It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:24 am View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » Final Fantasy XIV » Updates & News

Post subject: The Hunt (another way to get Sands of Time)
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:31 am 
Crumpet
Crumpet

Posted today.

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone ... b8886a09af

Notorious Monsters now roam the land. Get points and other rewards for killing specific ones assigned to you each day/week. Not all can be soloed.

Quote:
Both regular and elite bills list a bounty for their indicated marks. This bounty will be paid in full once the marks have been slain. Allied Seals received from the Hunt can be exchanged for exclusive wares by speaking with the Hunt Billmaster at your Grand Company. Rewards include weapons, armor, minions, sands of time, oil of time, and alexandrite.

Post subject: Re: The Hunt (another way to get Sands of Time)
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:04 am 
Honey Muffin
Honey Muffin

Nice. I wonder if the NMs really will be randomly roaming or if they will only spawn for the people whom have a bill.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:54 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

That's pretty interestnig. I'm glad to hear it!

Not sure if I want NMs to be open-world claimable, or if I want them to be "bound" to the people with the hunt, tho.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:28 am 
Meat Miq'abob
Meat Miq'abob

open world roaming would be bad in a sense that people will kill em just cause even if they arent on the bill "hur hur i can solo him hur hur" BS.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:35 am 
Incredibly Tough!
Incredibly Tough!

Hmm...interesting. I wonder if this will be a lame zergefest experience, like Odin or Behemoth.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:44 am 
Even Match
Even Match

you have to accept the bill first, im assuming it will work on the premise of the Leve system. at least i hope so!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:20 am 
Incredibly Tough!
Incredibly Tough!

Dustdevil wrote:
you have to accept the bill first, im assuming it will work on the premise of the Leve system. at least i hope so!

That would be ok, I guess...I like the idea of a hunt, though. I am hoping it isn't too ridiculously simple and, also, that it isn't stupidly grindy. That would be way too nickelbacky for me, like the whole atma/relic thing. Fuck that bullshit.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:36 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

I was fine with the relic quest, up until the point where they wanted 75 Alexandrite + like ~25-33 Tier 4 materia. haha.

I will not be grinding that ASAP, and I weep for those who are doing more than one weapon. I'll get Novus done, but I'll be getting it done slow and steady.

I want hunts to be light, to be honest. Like alex map level. Or no harder than peiste maps. I don't want it taking a ton of energy to schedule it every day. Especially with all the other solo/casual stuff they're adding.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:02 pm 
Even Match
Even Match

open world NM's ff11 style will be whored to no end, and i will gouge out the eyes of SE using the velociraptor method.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:28 pm 
Too Weak
Too Weak

So regular bills are normal enemies that you need to do solo yourself daily for points, and the elite ones will be party per week, so doing it with the same group would be nice. and no fighting over oils/sands because you will have points to spend on them

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:38 pm 
Crumpet
Crumpet

Not entirely sure on the source, but here are some of the new Hunt reward gears. I like the first one especially:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:15 pm 
Decent Challenge
Decent Challenge

Oh man that caster body looks slick

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:37 pm 
Crumpet
Crumpet

Also found this interesting screenshot (source was SE's facebook):

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:19 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Nooice

Attachments:
nooice.jpg
nooice.jpg [ 31.1 KiB | Viewed 4992 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:37 pm 
Star-Spangled Subligar
Star-Spangled Subligar

haha ridere

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 5:55 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

That SMN (not ACN) is using Carbuncle, btw. Someone pointed that out in one of the discussion threads. Not sure if that's worth theorizing over. haha

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 5:59 pm 
Incredibly Tough!
Incredibly Tough!

Maybe he glamoured his Garuda?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:04 pm 
Crumpet
Crumpet

Most likely possibility is that it's actually an ACN, wearing (and/or glamoured) the new dyable/craftable AF (intended for retainers).

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:53 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

They're making gear that looks like job-specific gear for retainer purposes? Interesting

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:47 am 
Youre a Crappy HNM like Roc or something
Youre a Crappy HNM like Roc or something

More info posted today.
Key points, there's no claim system, and rare loot from Elite Marks will be determined on a player by player basis.

Quote:
Hello again, to all of you FFXIVers out there!

These past few months have been a whirlwind of events and late nights at the office, but with patch 2.3 just around the corner, players would be at my door with torches and pitchforks if I didn't take time to deliver my fifty-seventh Letter from the Producer.

Attending last month's E3 event, we had the opportunity to meet with a number of media outlets, fellow game developers, and most importantly you, our players. We stayed quite busy during our stay in Los Angeles, but it was a fantastic experience, to say the least.

It was also the opportune time to reveal Rogue and Ninja, the new class and job making their debut in patch 2.4. Staying tight-lipped about such exciting news is really hard for me, and during every interview or Q&A session before the reveal, I could hear the dev team in my head shouting "Don't spoil it before E3!" Now that the secret's out, it's like a great weight has been lifted from my shoulders.

But patch 2.4 is still a few months away, so let's talk about what's coming now─Patch 2.3 - Defenders of Eorzea! My final checks of the patch are complete, and thanks to the amazing work of our team, everything is prepped and ready to go for a July 8 release. It's just a day away, so hold on a little bit longer.

Patch 2.3 brings a lot to the table with new dungeons, system features, items, and recipes. After watching the trailer, I'm sure many of you are still deciding where to begin. While you continue to consider your options, I'd like to shine the spotlight on one new system in particular: the Hunt.

The Hunt, a new initiative started by the Eorzean Alliance, will have adventurers tracking down and defeating notorious monsters roaming the land referred to as "elite marks," as well as visiting the Hunt board at each of the Grand Companies for bounties being offered to quell the lesser threats found in Eorzea. While any monster with a bounty on its head is considered a "mark," an elite mark, as the name implies, poses a much greater threat to the realm.

Take this guy for instance. Although I managed to take a few screenshots, it wasn't long before our eyes met, and I was introduced to his gargantuan club. Needless to say, I died instantly, but it was worth it to give you all an idea of what new dangers await in patch 2.3.

Elite marks can appear in any area, with some of them appearing only when certain conditions are met. Add to that the fact that they won't always appear in the exact same spot. You'll also come across hunter-scholars in each area, who are more than willing to share with you what they know of the elite marks you're after.

They may even offer a hint on how to track down your prey, so be sure to keep an eye out.

Players who defeat these elite marks will be rewarded with Allied Seals, which can be exchanged for various items and gear at your Grand Company's headquarters.

There are no weekly restrictions on how many seals you can acquire, so those of you feeling especially heroic are more than welcome to venture out and defeat as many marks as you can find.

Which reminds me, I know a lot of players have been concerned this will be like back in the day, where one player or party would claim an enemy, and lock everyone else out from getting a reward. You'll be happy to know that the Hunt was not designed with any such claiming system in mind. In fact, some of the elite marks are so powerful, it would be in your best interest to shout for help before trying to lay a hand on them. I've also heard the more elusive elite marks drop rare items as well. These rare items are distributed on a player-by-player basis, so don't hesitate to reach for a helping hand.

I think that covers the basics of elite marks, so let me tell you a bit more about the Hunt board.

The Grand Companies have made every effort to protect the peoples of their respective nations, but there are still many threats they simply can't handle on their own. This is why they've created the Hunt board, where bounties are posted for monsters deemed to be a threat that can't be ignored. Players will find two types of bounties posted on these boards.

1. Regular mark bills, denoting lesser enemies they would have you exterminate that day.
(Regular mark bills will indicate different enemies for every player.)

2. Elite mark bills, denoting more dangerous enemies they would have you exterminate within a week.
(Elite mark bills will indicate the same enemy for all players)

Regular mark bills will have you exterminating enemies commonly found around Eorzea, some of which may include bosses from FATEs. Elite mark bills will have you tracking down one of the lower ranked elite marks once per week. Both regular and elite mark bills offer a reward of gil and Allied Seals, the latter being a reward in addition to the Allied Seals yielded by elite mark enemies.

So for those of you looking to amass large quantities of Allied Seals, you can acquire as many as you'd like from hunting down elite marks. Just be warned that sometimes they can be hard to find, and even harder to kill. Players who don't have quite as much time on their hands, however, can use the Hunt board to slowly build up Allied Seals at their own pace.

So band together with your fellow adventurers, and seek out the most dangerous enemies the realm has to offer.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/thre ... ost2242343

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:23 am 
Even Match
Even Match

Corwin wrote:
More info posted today.
Key points, there's no claim system, and rare loot from Elite Marks will be determined on a player by player basis.

i'll take it :smug: i really gotta start getting back into game other than coil omg! darn kids run meh down!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:56 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Dust, you told me I would have a lot of time to play with a baby. That was a lie, I tell you! I haven't been able to play anything lately.

Back on topic, it's nice this doesn't have a claim system. I imagine the sands of time will be a super rare drop.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:18 am 
Even Match
Even Match

step 1. place baby in rocker next to comp

step 2. rock with foot

step 3. profit!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:31 am 
Decent Challenge
Decent Challenge

Sands just cost the currency given from the hunt....kind of lame considering how slow they were to obtain from Coil alone.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:05 am 
Easy Prey
Easy Prey

It was already crazy this morning with the Weekly NM. People we shouting like crazy over here!.. nah, ya just missed. It was pretty lame and there were not even many people on.

Board index » Final Fantasy XIV » Updates & News