It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:22 pm View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » Final Fantasy XIV » Updates & News

Post subject: Use Authenticator -> Get Free Teleports
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:19 am 
Crumpet
Crumpet

Who's laughing now?!

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone ... a18a4657cf

Quote:
Account Security Reminder (03/17/2014)

To further strengthen account security when playing FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn, players are encouraged to log in using a security token or software token.

These security devices generate one-time passwords, which remain effective for only a fixed period of time and become invalid once the user logs in, offering protection against spyware such as key logging programs. Using a one-time password in combination with your Square Enix ID and password will offer greatly strengthened security for your account.

Learn more about how to register your one-time password. (http://www.square-enix.com/na/account/otp/)

In-Game Bonus for One-Time Password Users

Upon logging into the game with a one-time password, you will have the option of designating one aetheryte of your choice as a free destination. Teleporting to your free destination will incur no gil fee, and the aetheryte designated can be changed at any time.
  • The free destination is only valid for Square Enix accounts with a registered one-time password.
  • In the event your one-time password has been deactivated, teleporting to your destination will incur a gil fee. Furthermore, your free location cannot be changed while your one-time password is deactivated.

As a quick and easy way to ensure a safe and secure gaming experience, we highly recommend all users take advantage of the one-time password feature.

Although it's not mentioned anywhere, I'm pretty sure this is going live with Patch 2.2. It's not live right now.

Post subject: Re: Use Authenticator -> Get Free Teleports
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:32 am 
Honey Muffin
Honey Muffin

One of the subscription rewards is a ticket that will negate teleportation costs. Most people felt that was lame as it is worded in such a way that makes it sound like it's a one use deal. However, players from other language boards are saying that the wording is similar to minions. IE: you use the item once, but the effect is bound to the character. All teleports being free forever, if true, would be pretty darn awesome.
But after reading this, I wonder if it's the same thing. That you get to pick a single port. If that's the case, I wonder if you can have both concurrently.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:56 am 
Crumpet
Crumpet

Kioko wrote:
One of the subscription rewards is a ticket that will negate teleportation costs.

I heard they managed to get some info from a dev on that. Apparently you get 50 free teleport tickets.

If you're holding any tickets in your inventory when you teleport, you use a ticket and the port is free.

Once they're gone, they're gone.

EDIT: To avoid confusion, I'm not talking about the free authenticator teleports in this post here. This is about one of the newly announced veteran rewards, announced to be some kind of teleport voucher.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:54 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

The authenticator thing is awesome. The 50 free teleports, however, is not. I'd much rather get 2 free teleports. One from the Authenticator and one for subscription reward. haha.

I guess making the free one Mor Dhona makes a lot of sense, freeing up a "Favorite" for a different location.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:12 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Ridere wrote:
The authenticator thing is awesome. The 50 free teleports, however, is not. I'd much rather get 2 free teleports. One from the Authenticator and one for subscription reward. haha.

I guess making the free one Mor Dhona makes a lot of sense, freeing up a "Favorite" for a different location.

Yeah I see a lot of Mor Dhona and Wineport coming up.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:02 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

New plan!

Home Point: Rev Toll

I don't go here more than once every 15 minutes. Basically if I need to buy something with tomestones and for my daily map fishing.

Free Teleport: Limsa

Most convenient town for Aetheryte > Market Boards + Retainer. The Free teleport here first makes the next teleport to our housing super cheap, as well as Wineport. Making porting to either of thse locations in the double-digits.

Favorites: Gridania, Ul'dah, Wineport

Grid and Ul'dah are pretty self explanatory. Yah, we could free teleport back to Limsa and then take an airship to either town. That may be a good alternative if more frequently-visited areas appear out in the wild later on (Beastmen quests)

Wineport is handy for Coil, but it's not a far choco ride to get to that zone from LL, so this favorite could be used for getting you to the beastmen tribe quests, or something.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:09 am 
Crumpet
Crumpet

Don't forget that you can enter Coil 1-5 using the Duty Finder in 2.2 (Coil 6-9 is at a currently unknown, but different, location). You probably won't need Wineport.

I'd go with Coerthas or something.

Or if the beastman dailies are your concern, you can probably go with Camp Overlook for Kobolds, and then use the boat in Limsa that takes you to Aleport (by the Fisherman's Guild, iirc) for Sahagin.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:14 am 
Youre a Crappy HNM like Roc or something
Youre a Crappy HNM like Roc or something

Actually, turn 6-9 won't be in wine port, and turn 1-5 will be in do. No point in setting teleport for wine port anymore.

And kettle beat me. Stupid work.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:15 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Oh, that's right about coil. haha. Going to be interesting to see Wineport dead again after 2.2.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:13 am 
Honey Muffin
Honey Muffin

Ketrebu wrote:
Kioko wrote:
One of the subscription rewards is a ticket that will negate teleportation costs.

I heard they managed to get some info from a dev on that. Apparently you get 50 free teleport tickets.

If you're holding any tickets in your inventory when you teleport, you use a ticket and the port is free.

Once they're gone, they're gone.

EDIT: To avoid confusion, I'm not talking about the free authenticator teleports in this post here. This is about one of the newly announced veteran rewards, announced to be some kind of teleport voucher.

50 is far better than 1 but it sucks that it deducts without concent. meaning it would be quite cumbersome to use them effectively, so for most people it would probably just mean 3 or so days without any charges. it have been nicer if you had to "use" the item then it automatically brought up your teleport list, so you had control when a ticket was used.
oh well, the authenticator thing is cool at least. reminder that the app is free!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:47 pm 
Even Match
Even Match

I highly doubt they are going to add big money teleports and all ports are cheap as hell as it is. I may just put them in inventory and use on the first 50 ports.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:24 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

I agree, Krel. I'm not going to keep an inventory slot on my retainer for holding these tickets. haha. And going back to town to pick up a ticket, to save on a 400g teleport seems like a big waste of time. lol.

I'll just enjoy a few weeks of free teleports and call it good.

Board index » Final Fantasy XIV » Updates & News