It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:06 am View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » General Gaming » Gaming Screenshots & Videos

Post subject: Dynamis Bastok - Sunday 25th 2004
PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 10:01 pm 
Too Weak
Too Weak

I didn't take many screenshots, plus, it's not like we all don't know what the place looks like by now ;)

Here are the few I did get.

#1: Pre-raid panty check. Before we left I had to check if Lion's underwear really was white. They are. Dinav was right >.<

#2: Our first full Dynamis-Bastok Wipeout. (death) (All Right!)

#3: (weakened) (Black Mage) -vs- (Mega Boss) : My personal favorite screen shot. 90% of raid was dead, and it looked like the mega boss was gonna own us, then Hcmeowmeow pulled off a raise for the win.

#4: 10 Seconds later, after mega boss died. lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 10:20 pm 
Star-Spangled Subligar
Star-Spangled Subligar

Some one fill me in on how it went. Im at the hotel right now.

What dropped and who won?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 10:21 pm 
Yummy Love
Yummy Love

:|

Last edited by Yummy on Wed Nov 24, 2004 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 10:28 pm 
Too Weak
Too Weak

Yarr wrote:
Some one fill me in on how it went. Im at the hotel right now.

What dropped and who won?

Well we won, mega boss dead, got all time extensions, we did have 2 wipeouts though. Not to bad for only 54 people though, instead of the normal 64.

RDM AF2 Gloves = Croucont
PLD AF2 Head(?) = Dulyapun
DRG AF2 Legs = Ilm, lol. there where no DRG on the raid >.<

100 bill = ?

Need more THF.. Sucky drops this time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 10:34 pm 
Crumpet
Crumpet

Checklist:

- 2 Wipeouts
- 1 RDM AF2 Gloves (Croucont won lot)
- 1 PLD AF2 Coronet (Dulyapun won lot)
- 1 DRG AF2 dropped (And we had no DRG!! Not even anyone with a DRG at any sort of respectable level.... This AF might as well have been lost.)
- 7234972 Ito's (Relic GK) for everyone.
- A few other Relic Weapons (I got a Relic Blade)
- 1 100 Byne Bill. (I think Bobaboba got this one)
- Mega Boss killed.

I was really disappointed in only having 3 AF2 drop, at all. Thats really pathetic compared to the 7-8 we got on last run (even if 4-5 were SMN AF, lol)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 10:53 pm 
The Original Dark Knight™
The Original Dark Knight™

I've got some great screens myself. Such as this:

And this:

Kinda hard to tell that we kicked alot of ass in these though. lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 12:45 am 
(Tarutaru) (Dream) (Man)
(Tarutaru) (Dream) (Man)

Yeah, concerning the wipes.....
To be honest it wouldnt' have made a diff. whether we had 64 or 50 (except maybe the 1st wipe ^^;;)

But the 1st wipe was my fault, I didn't think the 3 other statues nearby would link when Icy pulled the NM. (Free dynamis coupons maybe? :P)

And the 2nd wipe was just a poor mega-boss pull (altho we were pressed for time, bout 15 min left or so). And 64 lvl 75 players wouldn't have helped on that 2nd wipe. ^^;

But overall..... great dynamis run again. And I promise... no more bastok! (for a while).

btw, everyone notice how it took me ~1 hour to make alliances?
then note how long it takes yarr~.....

Yeah that's right, let's bring his ass back!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 1:34 am 
Incredibly Tough!
Incredibly Tough!

The first wipe *may* have been solved by just going for the scorps that gave us the problems. We kept trying to mass sleep but at the end most of us just said "fuck it, kill them" and we almost made it out.

Also, you kept saying don't run but me, another thf, and hobo found a nice little place to run and hide lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 4:47 am 
Incredibly Tough!
Incredibly Tough!

Oh and I talked to a lot of people I knew. The verdict to as to why we were low of people were-

1. People below lvl 70 wanted AF and didn't like the lot rule. Mrukk and others didn't return because of this.
-this is almost mean of SE to do to us. Melee need bynes for their awsome weapons but aren't good until 70. Mages don't need bynes but are good at 65...so not fair ;;

2. Some people STILL just don't know. They heard about it, and were mad they weren't invited. I sent those people here to sign up. Especially the DRG ; ;.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 5:24 am 
Tough!
Tough!

Wish i coulda been there but i didnt get much sleep all weekend and opted for an early night rather tahn a 3hr dynamis run, well done all for beating the mega boss, musta been funny to have those wipe outs ^^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 6:20 am 
The Dojo MILF
The Dojo MILF

OMG - can we all have a little more of that WHINE with our cheese. I came into dynamis knowing that I wasn't going to be getting any AF (yet) . I have managed to get some byne bills (7 to count) and a wootz ore. Who cares. I don't feel like I need to be getting something out of this right now. To be quite honest I go in with maybe 50% of my shots hitting -- and it's because I'm a lower level. Some day tho I will be contributing my share of dmg/knowledge. Maybe then I'll complain about not getting AF. It has been a week since the last raid and because of car shopping and stupid Linksys I haven't been able to level (even so would have got 1 or 2 levels) so I don't find it unreasonable that the people that can wear it within 1 or 2 levels should get it.

The point being -- lower level people (like me) need to look at this as a learning experience. Deaths aside there has not been a raid yet that hasn't been fun. I feel like when I gain some levels and the knowledge I get from the raids we are doing I'll be kicking some major butt without getting the whole team killed doing it. That's my reward right now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 7:46 am 
Decent Challenge
Decent Challenge

Tell me this please, When a lvl 65 wins a piece af that he/she can't use for another 3 months, how does that benefit the ls as a whole?

It might boost your virtue penix that you can use translator to link your items, but really that's about it. People needs to start looking at the big picture not just for yourself. Seriously, sometimes this is the reason I don't feel like going to anymore Dynamis runs with sub 70s players. I am there because my CKD friends are, but if all I am going to hear are the sub 70s whining about how unfair it is, that just gets old.

JP cleared Dynamis-Windurst with 51 people. I am sure Cheeseburgers can too. It will take deaths after deaths, but I don't think NA players have worse skills than JP. For sure I know CKD has pulled off several impossible to be possible. If this post offended sub 70s I am sorry.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 8:46 am 
(Tarutaru) (Dream) (Man)
(Tarutaru) (Dream) (Man)

Just like peejo said.... having someone win a piece of AF that can't be equipped for another 5-6 more raids, kinda makes it pointless for the dynamis group as a whole.

And like cyntari said, its a learning experience, and more importantly just experience altogether.

There will be more and more NA players that hear about "Cheeseburgers" and even JPN players that will know about it.
And we won't be aiming for 64 people all the time. So clearly those with some history and experience will be picked over those that just arrive once per zone raid.

Clearly, if you are below lvl 70 and dont like the AF2 lot rules, it is perfectly fine. This is the reason why most dynamis LS dont have people under lvl 70 participating. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 8:56 am 
(Tarutaru) (Dream) (Man)
(Tarutaru) (Dream) (Man)

Oh, and concerning mage's "usefulness" at 65~.....

BLM: a lvl 65 BLM is wayyyyy out matched damage wise compared to a lvl 75 BLM. The MP pool is hardly a comparison, but the difference in tier IV spells to tier III spells is quite clear. Don't believe me? go on an uncapped ballista~.

RDM: a lvl 65 RDM would be just as useful as a lvl 65 BRD, only good for MP refresh, since their enfeeble magic skill would be too low to sleep most monsters. And any RDM in a dynamis raid can tell you, that's a very important job.

WHM: I think any player in a dynamis raid can tell you the difference between a lvl 65 WHM and a lvl 70+ WHM, since we all enjoy deaths, but dont enjoy the exp loss that comes packaged with them.

BRD: see same explanation for RDM.

So, in a sense there are contributions a low lvl mage can make, but don't over-estimate their abilities. Whenever we extra rdms (or low lvl ones) we just put them on refresh/healing duty. And same goes for low lvl brds.
I'd probably say that low lvl whms are most useful, as long as we don't wipe ;) .

And a low lvl blm? well bout as useful as a low lvl melee... since the damage output is so different.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 9:32 am 
Crumpet
Crumpet

I think the "I can't get any AF, so I won't go." is completely the wrong attitude to take. I think people who think like this are likely to end up winning AF, then never returning for a raid (at least to that zone.)

If anything, this should be incentive to make people level past 70, you had to level to 52+ to have any sort of chance at getting AF1, why should you get AF2 early? Unfortunatey, I think people are more likely to take the "AF to 70+ only" thing as some sort of insult, and never want to come back even if they do level.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 10:30 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Yeah, I agree.

Dynamis is just like any other part of FFXI; your reputation is quite important. Doing Dynamis raids at earlier levels, even if you can't lot on things, is important, because it both builds experiences for handling Dynamis issues, while also showing those in charge that you have the potential for being far more useful in future raids.

We've done (Dynamis - Bastok) three times now, and I've gone to all of them. There isn't any WHM AF2 that drops there, no WHM relic weapons, but I still think it's important to go, so that I can show my support for an all-NA Dynamis group and so that I can hopefully secure a place in future Dynamis raids that will have WHM AF2.

We're only going to get better at these. And as we get better, more people will want to come (Partially due to more people hitting 65+ in level), and we won't need to take as many. So it may get to a point where it's not going to be an open admission into Dynamis, as it is right now. That's when it'll be important for sub-70 people to have created a reputation for themselves as being a mature, and compotent, Dynamis team player.

Having said that, let's get the hell outta (Dynamis - Bastok), because I want to start scoring some mad WHM loot! hah hah

(All right!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 4:06 pm 
Incredibly Tough!
Incredibly Tough!

I go for learning and because it's fun.

I know as a THF/NIN, I will one day be asked to pull. Maybe not for months to come, but one day someone will say "you need to pull".

I need to actually do the Dynamis battles to see how it's done(boss mobs, specifically).

So Dynamis for me is:
-Fun killing mobs
-Scoring bynes for my relic weapon.
-Learning how to be a help to my raid.

It took me over an hour to figure out how to SAnTA Monk Types since we Kite them so much. It took me 30 minutes to figure out a great macro set that covered everything I needed done. My next Dynamis will be much more fun, and I can improve on these things.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 4:13 pm 
Decent Challenge
Decent Challenge

Too bad BST can't charm anything in Dynamis...

I'll bring maybe Black Mandra pet... Built in AoE Sleep = Thanks

This granted i get my BST to 65+

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 4:26 pm 
Incredibly Tough!
Incredibly Tough!

Yeah but..if you bring BST you have very little AF2 competition...and that AoE sleep wouldn't hurt one bit for the Final NM or if any links come running <.<

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 8:42 pm 
Eater of cow souls

i was in a blm, whm, nin, thf, rdm, sam PT in onzozo and the samurai (wearing a haubergeon) lotted on the assault jerkin and won. >_>

what a waste....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 9:02 pm 
Incredibly Tough!
Incredibly Tough!

O_O...whoa is that relevent?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 11:49 pm 
I;m in cobr a kuy dogo
I;m in cobr a kuy dogo

To get back on Track...

All i have to Say to ppl who cry about not getting AF at 65-69 is that You should feel even lucky enough to even be able to go on these at all. most or all JP Riads are 70+ only.... i think getting a head start on collecting Bynes and Experience is a very good thing to get a head start on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 1:07 am 
Devourer of Souls~
Devourer of Souls~

Not to mention getting the Dynamis Clear items which means you'll be eligible for glaicer and xarcbard raids sooner. rather than having to wait a month or more to go back for zones you missed... especially important if you can't attend every raid.

Board index » General Gaming » Gaming Screenshots & Videos