It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:39 pm View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » Final Fantasy XIV » Updates & News

Post subject: 2.38 patch notes yalls
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:17 pm 
Honey Muffin
Honey Muffin

All up in dis hizzy

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone ... b10e012e57

Post subject: Re: 3.8 patch notes yalls
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:57 pm 
Too Weak
Too Weak

85.5 fucking million gil for a house?!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:01 am 
Even Match
Even Match

/slap. This patch wins.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:27 am 
DL Hughley

Quote:
An issue wherein certain pieces of equipment displayed incorrectly when using the /sit emote while fishing.

*To resolve this issue, the seated fishing pose for Lalafell females has been altered.

What on Earth have I been missing out on

Quote:
Once your relic weapon novus has been soulglazed by Jalzahn, complete certain activities with the weapon equipped to increase its soul attunement level. By presenting a fully attuned weapon to Jalzahn, you will be rewarded with a relic weapon nexus of item level 115 that retains all the upgrades made to the original relic weapon novus.

A weapon’s soul attunement level will rise by a set amount determined by the activity being performed. This amount, however, may increase each time a certain period of time passes. Thus sharing information with other players will be invaluable in planning the most efficient method of attunement.
Attunement progress can be verified through the use of the Zodiac glass.

Hoping "certain activities" don't include spending millions of gil on materia.

In terms of housing, there's not even anything new or different. They're just adding more of the same wards but letting individuals buy them as well. May as well keep saving for when they add more land in 2.4, get a nice medium.

Hope slap has a sound effect.

Hope new mithra /cposes aren't as crap as the others.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:37 am 
Honey Muffin
Honey Muffin

Quote:
Plots will sell for the same price to both free company and individual buyers.

Only two new wards, prices for an individual is the same as for a FC. Meaning that it'll be pretty impossible for an individual to compete for the plot they want, that is if they happen to be rich as heck.
Yoshi made a quick PR addendum to state that many more wards will be released as of 2.4 but for now it looks like several more months of waiting for anyone normal to get a house. For many, its something that will be completely out of reach.

I can't say that I'm surprised, but it still feels like exceptionally poor planning.

Even though this was stated nearly 9 months ago so many players had banked on this statement by Yoshi P:
Quote:
Personal Housing

While I cannot give a specific date on when personal housing will be implemented, I can say that prices will be completely separate from free company housing, and, naturally, far more affordable.

In Summary

The final price of land on all Worlds is subject to adjustments, and may fall lower
Over the course of three months, prices on legacy Worlds will fall to match those of World Group 3
Personal housing will be far more affordable than free company housing

Also, I fully expect the economy to tank again. >< It was just rebounding too. So many shames in all of this, going to need lots of /hugs emotes please.

Post subject: Re: 2.38 patch notes yalls
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:29 am 
Crumpet
Crumpet

Word on the street is that SE has extremely borked something. Seems to be mainly gampad users (but a keyboard user has reported it as well) but running animations (mounted or unmounted) now have a 1-2 second "ramp up" time where you start with a walk before you transition into a run.

Consequently, good luck with Titan EX. Or anything else for that matter.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:50 am 
Even Match
Even Match

that could possibly be the most annoying shit ever

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:16 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

With the way that they implemented housing, my only guess is that they didn't intend to do it this way.

If they did, why was there such a huge wait? Did we really need 9 months of planning for them to implement however many lines of code it would have needed to flag house buying for private people instead of FC's only?

I imagine they had something else in mind, and they kept screwing up, so finally they're just all, "Whatever let them buy houses in the FC wards" and called it good enough.

Oh well, time to figure out what size house I want to buy and aim for that, I guess. haha

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:25 am 
Even Match
Even Match

Reddit is crushing SE over housing

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:49 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

haha.... this is so fitting again. Especially because they Reset the price of houses on wards to higher prices.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:57 am 
Meat Miq'abob
Meat Miq'abob

the biggest dissappointment is Yoshi lying about prices being lower than FC houses.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:07 am 
Youre a Crappy HNM like Roc or something

At least three servers have already sold out of all small plots.

Sounds like even the jp forums are tearing into yoshi for this fuck up.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:26 am 
Honey Muffin
Honey Muffin

lied to is a strong accusation, the statement was made in dec of 13 theyre certainly in their right to change things. however i must say its extemely misleading none the less. most players were under assumption that a house would be a commdity easily accessee by all, and while it may be years from now it really coulf have been done in a way to make that possible right now. theres so much imaginative things they coulda done so what was done feels sorta lazy to me.
i get that they didnt want to reveal it would be expensive so as not to effect the economy beforehand but i think the anger would have been less if they had at least made a comment that their plans for housing may not be what players expected. there was lots of buzz on their forums about housing for months they really cant feign ignorance one what players wanted and expected on this one.
really silly to do something so controversial right in the midst of a huge promotional event lol

also i feel really really bad for borrowing a bunch of kets money and ended up making it so he couldnt buy his house :( im aweful

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:30 am 
DL Hughley

Nexus appears to be easy but time consuming. Lots of dungeon/trial running to build the light.

Fuck the houses. I could buy a small right now but why bother?

The sands/oils/tomestones in ST are, as before, lotted only against your own party, not the whole alliance.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:35 am 

He said it would be cheaper than FC housing. It isn't. That's the definition of a lie. He's had more than enough time to correct his statement and he didn't. He done fucked up. The end.

Are all the small plots sold out already on Hyperion? I have no interest buying a house, just curious.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:48 am 
Honey Muffin
Honey Muffin

i logged on 17 mins after server cam up in both new mist wards were already almost completely sold out.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:53 am 
DL Hughley

Yes, every small house plot on Hyperion has been bought.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:03 am 
Crumpet
Crumpet

tehkei wrote:
the biggest dissappointment is Yoshi lying about prices being lower than FC houses.

While I know everybody is ripping on Yoshi for this, and believe me I in no way agree with the mess that personal housing has turned into, I think everybody beating on about this one particular point exclusively is wrong.

Firstly, you have to remember that this statement was made back when the FC housing prices were *extremely* high: 300-600 million gil for a large house. His statement that personal houses would be cheaper than FC houses was in the context of these values.

Secondly, that statement was made back when Patch 2.1 was released. That was mid-December, nine months ago. Since then, gil has comparatively gotten extremely easy to come by. The addition of things like treasure maps, duty roulettes, trial bonuses, has made a large influx of gil on the market, compounded over the span of 9 months: Inflation. Even your average casual runs around with a hell of a lot more gil than they once did by simply selling stuff on the ward.

When you take inflation into account, these houses are indeed much more affordable than FC houses once were.

Anyhow.

The personal housing system does indeed seem to be a "last ditch effort". It feels like they intended for something better, but just couldn't make it work. It's already being added at the very end of this patch cycle when it was scheduled for over a whole major patch ago. They reached as far as it can go without holding back other content, and said: oh well, just flip the switch that lets single people buy houses - 5 minute change.

With the system they're probably stuck with, they likely didn't have much choice other than to make the FC and Personal house prices the same. You're paying for exactly the same thing, why wouldn't it be the same price? What sense would it make for a Medium House in Plot 11 cost 1/4 of the price simply because only a single person is paying for it?

I personally have no problem with the houses needing a moderate amount of effort to obtain them. Reasonable goals are worth striving for and can make the accomplishment feel worthwhile. I know everybody seems to feel like they were entitled to houses as some kind of basic right, but that's what the Inn rooms and Private Chambers were for.

That said, expecting a single person to cough up 30+ million gil isn't what I'd call reasonable. I would have personally pegged the prices at something like 1 mil for a small, 10 mil for a medium, and 50 mil for a large mansion (large are too big for one person really anyway, it's for the crazies with too much gil).

What I do have a problem though with is the insanely small number of wards. There are tens (if not hundreds) of thousands of players per server who will, either immediately or eventually, want a house. So they give us about 500 plots to share between everyone. To my knowledge, as of this morning, long before 90% of the server population has gotten to work (never mind returned from it), the majority of these plots are now gone. Already.

It's not enough, and frankly, I dont think doubling the number of wards is enough either. We all knew it would be like that as soon as they explained how they wanted to do housing. The only answer was for them to instance off the personal housing wards, aaaaand.... they didn't. This is a problem that they may not ever be able to fix now that they've released it, constantly adding new wards as they fill like some kind of band aid.

I also don't like the lack of any features that make the housing unique in any way whatsoever. It's literally just an FC house for one person. People have technically been able to do this for months by just ranking up a solo FC. We were supposed to get granular controls, set who can and can't enter your house or edit the furniture. What about co-ownership? They have a marriage system being added in about a month, why can't you co-buy, co-own, or otherwise share a house? Why is there no way for friends or linkshells to easily buy houses located together as neighbours? This is something instancing was desperately needed for.

No, prices aren't the problem here. Yoshi "lying" about the prices being cheaper than FC houses are the least of everyone's problems. The real problem is the extremely half-assed implementation on something we've been waiting NINE MONTHS for.

SE were quiet about personal housing for months, so we were all suspicious something was up, especially as the patch date drew near and we hadn't heard anything about it. The real failing here is not informing us. I know people would have been disappointed if you said "hey, look, its turning out to be too hard to do those things we promised, we're going to have to scale it back" -- but that would have been a hell of a lot more controllable than the incredible meltdown they've caused today.

/TL;DR:Ketpost.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:11 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

The lying thing is what really gets me. As Kio mentioned, December 13th was a long ways a way. But the following quote was much more recent.

* You're not buying a house with only 850k gil. But they will not be as expensive as FC housing.

Either way, Yoshi couldn't have been surprised people have more gil in 2.3 than they did in 2.1. I mean. it's not like he's in charge of the team that implemented the changes to increase the gil. He didn't have to make monsters drop gil from dungeons. He didn't have to make challenge logs give gil, or give tanks 9k gil for doing an expert roulette.

So yah. I won't be crying myself to sleep or anything, but there's no way to call it anything but a lie. You can't have "lost something in translation" in every single language in which something was handed out to JP, NA and EU players.

They just screwed up, plain and simple.

Everything else with the patch is pretty cool. 2 oils, 2 sands and 2 tomestones from ST is interest. 2 tomestones, 3 sands and 3 oils from Coil is even better. No clue what will be up with the new relic quest, but it seems like it won't be a gil sink.

Novus may be cheaper now, as people are going to be flooding the market with materia to try and make money, while also not buying as much materia, because they're trying to save money for houses. So it's probably a really good time to work on your novus, which may make me go for optimal stats... possibly. haha

Sad about the housing, tho!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:21 am 
Crumpet
Crumpet

On a different note, here are all of the Nexus weapons (presumably using "Try On", which has now been expanded to most menus including trades/shops/etc.)

You could take somebody's eye out with the lens flare on those Arcanist books.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:43 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Can you upload that in the post by chance? Can't see imgur at work :(

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:06 am 

I think I saw an estimate somewhere that even if they double the wards, it's only 1500 total houses per servers.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:13 am 
Crumpet
Crumpet

Attachments:
ijxu7XY.png
ijxu7XY.png [ 901.56 KiB | Viewed 5282 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:20 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

lol, ket.... Thanks.

Corwin,

3 Nations, 8 wards, 30 houses in a ward = 720. Doubling it in 2.4 puts you at 1440. Of which how many are medium to large, which is now realistically out of reach of most people who don't want to spend months saving up for it.

So yah, we're extremely short on small houses. I think i'd personally want a medium house, and that may be what I end up trying to save up for. Medium seems like the perfect amount of furniture/space ratio. But it'd be quite the investment to save up for them. I only have 10 mil.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:27 am 
Meat Miq'abob
Meat Miq'abob

Ketrebu wrote:

lol by the time patch 2.8 comes out. all you will be is a giant lensflare effect. thats how you know you got the best weapon.

Board index » Final Fantasy XIV » Updates & News