It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:24 am View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » Final Fantasy XIV » Updates & News

Post subject: Patch 2.2 Screenshots / Info
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:25 pm 
Crumpet
Crumpet

Now featuring random green chicken and possible new race?

Source: http://www.novacrystallis.com/2014/03/n ... w-battles/

Quote:
Main Scenario
Long dormant forces stir,their awakening a presage of night eternal.Political unrest pervades the three city-states as the Scions of the Seventh Dawn leave behind their home in the Waking Sands. For the betterment of Eorzea, they have re-established themselves beyond the reach of those who would sway the Scions for personal gain. Yet despite the Scions’ best efforts, balance will not be restored to the realm so easily. Ever do the mysteries of the Echo and the Ascians elude them, while the beast tribes rally with renewed ambition, threatening to unleash the wrath of another primal upon the land. To stave off the encroaching darkness and pull the realm back from the brink of destruction, the Warriors of Light plunge headlong into the maelstrom…

New Character: Yugiri
Hailing from the nation of Doma on the shores of Othard, Yugiri and her countrymen have fled their war-torn home and the oppression of Garlean rule in search of refuge. With supplies and hopes for survival dwindling, Yugiri seeks council with Eorzea’s leaders, that they too may call this land their home.

Case of the Thieving Duelist
When we last saw Hildibrand─agent of enquiry, inspector extraordinaire─he had received a letter of challenge from a mysterious marauder known to duel his victims and claim their weapons as his own. What will this battle hold for Eorzea’s favorite detective? Who is this furtive fighter, and will he be brought to justice? The answers to all these questions and more can be found by joining Hildibrand and Nashu on their next case.

Gilgamesh Battle
In his never-ending quest for power and glory, Gilgamesh─self-styled warrior of legend and collector of fine weaponry─now roams the lands of Eorzea. When a series of events leads to confrontation with this formidable foe, you must prove your mettle or see your blade lost to his ever-growing collection.

Post subject: Re: Patch 2.2 Screenshots / Info
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:28 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

My money is on a Gilgamesh fate that I'll never be able to complete successfully, much like Odin!

I can't see the pics, 'cause I'm here at work, but hopefully they look neat.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:34 pm 
Honey Muffin
Honey Muffin

ill recap for you rid:
boobs
pew pew!
fish people
table
not-a-vera (its really a vera)
leviathan
leviathan
leviathan
nuclear chicken
nuclear chicken

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:41 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

I heard some rumors of Vera. That's interesting!

And I want a red chicken already.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:02 pm 
Crumpet
Crumpet

Pointed out by someone on Reddit: Thancred has two daggers equipped in that first picture. (He normally only carries a single dagger)

More foreshadowing?!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:19 pm 
Spammer, to the max!

It's also possible that he stabbed Minfilia in the left breast

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:42 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Could be foreshadowing. That's a lot of shadows, though. So far in the game, we have usable gunblades, we have musket-wielding npcs, dual wielding gladiators, true rangers, true bards.

This binding jobs to a certain weapon type really needs to go. It's such an annoying limitation, and it's only around because of the deep v1.0 roots. I want silly event weapons back, trick staves. I want fun items like Kraken Clubs.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:22 pm 
Easy Prey
Easy Prey

Ketrebu wrote:
Pointed out by someone on Reddit: Thancred has two daggers equipped in that first picture. (He normally only carries a single dagger)

More foreshadowing?!

Shit son Ninja much?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:00 am 
Honey Muffin
Honey Muffin

i agree rid, keeping the class system and the one weapon to rule them all design was really poor choice. The sad part is it was left in to cater to the 1.0 crowd which was relatively small...and even the majority of did not care for those things at all.
I really respect a lot of the things Yoshi has done with the game, but those are the two sticking points that I heavily disagree with him on.
It just feels so extremely limiting. Also we now have a bunch of classes that use mismatched weapons for what they are. A summoner and a scholar both using books, but not the same books. Bards using bows to sing with and the nonsense in that retrospect will only increase over time.

I also miss the dynamic of having situational weapons. Especially weapons having a type versus a mob weakness. Such as a blunt on bones. I know people hated having to lug around tons of gear for the situational dynamic that XI had, but I feel the alternative was crippling the jobs to fit in situational abilities. Like, you shouldn't have to make a whitemage also be a damage dealer. You shouldnt have had to completely change how blackmages have worked over all the decades of FF games simply because you need to give whitemage damage dealing spells. ETC.

Sorry I'm in a ranting mood this morning for some reason haha.

Nuclear chickens for the masses!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:00 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Yah, it's true, Kio. They can work around it, but it's going to be so silly how they have to circumvent such a stupid limitation simply for the fact they want to save face and keep it in the game.

If we want Ninja with Ninja weapons, at this point we basically need an entirely new class that uses Ninja swords, and then we'd need to have another job based off that that.

Sure, I guess we could have some sort of Scout class that can upgrade to Ninja or Thief, but then give Ninja their own new series of weapons that only they can equip. But then the T5 equivalent drop (in order to be usable by both classes and jobs) would have to be a dagger, and who really wants to be the dagger-wielding NIN?

I dunno... They just need to drop that system before we get too invested in new jobs and such for 14.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:08 am 
Honey Muffin
Honey Muffin

completely agree. i could see theif and ninja branching off from eachother and sharing some things in common, namely dual weilding. however, as you said, a ninja brandishing daggers or a theif using shinobigatanas is painfully awkward. i could somewhat forgive forcing a job to use only one weapon ever but making iconic classes use the wrong weapon (summoner using books as opposed to staves) is pulling away from the goal of making this a final fantasy game.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:12 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Not to mention that Daggers are currently gladiator weapons. So maybe the thief-specific weapon will be a set of Keys, or a lockpick, or something. :D

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:21 am 
Honey Muffin
Honey Muffin

lol how about a prision shank?
i wanted to add one more thing to my list of concerns, os that you spend many levels learning how to play your class only to unlock your job and have that rug pulled from under your feet. half your abilities are taken away, youre thrown a bunch of new ones with new game play style and no explanation how to change. your content is also mid level difficult so no baby steps there. it just feels extremely disorientating. i wish they made twice as many job quests to carefully explain your new role and job abilities rather than take the baby bird kicked from the ebst tecnique. especially seeing how many numerous tutorials are thrown at yiu for yiur starting class youll never ever use again...ever. ok anyho sorry im done being negative nancy haha. thanks for hearing me out :3

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:32 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Well, unless NIN ends up being a job based on gladiator or maurader, I'm pretty certain it won't be a tank job. So it'll probably end up just being DD.

Seeing as how pretty much all class abilities for both gladiatior and maurader are based around enmity generation, there's no way the 2nd job based upon those two sub classes won't be a tank. So that's already two more tanks there. I don't don't see them adding a 3rd class/job combo that would deal with tanking, but I could be wrong.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:51 pm 
Honey Muffin
Honey Muffin

well it doesnt have to. summoner and scholar are from the same branch but have two completely different roles. theres really no reason why a ninja branching off a a marauder couldnt be a melee only. really they could dump jobs off any branch, its just a matter of which cross class abilities they want to have available for it.
on a side note, i wonder if this game needs a third tank class. i hear many people groan that there are nit nearly enough tanks to go around. but would producing another option actually fill that void?
sorry for all the spelling and grammar mistakes, using cell phone. super bored at work haha.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:12 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

The SMN/SCH thing are different roles, sure, but they all have access to Miasma I/II, Bio I/II, Physik, Shadow Flare, and Bane! With the exception of Contagion/Garuda (And fester?), SCH and SMN both can be played pretty much identical to eachother on easy dungeon farming runs.

So then you think about all the Gladiator abilities that a non-tank would get. Flash, Rage of Halone combo. You basically can't use any of these without being damn well near the top of the Enmity list. So they'd have to completely retool how all those enmity-generation abilities work in order to tack on Dark Knight as a gladiator job. That, or you basically just don't use any of those abilities as a Dark Knight, and they have to double (or triple) the amount of abilities you unlock through Dark Knight 30+ levels/quests.

It's going to be interesting. Pairing Dark Knight to Gladiator does make a lot of sense. And then Beastmaster or Beserker to Maurader would also work. I guess they could just remove the enmity bonus if not on a tank job.

But my concern still remains that with the class/job branching system, the two jobs of any particular class will also seem to overlap way too much. SMN/SCH get away with it, simply because one is mainly healing. But if you're not doing end-game content, a SCH is probably just rocking Cleric Stance, anyway, and you basically just have two people DoTting mobs.

A PLD and DRK both rage of haloning monsters in a party seems kinda dumb. haha.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:25 pm 
Honey Muffin
Honey Muffin

yeah i get your point which is why i hate the class to job system so much. they basically wrote themselves into a corner now where they have to keep making up usless classes no one wants nor will use after a certain level point just to introduce the job they actually intended to be in the game. its just such a waste of developement time and resources. i wonder if theres any viable way for them to break away from this system for future jobs without upsetting the balance of ones we already have.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:43 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Yah, who knows! We'll have to see.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 2:30 am 
Onionhead
Onionhead

the idea of classes branching into jobs is kinda cool, like in seiken densetsu 3. they really could make a great system out of it. but they should re-work the skills so that each base class only has skills up to 30, and then specializes through their jobs from 30 to 50. that way you won't get nearly as much overlap.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:40 pm 
Decent Challenge
Decent Challenge

They very easily could just have the threat generation do something else under a stance or buff they give themselves. There are ways around it, I agree it's not the cleanest way to do things, but I like the class systems so far.

I really hope they do add a 3rd tank class, and I hope it's SAM. :)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:21 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Not sure if this link will work, but...

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone ... 51e70137f7

It looks like crafters/gatherers are getting a bit more information about the patch, including the ability to craft a Carbuncle Chair!

Crafting and Gathering Preview (03/18/2014)

• Today's patch 2.2 preview offers a look at the new challenges awaiting Eorzea's crafters and gatherers. New Crafting Recipes Patch 2.2 will introduce a host of new recipes for crafters of all skill levels, including both traditional recipes and new recipes which will test even the talents of the most accomplished artisans.
  • Master Recipe Books Among the new recipes introduced with patch 2.2, a special set of recipes for each class may be learned only from master recipe books. Comprehensible only to level 50 crafters, the recipes held within will demand much and more of Eorzea's veteran artisans.
  • New Crafting Facilities Players will have access to crafting facilities in their estates. With eight types in total, these facilities can be used by crafters level 40 or below to increase their CP for a fixed period of time.
  • New Crafting Tools After completing the quest "Just Tooling Around," players can speak with Talan in Revenant's Toll (X:22, Y:6) to receive a new main hand tool in exchange for goods crafted or materials gathered.
  • New Gathering Points Miners and botanists foraging for raw materials will find new resources for the taking in the following areas:
  • Miner Level 50 Quarrying Western Thanalan - Nophica's Well Unspoiled Mineral Deposit Lower La Noscea/Central Thanalan/Northern Thanalan Unspoiled Rocky Outcrop Middle La Noscea/Western Thanalan/South Shroud
  • Botanist Unspoiled Mature Tree Middle La Noscea/Upper La Noscea/North Shroud Unspoiled Lush Vegetation Patch Western La Noscea/Lower La Noscea/Central Shroud
  • Big Fishing Fishers of surpassing skill can try their hand at reeling in impressive denizens of the deep once thought to be mere legend, earning an array of achievements in the process. Do you have what it takes to stake your claim as one of Eorzea's master anglers?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:59 pm 
DL Hughley

New main hand tools. Luminary as vanity.

Sic semper tyranis.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:37 pm 
Honey Muffin
Honey Muffin

boo, the crafting stations aren't for high level crafting? that's a bummer. I still kinda want some for looks sake though lol.

Also I totally want the spring dress! ooh and a bonnet!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:53 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Auto log out will be removed in 2.2, so that's good news.

We can feel free to pose however we like for idle purposes, without having to open up the furniture change windows at the FC house!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:37 pm 
Easy Prey
Easy Prey

Ridere wrote:
Auto log out will be removed in 2.2, so that's good news.

We can feel free to pose however we like for idle purposes, without having to open up the furniture change windows at the FC house!

Lol I knew you would love auto log out removal since I use to see you on when you were sleeping or at work XD

Board index » Final Fantasy XIV » Updates & News