opening the lot window.

•When interacting with event objects that require an additional hotbar, a sound will now play when the additional hotbar is activated.

•Hotbar macro icons will now display an additional marking to better distinguish between macros and actions.

•Font size settings will now affect text entered in the chat log window. When typing in Japanese, an icon will now be displayed on the chat log window indicating your current input mode.

•The /uireset command has been added. - Using this text command will revert the HUD layout to the default setting, and return all closed windows to default positions.

•More /macroicon stuff added.

•Players can now use this syntax in place of the /wait command:

/action Swiftcast <t> <wait.1>

/action Raise

•When the /action or /petaction commands are used and a target is not specified, macros will now function in the same way as regular actions.

•The following actions have been added to the Actions & Traits menu: Ready Check, Mount Roulette, Minion Roulette, Chat Roulette

•Various stuff added to menus (reflects mostly previously noted changes).

•Players can now see their breath in cold areas and get wet.

•Several cutscenes made skippable.

Resolved Issues

•The following existing issues have been addressed:
•An issue wherein the recast timer for additional skills reset when changing classes in town.
•An issue wherein damage from certain attacks affected the display of HP in the party member list.
•An issue wherein the stats displayed in pet action help text were affected by player parameters.
•An issue wherein a pet's actions were canceled if its battle stance was changed while moving.
•An issue wherein the skills Esuna and Leeches did not remove the effects of Wind Bite or Phantom Dart.
•An issue wherein enemies appeared before system information was displayed during certain battlecraft leves.
•An issue wherein spawning animations did not display for enemies during certain grand company leves.
•An issue wherein enemies did not receive the reduced HP effect when spawned during certain grand company leves.
•An issue wherein text did not appear on screen during certain grand company leves.
•An issue wherein details of the item initially selected in the Gear Set Viewer interface did not appear.
•An issue with the /marking text command wherein the Signs window would close when using an incorrect sign name or incorrect target.
•An issue wherein icons did not display correctly in the Duty List for Tradecraft leves.
•An issue wherein certain pet action icons did not display properly using the /macroicon text command.
•When using pet action icons, the pet name can be omitted from the text command. However, when multiple pets use the same action, such as Eos and Selene using Embrace, please specify the pet name to distinguish between multiple pets. (Example: /macroicon Embrace pet Selene)
•An issue wherein the help text for certain actions and status effects did not display properly.
Confirmed Bugs

•An issue wherein when an additional application to join the free company is sent while waiting for the approval to another free company, a message included in the application to both free companies will be deleted.
•An issue wherein the changes to the off hand under the armoury system, such as equipping a shield, will not be reflected to the preview for dyeing equipments.
•An issue wherein when the furnishings that are placed on the estate ground are painted directly from the furnishing window under the "Housing" menu and the window is re-opened, the color before the paint will be displayed on the color icon of the furnishings.
•An issue wherein the graphics of a certain character that appears in the cutscene of Hildibrand side story quest will be displayed incorrectly.
•An issue wherein the image format of the screenshot cannot be changed on the PlayStation®3 version of the game.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:59 pm 
Meat Miq'abob
Meat Miq'abob

yay Market boards and summoning bells have been added to the residential districts.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:59 pm 
Crumpet
Crumpet

tehkei wrote:
yay Market boards and summoning bells have been added to the residential districts.

They're like 5 seconds from our house, it's great.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:26 pm 
DL Hughley

Quote:
To prevent players from becoming stuck between furnishings, continued character movement will temporarily disable collision detection.

Yeah this won't require any emergency maintenance or anything. Also, new gathering nodes requiring high gathering, good thing I don't bother selling that shitty materia. Should have at least a few for my miner and botanist, however, I may have to blow up my current melds and make some more efficient sets.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:49 pm 
Onionhead
Onionhead

i dont like the new orange floor aoe indicators. it blends in with party skills like flaming arrow. i miss the red.

Board index » Final Fantasy XIV » Updates & News