It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:25 pm View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » Final Fantasy XIV » Updates & News

Post subject: Patch 2.28 Notes
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:00 am 
Crumpet
Crumpet

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone ... ca30386770

There's a ton of stuff in there. I love quality of life patches almost more than content ones.

Looks like with Novus you can completely replace the stats on your relic weapon with others of your choosing. Has your relic weapon been plagued with Skill Speed + Accuracy? Want to replace it Critical Hit Rate + Determination instead? Well now you can! You can even change which of the stats is now the dominant one.

Example. Making Critical Hit Rate the dominant stat, and replacing Accuracy with Skill Speed:

Note: Right now, you can only do this once. They're allowing you to redo the process to change these stats again in a "later update".

P.S. If you've been waiting for the "myth buff" before starting your Animus, then I'm afraid you're out of luck. They have increased the amount of myth you get for doing your duty roulette each day (but not Expert), but the actual dungeons do not give extra myth, and the books do not cost less.

EDIT: Actually, Labyrinth of the Ancients (CT) now gives 150 myth instead of 100, woo.

Post subject: Re: Patch 2.28 Notes
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:52 am 
Tough!
Tough!

I just like that we can queue dailies as a party now :)

2.6GB download is excessive BT needs to hurry up with this fibre upgrade they are doing here.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:02 am 
Even Match
Even Match

im stoked! going to have to knuckle up and finish relic now lol. FML, 3am nights here i come!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:55 am 
Crumpet
Crumpet

Summary for the lowlies at work. This is MOSTLY everything. Skipped a few boring ones and bugfixes:

- Quests/Sidequests related to Zodiac/Novus
- FATE bosses reduce HP if number of participants is low
- Pets teleport to you after using jumping pads
- Expert Delivery has a filter to hide gearset or armory items
- Name appears in log windows for FC/LS invites (so you know who actually gave the invite)
- Teleportation fee to house has been reduced even further
- Goblet (Uldah Housing Zone) has been changed. Now surrounded with blue skies instead of murky mountains.
- Creepy stitches removed from Stuffed Moogle (furniture)
- Partitions in houses are now wall-mountable.
- New Challenge Log entries for retainer ventures.
- Sightseeing Log. Climb up places around Eorzea. Rewarded with Apkallu Minion for completing it.
- Revenants Toll expanded.

- All PVP actions are now unlocked at the start for everyone. Points unlock traits.
- Resetting PVP actions is now done from the PVP Action menu. No Fury's Anthem required.
- "Fresh Meat" replaced with the name of that person's class/job.
- Striking Dummies available at Wolves' Den Pier. PVP actions/buffs/stats available while at the pier for use on dummies.

- "Cover" now has a visual tether line so you can see that you're covered and how close you need to be.

- New Myth Reward Amounts:
Labyrinth of the Ancients 100 -> 150
Duty Roulette: Trials 40 -> 70
Duty Roulette: High Level 50 -> 70
Duty Roulette: Low Level 60 -> 100

- Baby Opo-opo is now a loot pool item.
- Scholar glasses (AF) are now translucent instead of looking lens-less.
- Crafting Log can be filtered by category.
- Gathering Log opens map when an item is selected.

- Crafters repairing an item that is below 100% (99%) adds 100% durability. Maximum of 199%. This means you don't lose out by repairing it early.
- You do not need to change class to repair items. Doesn't say if you need to be carrying the appropriate tool but is probably the case.
- You can repair items inside instances.

- Death now binds items.

- Gear preview. Right click an item and "Try On".
- Works from: Shop windows, Item exchange windows, Market board item search, Crafting Log
- More added later (e.g. from Loot pool).

- Gearsets now save whether headgear was visible or hidden.

- Levi Extreme + Moogle Extreme now available via Duty Finder.
- Roulette "Expert" and "High Level" can be queued in a party. Only those two.
- Duty finder list displays total obtained myth/sold tomes from a dungeon if you defeat every boss.

- Party list is sorted automatically when entering a duty. You can now configure the party list sorting order from the UI. This can be configured separately per role!

- You can commend other players even if you queued with a party. (Not the people you queued with)

- Can configure Party Finder to notify you about parties by filter. (E.g. inform you specifically if a Leviathan group appears)
- Can't join a Party Finder group if the leader has blacklisted you.

- Flying text now shows name of item instead of "Item Obtained".

- Right click an item on the market board and "Search for Item" and it will tell you if you already have one in your inventory somewhere. Doesn't mention retainers, but maybe?

- Automatic /AFK status if you go afk. Can be configured.

- Teleports can now be "saved". If somebody tries to teleport you, you can stock it and use it later. Will be lost if you zone.
- Teleports can no longer be used if engaged with an enemy.
- Can teleport to an aetheryte by clicking on it on the map.

- Athernet names changed for some of the confusing ones (e.g. The Bismark -> Culinarian's Guild.)

- FATE icons on the map will now tell you the % completion if you hover over them. So you know if they're almost over before running there.

- Weather name is now shown when hovered over on the minimap.

- Chat input window text is now in color of current chat mode.
- Linked item names now show color.

- "The <wait.x> command will no longer be executed when used on a line that incurs a text command error."

- When creating a macro, multiple instances of the same sound effect can now be used a maximum of three times on a single line. Play a noise three times by putting it on your macro three times? Hurray for annoying.

- Pet stance (e.g Heel/Obey) is now shown on the party list next to the pet.

- Incapacitated (dead) character names now shown in grey on the party list. Characters out of a zone now show HP "???" instead of "0".

- Titles can be shown under a character name. You can set your title in your profile on the character window. Whether you can see other character's titles is a configuration setting and can be set differently for self/party/etc.

- More /changepose poses. No text log when you do it anymore.
- Change pose can be set to automatically happen after a random number of seconds if you stand still.
- Last used pose is saved, and will revert to that pose after using another emote.

- Emote window now has icons and tabs to organise it better.

- Lots of other random crap.

And a final two random spot from the bugfixes list:

- Haukke Hard can no longer be used to complete an Animus book that requires Haukke Easy.
- Leaving an instance before other characters have finished loading now incurs a penalty as intended.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:58 am 
Even Match
Even Match

Ketrebu wrote:
- Expert Delivery has a filter to hide gearset or armory items

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:44 pm 
Youre a Crappy HNM like Roc or something

From what people are posting, novus seems like it's going to be an expensive pain in the ass involving a ton of materia.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:19 pm 
Even Match
Even Match

par for the course

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:48 pm 
Even Match
Even Match

Yup. Materia prices are out of control right now. Should have stayed up for the patch and then just started buying shit... spirit bonding is gonna suck major ass.

It seems to be a tiered system... where you must use t1 to be able to use t2 and so on. The success rate apparently diminishes the further along you get. It's really reminiscent of the pains of relic 1.0....

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:29 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Ketrebu wrote:
Summary for the lowlies at work. This is MOSTLY everything. Skipped a few boring ones and bugfixes:

- Teleportation fee to house has been reduced even further
- You do not need to change class to repair items. Doesn't say if you need to be carrying the appropriate tool but is probably the case.
- You can repair items inside instances.
- Gear preview. Right click an item and "Try On".
- Party list is sorted automatically when entering a duty. You can now configure the party list sorting order from the UI. This can be configured separately per role!
- Can configure Party Finder to notify you about parties by filter. (E.g. inform you specifically if a Leviathan group appears)
- Right click an item on the market board and "Search for Item" and it will tell you if you already have one in your inventory somewhere. Doesn't mention retainers, but maybe?
- Can teleport to an aetheryte by clicking on it on the map.
- Athernet names changed for some of the confusing ones (e.g. The Bismark -> Culinarian's Guild.)
- Incapacitated (dead) character names now shown in grey on the party list. Characters out of a zone now show HP "???" instead of "0".
- Titles can be shown under a character name. You can set your title in your profile on the character window. Whether you can see other character's titles is a configuration setting and can be set differently for self/party/etc.
- More /changepose poses. No text log when you do it anymore.
- Change pose can be set to automatically happen after a random number of seconds if you stand still.
- Last used pose is saved, and will revert to that pose after using another emote.
- Emote window now has icons and tabs to organise it better.

Sounds like a lot of good fixes. Even the minor ones. The Bismarck --> Culinarians guild was a complaint of mine actually. I always forgot the damn name and ported to the wrong place half the time.

I never repaired my own gear even though I had plenty of dark matter along with the crafting jobs leveled. It was tedious to change jobs and manually do it. I'm glad they finally fixed that.

The title under the character name is cool. I wonder if that will just crowd the screen and look annoying though. It's nice you have the option to hide in configs.

As a map-a-holic I would totally use the aetheryte click.

With the addition of vanity, I found myself purchasing random gear from the wards for potential vanity...only to be dissappointed when it didn't look as cool on my character as it did on others. It's nice you can preview it.

Of course the customizable relic is the best looking change. It's a shame it sounds pretty tedious and difficult to obtain...I suppose that will make it more rewarding though :-P.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:24 pm 
Honey Muffin
Honey Muffin

anyone interested in sb parties let me know. you can level up chocobo easily too at the water spot and get the weekly bonus in a cinch

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:28 pm 
Easy Prey
Easy Prey

Klu.. Go away. Your baby is crying. :p

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:03 pm 

Tempted to sell my crit and det materia now since the soldiery weapon already has it.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:36 pm 
DL Hughley

My problem right this second is an overload of accuracy. Going back to the basic relic spear (Acc/crit) wouldn't be so hot. Det high/crit low would be cool though. Think that's 30/30 at 110. Not sure if I'll get cracking on this since Liberator is fine as is, but since it's relic I'll have to get to it at some damn point.

In other words Corwin sell me your shit.

Board index » Final Fantasy XIV » Updates & News