It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:01 pm View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » General Gaming » Gaming Screenshots & Videos

Post subject: Sea Serpent Sweatshop
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 12:56 am 
Emo Immolator
Emo Immolator

Should speak for itself. SE needs to implement an alternate way of obtaining siren hair before this stuff becomes as expensive as damascene cloth. I've been camping this stuff since it was worth 1.2mil and have yet to get a drop to fill out my rotting abjurations. People should really boycott this shit, haha. Whenever I think about this stuff I just get pissed off.

Names listed above are all Gil sellers as far as I know. Heres a screenshot of the RMT Linkshell "BestTeam roster"

Why this picture is filtred with grey is beyond me, but I think he just did it to piss me off.

Last edited by Caduceus on Wed Dec 21, 2005 6:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 1:15 am 
Easy Prey
Easy Prey

I'd really like to see Siren's Hair dropped from a bcnm or something like that. I just can't see myself wanting to buy for that price.. I have abjurations just sitting in storage until I get lucky or I need to toss them to make space.

Everyday I have to make the decision, A:Abjuration Legs or partial stack of Meat Mithkabobs (or some other crap). One day the mithkabobs will win that battle out of my frustration.

Oh and on that note, where the fuck are the new gobbie bag and mog safe quests?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 1:17 am 
Youre a Crappy HNM like Roc or something
Youre a Crappy HNM like Roc or something

man stop asking for everything from a lame ass BC haha

just make the shit from a NPC at 500k like the price used to be before gil sellers found it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 1:31 am 
Even Match
Even Match

Xiona wrote:
man stop asking for everything from a lame ass BC haha

just make the shit from a NPC at 500k like the price used to be before gil sellers found it

wasnt it cheaper? :p 3? kaka -lowers the price-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 1:52 am 
Too Weak
Too Weak

But, there are still 10 on AH waiting for sale at this moment.

I can tell, the consumption of Siren's Hair is VERY HIGH. Since the uncursed items cannot be sold again to the market, that means the Hair will always be in need. As more and more players reach high level for Zenith items, inflation is inevitable.

From a crafter side of view, inflation only increases the potential lose of booming during syntheses. The product users will always suffer most but crafters will remain relative stable profit from the Hair.

I have forseen this to happen when the Hair is only 600k.

Summoner's Doublet
Tamas Ring

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 2:21 am 
Emo Immolator
Emo Immolator

ykfan wrote:
But, there are still 10 on AH waiting for sale at this moment.

I can tell, the consumption of Siren's Hair is VERY HIGH. Since the uncursed items cannot be sold again to the market, that means the Hair will always be in need. As more and more players reach high level for Zenith items, inflation is inevitable.

From a crafter side of view, inflation only increases the potential lose of booming during syntheses. The product users will always suffer most but crafters will remain relative stable profit from the Hair.

I have forseen this to happen when the Hair is only 600k.

Most materials of crafted goods are always, slowly, crawling up. And its not just Zenith either. Damascene cloth has sharply risen to I believe 3mil from when it used to be only 600k. Venemous Claws and Dragon Talons too. The funny thing is, gil given to Gil sellers technically leaves the economy until its bought by players. This can tell you that many people still do buy gil, and alot of it. Inflation can only occur when there's gil to be used. The thing is I'm wondering is when this trend will peak. Random buyers don't have unlimited amounts of gil. There will come a point when this stuff will simply be too expensive for anyone. Crafters are usually never to blame for this whole trend nor would they need to buy gil, but they're a huge influence too on the price of materials.

Thanks for posting ykfan.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 3:28 am 
Spammer, to the max!

id like to take this opportunity to say the zenith set sucks badly, shame on you for uncursing it, and yeah shame on me for having the crown and legs rotting in my safe

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 4:01 am 
Too Weak
Too Weak

Rubyxiii wrote:
id like to take this opportunity to say the zenith set sucks badly, shame on you for uncursing it, and yeah shame on me for having the crown and legs rotting in my safe

True, Zenith set are not good unless the players have MP fever. Only Dalmatica and HQ Mitts + 1 have the space to stand. Rotting is bad, just throw it to have the effect "Storage +1".

But you know, people want the Zenith set as a statue symbol.

Long time ago, I asserted that the maximum price of Damascene Cloth is 3 mil so that Vermillion Cloak is 9 mil. This statement held true until damn SE took out the drop from Aquarius.

I really cannot speculate what is the maximum price of Siren's Hair. For example, if one day there is an easier channel to obtain Aq. Abj Body, the price will skyrocket to a state that is unimaginable.

Summoner's Doublet
Tamas Ring

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 4:18 am 
Emo Immolator
Emo Immolator

Quote:
I really cannot speculate what is the maximum price of Siren's Hair. For example, if one day there is an easier channel to obtain Aq. Abj Body, the price will skyrocket to a state that is unimaginable.

SEs probably considered that. Which is why I doubt they'll implement any other way to obtain A. Bodies. But they need to implement more methods to obtain siren hair before the market spirals out of control, who knows when and how hard it'll crash when it does.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 10:21 am 
Invented Emo
Invented Emo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 1:34 pm 
Too Weak
Too Weak

Camp against them lol.... bring a friend or two, they suck balls at claiming. Saving 2.1m for an hour or two's work doesn't sound too farfetched to me. Camping is kinda gay and boring yes, but it starts to end up like king camps if you keep track of PH's and repop timers so you don't have to be at the computer 90% of the time. The reason they have monopolized it is because people are too lazy to camp against them, and would rather pay 2.1m and save a couple hours' work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 4:52 pm 
Spammer, to the max!

I always thought that maybe if the damn auction house had a price ceiling and a price floor on some goods where you could only set a max price at some certain amount or have something at a minimum amount then perhaps it would relieve the economy and thus remove a bit of the RMT. No way strider boots should be 30 mill+, also it would allow for people to actually enjoy the game and stay reasonably wealthy enough to buy food, other items, etc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 6:04 pm 
Emo Immolator
Emo Immolator

Dalek wrote:
Camp against them lol.... bring a friend or two, they suck balls at claiming. Saving 2.1m for an hour or two's work doesn't sound too farfetched to me. Camping is kinda gay and boring yes, but it starts to end up like king camps if you keep track of PH's and repop timers so you don't have to be at the computer 90% of the time. The reason they have monopolized it is because people are too lazy to camp against them, and would rather pay 2.1m and save a couple hours' work.

Come with me down to the grotto sometime. I'll leave the claiming to you. Kuye, Mije, and their band use MrArgus to constantly outpull from Decimus and me. We also camped in the grotto for three hours and didn't see a pop on Novv. I've camped Zuug for nearly six hours without a pop. And I've camped the ones behind the silver door for roughly six hours too. The ones that do pop either don't drop (0/2 Novv, 0/4 Zuug, 0/3 MNK NM) or the RMTs eat them up. Camping down there isn't as nearly as easy as you or most people think. I've been trying to camp for hairs since they were worth 1.2mil.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 3:22 am 
Even Match
Even Match

hair drop rates does seem gay lately... no drops in last 4 NMs i got down there :x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 6:34 am 
Easy Prey
Easy Prey

Don't forget the recent change they made where the drop rate on items lowers the longer you are in the zone, that could affect it too. Who knows what the time limit is though before you lose "normal" drop rates.

Board index » General Gaming » Gaming Screenshots & Videos