It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:17 am View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » General Gaming » Gaming Screenshots & Videos

Post subject: More Old school screen shots for fun. CKD vs Serket + More
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 1:12 pm 
Star-Spangled Subligar
Star-Spangled Subligar

I'm bored at work and was flipping through the screen shots in my old http://www.yarrthepirate.com/FFXI and found some funny stuff.

Good god, look at this screen shot of CKD vs Serket. Dionil, Emerlin, Koda, Triddy and even Zoth. Only people in this screen shot who still play are Ilma and myself.

Only the old school CKD forum posters are going to recognize this guy. Laguna was (since he hasnt posted in probably a year) my favorite poster. Princess and him use to crack me up in the rant threads they did on the IRL boards. I only ever saw him in game like twice but he posted a ton and it was all good quality posts. IMO he helped build the forums into what they are now.

Ahh yes, this picture means more now that NA players other than CKD actually camp HNMs. It also gives a real impression of how long CKD has been working to get to where we are. Also why we are a little resentful to see all these NA linkshells start camping and getting loot right away. CKD put in almost a full year of camping Kings before we killed all three. Some linkshells have been camping since the last patch and have killed a few kings.
Notice in this picture (as hard as it is to see) that only a few people still camp kings. No KFC, no IW and even most the CKD in this shot have quit.

So what happens when an NA linkshell (who has never seen Fafnir befor let along fought him) tries to camp it? A whole lot of funny action lol. This was so long ago we had no idea about how timers worked, we had no idea what fafnir looked like (aside from screen shots) and he popped the very second the window opened. Half the alliance was AFK since we didnt have an exact TOD (we just got there too). We tried to fight him but since we had no experiance we only managed to chip a little life away before he slowly ate everyone one by one. I mean we were so new we had three Dragoons with us haha. Oh and look at our gear. lol most NA linkshells did sky first. We had no gear when we started. Everyone is in mostly AF1.

You would be suprised how hard Genbu can be when youre alliance consists of a hand full of 75s and no one has anything other than AF1 and cheap gear you could buy from AH. We spent like 2 weeks planning out how to kill Genbu and organizing everything. While this wasnt our first Genbu attempt in this screen shot. This comes from our first month or soo. The only "hard to get and Rare" armor was kaynes AF2 legs. Everything else was really normal. I remember when Suzaku would easily smoke the alliance if we didnt do everything just right. This was back before people used Chainspell stun. We use to be so damn organized haha. The early days of CKD were an uphill battle. nothing like making anew HNMLS now where everyone already has decked out gear. We had nothing.

lol I bet most NA players never even fought the Sky Guardian Gods in their old skins.

No old school screen shot collection is complete with out a random shot of Kayne making sweet love to my behind.

In my line of work in FFXI I get a lot of people asking stupid things. However, everyonce and a while a real gem comes along. Not to totally back HKO but this screen shot really speaks for itself. It was taken way way back when HKO was like level 50ish and was still earning his rep as a total tard.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 1:21 pm 
Master Deba-tor
Master Deba-tor

Hahah you guys were fightin faf from all angles lol so funny lol

Dionil O_O

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 1:26 pm 
Easy Prey
Easy Prey

Those screenshots really make me appreciate what I have as far as gear goes so far now. I've pretty much got the same type of equip you were describing Yarr, the full AF1, but nothing of AF2, and no chance at god equip atm. ^^;; o_@ lol, It's gonna be funny when I finally get sky, and a LS to actually fight along with. . . lol, I still feel like a noob. . . in game terms, I guess I still am in some ways. ; ; lol, wonder what my taru would be like if I kept going from when I started . . . then again I'm not sure if I'd be a tarutaru, or on Ifrit o_o; Scary reality.

http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?72267

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:03 pm 
Tough!
Tough!

Location: {Hand} {Down} {Trousers} {Jerkin} {I'm Playing Solo Right Now}
lol HKO was one of the first and few peeps on my block list

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:12 pm 
Too Weak
Too Weak

oh! yarr!!! post the SS of me asking what lvl i could join CKD and you telling me lvl 76!!!

71WHM - Ifrit
75NIN,75WAR - Remora
http://www.Valour-Ifrit.net

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:26 pm 
IS SO RETARDED
IS SO RETARDED

I remember the first time i asked yarr that i could swear he told me 60 i think i was 54 at the time. Lol i could be wrong though.

Post subject: Re: More Old school screen shots for fun. CKD vs Serket + Mo
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:31 pm 
Even Match
Even Match

Yarr wrote:
Only the old school CKD forum posters are going to recognize this guy. Laguna was (since he hasnt posted in probably a year) my favorite poster. Princess and him use to crack me up in the rant threads they did on the IRL boards. I only ever saw him in game like twice but he posted a ton and it was all good quality posts. IMO he helped build the forums into what they are now.

wow....AltanasDivineTears-my old ls he was co-founder of it, you can still catch this guy on GamingHole forums he post's everyonce in a while,along w/a couple of other "Old" players

http://www.gaminghole.org/forums/nph-YaBB.cgi

BLMAF2:3/5
RDMAF2:2/5
BSTAF2:5/5(lies!hi2ublacksage)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:35 pm 
Tough!
Tough!

Haha anyone have that screenshot of me and kayne trying to h2h king behemoth to death. Kinda funny how he used to sit up for 8+ hours because none of the JP LS there could kill it heh.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:39 pm 
Star-Spangled Subligar
Star-Spangled Subligar

Ilm wrote:
Haha anyone have that screenshot of me and kayne trying to h2h king behemoth to death. Kinda funny how he used to sit up for 8+ hours because none of the JP LS there could kill it heh.

lol I didnt get to see that. I was on my way to the zone and got there just in time to die and then watch some japanese ls get it (probably CoV)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:45 pm 
Tough!
Tough!

u rember this sef?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 3:02 pm 
Even Match
Even Match

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!was that the eco warrior? i think i missed that 1 shit compy !!! umm i have 1 cool pic of ALL of us together- i mean EVERYone but its on the FFXI screenshots thing asnd i dont know how to post it,if you do plz tell me i have my favorite ADT SS for a long time and i wanna see if any1 remembers ppl!
and omg lol Bali- as sam!!!
LOL that was like FUCKING AGES ago!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 3:23 pm 
Spammer, to the max!

bleh your making me miss FF

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 3:29 pm 
Spammer, to the max!

lol you can always come back Ruby, all your shit is still there you know =p

anyway yeah that Fafnir pic was our first one and we had no strategy for it, so we just zerged it heh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 3:51 pm 
Mike&Ike Irl
Mike&Ike Irl

if you guys dont remember.. i was in ADT with yall.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 3:54 pm 
I;m in cobr a kuy dogo
I;m in cobr a kuy dogo

haha I was at my friends Lan party (yes i know haha) and when we Tried Fafnir i Had 6-7 behind me wathcing me Run likw a B??ch in circles haha i thnk i was lvl 64 brd too lol. I can honestly say that fafnir even hurt irl lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 4:03 pm 
Emo Immolator
Emo Immolator

I used to always come to this forum just to see pictures like those, it really gave me more motivation to play even though I was always caught up in work while I was in high school. Even though I got FFXI at launch I was always behind because 1. I was and still am a n00blet (this was my first real MMO) and 2. I didn't have a computer to myself or the time to play. Anyway I worked hard for a long time and I guess you could now say I'm realizing one of my goals, haha. I remember Laguna too, wow, long, long ago.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 4:37 pm 
Even Match
Even Match

ike wrote:

yeah you were...but you came late...before angie was in CKD before laguna still played..i remember getting your blm coffer key in GC....with Yrcw i think it was..but yeah ike you missed ADT at its "prime" lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 4:44 pm 
". . ."
". . ."

Wow...since when does Yarr mention "Old School" stuff and I actually recognize all of it?

I remember when all that stuff was first posted, I even remember when you guys were camping KB, I ran out there as like 56 RDM or something stupid and got there right as everyone was getting warped back afterwards.

I remember Laguna~ He always posted a novel when he posted about something. The rant thread is still here if you look for it, lol

Man, I'm the slowest player of all time (next to Fattino)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 5:31 pm 
Mike&Ike Irl
Mike&Ike Irl

Sefier wrote:
ike wrote:

yeah you were...but you came late...before angie was in CKD before laguna still played..i remember getting your blm coffer key in GC....with Yrcw i think it was..but yeah ike you missed ADT at its "prime" lol

thats prolly true, i remember seeing vanz and genz (good friends of mine) with a snot green ls on and i was like. hey gimmie one!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 8:02 pm 
Incredibly Tough!
Incredibly Tough!

Viviti wrote:
Wow...since when does Yarr mention "Old School" stuff and I actually recognize all of it?

I remember when all that stuff was first posted, I even remember when you guys were camping KB, I ran out there as like 56 RDM or something stupid and got there right as everyone was getting warped back afterwards.

I remember Laguna~ He always posted a novel when he posted about something. The rant thread is still here if you look for it, lol

Man, I'm the slowest player of all time (next to Fattino)

Yep, same here. I remember specifically the Kayne humping Yarr pic haha.

That said, this was an old pic I PS'd when I saw...

Anyone care to guess who the two lovebirds are?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 8:05 pm 
Eater of cow souls

kayne and mikey, where's my prize?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 8:06 pm 
Incredibly Tough!
Incredibly Tough!

Trophy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 8:59 pm 
". . ."
". . ."

Heres my first CKD screenshot:

Heres another kinda old one~ From sometime last year

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 11:49 pm 
Tough!
Tough!

Sefier wrote:
LOL that was like FUCKING AGES ago!

Yeah that was eco.
I still miss the game so much. I thought about comin back but there is so much i would have to do to get where i was when i left. I just noticed it has been 1 yr since i quit, prob so much shit i could have done in that time, lol. After all it only took a few months to hit 70 ;)

Someone tell this kid how to get pictures from pol.... just use http://imageshack.us/ to host pictures.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 12:02 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Ah i remember ADT!!!

I loved helping people in that LS, you guys were always friendly.

Boy, long ago... Good times though :D

Board index » General Gaming » Gaming Screenshots & Videos