It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:40 am View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » Final Fantasy XIV » Updates & News

Post subject: Re: Patch 2.2 Notes
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:43 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

It's worth noting that the tank mount achievement counts only come from Extreme Modes, and coil turns 1-9 (sans 3).

So basically, don't expect any better queue times for any of the things we really waited around for tanks for. I think the tank shortage at the Extreme/Coil level is much less than it was everywhere else in the game, so I'm not really seeing as how this achievement will help the duty/party finder situation.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:46 am 
Tough!
Tough!

The Saga of the Zodiac Weapons has been added.

* To accept the quest ”Up in Arms”, players must first complete the quest "A Relic Reborn" with any Disciple of War or Magic, and be equipped with a Zenith relic weapon.

So its going to be an upgrade for our zenith weapons???

P.S. Wish the ordering was a bit smarter as I like to group people on the plist, if im tanking this ordering is good, but as dps i do it in reverse and on healer i put healers top, dps middle and tanks bottom... ah well, manually doing it will be ok i guess, kinda used to it now

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:06 am 
Even Match
Even Match

Download is up (has been up for a while now according to reddit)... i can't get it cause my stupid client won't update first... laaaame, haven't figured out a way to force the update of the client yet.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:08 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

The game is down all day, right? I'm not going to bother trying to remote into my computer from my phone to start patching, since I won't be playing until after work tomorrow, anyway. lol.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:12 am 
Crumpet
Crumpet

Ridere wrote:
It's worth noting that the tank mount achievement counts only come from Extreme Modes, and coil turns 1-9 (sans 3).

So basically, don't expect any better queue times for any of the things we really waited around for tanks for. I think the tank shortage at the Extreme/Coil level is much less than it was everywhere else in the game, so I'm not really seeing as how this achievement will help the duty/party finder situation.

I noticed this and am hoping it's worded incorrectly in stating that it's in addition to, but sadly I'm guessing that it wont.

The problem is that this won't have the desired effect at all. You want tanks to complete the extreme Primals or coil runs 200 times!? That's not going to make people level and play tanks more, and it sure as hell isn't going to make more people queue extremes via the Duty Finder (you have to WIN for the damn thing to count), it'll just either:

1) Turn them off even bothering.

2) Or, even worse, it'll encourage more tanks who don't have a clue what they're doing (because they don't play it and now just want a mount) to queue for Extreme Primals, messing things up for everybody.

But again, 200 times is a ton if it's not even retroactive.

It's a nice idea, make the reward require you to actually do events as tanks instead of just having a tank levelled to 50. That way we actually get more tanks and don't just have people level tank for the mount and never play it (helping nobody). But it sounds like they've messed the idea up somehow.

If I was coming up with this idea, I'd have made it require you to beat X high level dungeons or trials via duty roulettes.

That sounds a lot more reasonable, and makes it so the tanks are actually in the queue and helping people with a realistic goal, and not just farming the trials over and over with guildmates so nobody gets the increased number of tanks. Because right now the only people who are getting that mount will be people running these trials with statics. And even then, probably not for a few months...

EDIT: Assuming I'm wrong and other high level duties still count (it DOES say elsewhere that "High-level duty's with a full party" count) it's still kind of hilarious. The feature intended to alleviate queue times for DPS, is likely going to involve a bunch of "7tank/1healer" parties farming stuff, and DPS are still left stuck in queues.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:41 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Yah. real poor implementation.

In other news, if any "full party" (8-man) content works, we're totally 7 tank, 1 healer cape westwinding things :D

I imagine that's probably the fastest fight that can be done with 7 tanks.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:57 am 
Honey Muffin
Honey Muffin

is there any cheaty way to circumvent the requirement for the bear and lion mount for people like me whom have the lvl 50 class but foe the good of all society are better off not attmepting to actually play it? if so, like a fc party consisting of only tanks doing death runs in manor 200xs over please consider me for mooching ^^

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:09 am 
Meat Miq'abob
Meat Miq'abob

i'd be up for a 7 tank party! i want mah lion :(

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:43 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

If it's only Extremes + Coil, then I'm not sure any sort of 7 tank thing would work. Maybe once we get enough gear from the newest ranked stuff, we could outgear the encounters.

If it's opened up to any 8-man content, then there's tons of options. We've already 7-tanked all 3 HM primals (as both tanks, mind you). Cape Westwind could be a no brainer, and CM/Praet would be easy, but considerably longer than doing a Trial/Primal fight.

Like Ket said. This should have been Duty Finder related. No premades. Dutyfinder 200 encounters, and you get your mount. Not only does it eliminate pre-made farming, it actually... gasp... helps the community.

No one is going to join a random coil group as tank, because they want a bear mount. Most likely the same for extreme modes. They're going to find the group they normally do stuff with, or their FC, or whatever. So as it stands right now, this achievement/mount isn't benefiting the community as much as it could.

There will be some benefit (If it hopefully outweighs all the bad tanks queuing up), but not nearly as much benefit as it -could- have.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:04 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Ridere wrote:
Like Ket said. This should have been Duty Finder related. No premades. Dutyfinder 200 encounters, and you get your mount. Not only does it eliminate pre-made farming, it actually... gasp... helps the community.

Seriously....this is what they should have done. I don't understand SE logic at all.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:15 pm 
Honey Muffin
Honey Muffin

i dont see anywhere written that suggests extreme modes only. i think thats just an assumption based rumour spreading about. i hope premade parties are allowed but also it should not be limited to high level only. theres been plenty of lowbie content ive been unable to get groups for with no tank in sight. if they think tons of ppl are going to suddenly level pld from 1 though 50 for this alone i highly doubt people whom havent already will soley for the mount.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:20 pm 
Youre a Crappy HNM like Roc or something

8 man tank coil turn 3.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:28 pm 
Crumpet
Crumpet

Corwin wrote:
8 man tank coil turn 3.

It explicitly says that Turn 3 doesn't count. :(

Quote:
As of patch 2.2, the following trials and raids will count toward achievements requiring the completion of high-level duties with a full party:

The Howling Eye (Extreme) / The Navel (Extreme) / The Bowl of Embers (Extreme) / The Whorl Eater (Extreme) / Thornmarch (Extreme) / The Binding Coil of Bahamut (excluding Turn 3) / The Second Coil of Bahamut

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:34 pm 

Poor turn 3 gets no love

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:39 pm 
Crumpet
Crumpet

Turn 3 will actually likely be the best (or only?) place to spiritbind new high level crafted gear.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:40 pm 
Even Match
Even Match

i think those dungeons are *in addition too* for high level duties.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:51 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Here's hoping

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:50 pm 
DL Hughley

Only 3 second coil map achievements?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:00 pm 
Star-Spangled Subligar
Star-Spangled Subligar

I have no idea what the point of Turn 3 is aside from story progression.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:07 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Pretty much just for spirit bonding, Yarr.

And Dead, Turn 4 didn't have a map achievement, did it? Hopefully we still have 4 turns of loot.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:09 pm 
Crumpet
Crumpet

As far as I recall there aren't even any story segments in Turn 3.

I seem to recall at some point, while confirming that Turn 3 has no loot, SE said something along the lines of that they wanted an easy/relaxing section of coil to break up the harder more stressful boss fights. The fact that everybody runs through it without killing anything is a different matter entirely.

It's like any other dungeon where you fight through trash between the boss fights, really. It makes a lot more sense once you realise that The Binding Coil of Bahamut is actually just one dungeon split up into 5 instances. You can even beat all 5 turns in about 45 minutes, like any other dungeon.

Also, correct, not every turn had a map achievement. Going by the names of the achievements, the new 4th turn is likely just a small boss arena similar to C1T4. EDIT: Or any Trial really. There's no map achievement for The Howling Eye, Bowl of Embers, etc.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:27 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

I haven't looked at these achievements yet, but I hope that if what Ket posted is correct, and there's no map achievement for the new 4th turn, that at least the arena will be awesome.

Realizing that turn 5 was actually a giant claw is/was pretty bad ass. I'd hate for the next coil content's crescendo to effectively be a round elevator :D

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:14 pm 
Crumpet
Crumpet

Hurray for Dat-mining. From the "Help Text" stuff:

Quote:
FFXIV Trials of Braves

The Trials of the Braves is a collection of sacred texts spanning nine books, each of which contains a series of objectives for enhancing your relic weapon atma. They can be acquired by exchanging Allagan tomestones with G'jusana at Revenant's Toll.

Each book will appear in the Key Items section of your inventory. By vanquishing all the foes listed therein with your relic weapon atma equipped, your weapon will undergo evolution.

Upon fulfilling the objectives of all nine books, your weapon will be ready to complete its evolution and become a relic weapon animus - one step closer to one of the transcendent Zodiac Weapons.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:31 pm 
DL Hughley

Ketrebu wrote:
Hurray for Dat-mining. From the "Help Text" stuff:

Quote:
FFXIV Trials of Braves

The Trials of the Braves is a collection of sacred texts spanning nine books, each of which contains a series of objectives for enhancing your relic weapon atma. They can be acquired by exchanging Allagan tomestones with G'jusana at Revenant's Toll.

Each book will appear in the Key Items section of your inventory. By vanquishing all the foes listed therein with your relic weapon atma equipped, your weapon will undergo evolution.

Upon fulfilling the objectives of all nine books, your weapon will be ready to complete its evolution and become a relic weapon animus - one step closer to one of the transcendent Zodiac Weapons.

Nine books full of mob hunts, fates, leves, and dungeons. Sounds time consuming but easy, like botany. While I enjoy the usual myth/folk references in FF and Gae Bolg was the spear of Cuchulainn, I'm really into -er/or weapon names lol. Liberator: get excited. I'm just bummed Oathkeeper is already the name of a story-related sword. Hopefully I end up with a Longinus or something. Liberator was a scythe in FFXI.

Seems like tons of shit to do. Also, streamlined Allagan melee accessories means fewer clogged coffers. Also note, the new Allagan shield is 115, unlike the old shield being lower ilv than the weapon. Most importantly it's a KITE SHIELD.

Last edited by DeadLegend on Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:11 pm 
Too Weak
Too Weak

http://pastebin.com/3SRd2nhm

not sure if this is true but lame if it is lol shouldnt have bought those weapons

Board index » Final Fantasy XIV » Updates & News