It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:22 am View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » Final Fantasy XIV » Screenshots & Videos

Post subject: Twin down
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:19 pm 
Decent Challenge
Decent Challenge

Pug Life downed her last week and French Toast did tonight. I don't have victory screenies because I'm too used to hopping out of that shit as quickly as possible so post em up!

And of course I gotta brag too cause I got the staff and the bow this week. Loot whore ftw!

Attachments:
lootwhore.jpg
lootwhore.jpg [ 304.9 KiB | Viewed 6335 times ]

Post subject: Re: Twin down
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:36 am 
Decent Challenge
Decent Challenge

Nice, Grats!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:47 am 
Crumpet
Crumpet

Loot whore? Pfft.

I got 3 Allagan weapons on one character!

But grats to everyone. I'm extremely happy that more FC groups are finally downing Twintania, even if it did take so long. The best part is that once you beat it once, everything starts to "click", you'll start beating it within an hour or so, and before long you'll be one-shotting it each week.

Just don't all quit at once.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:07 am 
Decent Challenge
Decent Challenge

I quit.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:11 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Im happy we have more groups beating it! It felt really good to finally finish it last night. Grats to Ath on the 2 allagan weapons this week! The bow is the best looking weapon IMO.

I'm pretty excited about the disco light drop.

Last edited by Kluya on Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:42 am 
Even Match
Even Match

the login boss is really what slowed both groups down, shes a real bitch!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:13 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

^^ truth

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:22 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Yah, just took time. I think if you compare the amount of time actually spent in the zone, the teams sort of match up. Just getting people to stick around enough long enough to grind your teeth on it was the struggle. That and not bringing a new person each week :D

Not going to say we'll be one-shotting, it or anything, but knowing we -can- beat it provides a huge mental edge/relief to the whole thing. Also not having unused weapons drop is nice, as that extra bit of dps will help for each time you do it.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:39 am 
Meat Miq'abob
Meat Miq'abob

I got woken up by screams, I thought someone was killing ridere, Ran downstairs and ridere said that you guys beat T5. (dramatization may not have happened)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:43 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

haha.

I heard you walking around, so I yelled up there to you!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:06 pm 
Decent Challenge
Decent Challenge

Ketrebu wrote:
Just don't all quit at once.

Too late. Cancelled sub! MORE WOW NOWZ!!11!!1

Jk :-b

Just need next patch to come out already so more to do

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:59 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Yeah people should be playing more with the next patch. I'm excited for it irl.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:09 pm 
Even Match
Even Match

took us awhile, but as you can see from the screenshot below, TWIN DOWN! lol

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:25 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Funny story. Kitty and I played WoW during the WotLK expansion in some carebear guild. Lots of social events, lots of real nice people, each and every one of them was pretty terrible at the game, though. Or at least a lot were.

We'd go back and do level 60 raids for fun. I don't remember how much we spent wiping to those twins as level 80 geared people, but we did. It was pretty terrible. We eventually did down it, but man... what a mess.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:41 pm 
Easy Prey
Easy Prey

Ah my eyes hurt from that screen shot damn it's been awhile since WOW. I did like the time I spent playing it though loved my fury warrior.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:45 pm 
Onionhead
Onionhead

good job guys! how many hours did you put in to finally beat it? ive probably put in between 3 and 5 hours altogether on turn 5. still consistently dying to the 10k damage of simultaneous death sentence/auto attack/plummet. we've witnessed divebombs two or three times, but that wipes half the party if we get that far.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:15 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Hmm. I don't know. You need to log quite a bit of hours, and it's really a matter of basically having each phase mastered before moving onto the next. There will still be the occasional mess up. Our team had conflags on lock down, and yet yesterday I misplaced Garuda, died to a fireball, which threw me off my game, and I almost missed running into the conflag again with a second fireball. Though I died to the conflag anyway, since I had low HP. It happens.

It's hard to guess just how much time we spent in there. In all honesty, not a ton. We went through with different healers each and every time for a while, so we never really did anything past conflags, and swapped out a few DPS, too. So we trained a whole ton of people on the first two phases, but never really got past it.

Once we got our core group of 8/8, I'd say we spent less than 15 hours hammering it out, in all honesty. Give or take a few, I suppose.

I'm not sure what to tell you on the 10k damage thing. Your main tank should be running inside the conflags, so they don't take damage from the big moves, and if you time Twin's Plummet with hitting 85% of twin's life, and then breaking the necklace just before she does her next Death Sentance, then you should have your timing right for ignoring Death Sentances during the conflag phase, for the most part.

I imagine you all are having timing issues.

But yah. You really need to perfect one phase and get it practically down to muscle memory, before you can work much on the next phase. That's the hardest part.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:39 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Sadly it just takes a lot of practice and repetition like Rid said. Most of our practice sessions were for 1-2 hours. We rarely exceeded that because people started getting tired and sloppy after a certain amount of time.

I don't know what to say about the death sentance/auto attack/plummet thing Whisp. It's definately a crappy part of the fight. It boils down to timing cooldowns and coordination between healers. We still sometimes have our main tank go from 100% health to 0 in a microsecond. But it's pretty rare once you get all the timing down. Zaelsynth tells us when he has no cooldowns before death sentance, so the healers know to blast him with strong heals, virus, eye for an eye, etc. I usually lustrate to top him off instantly after in case a plummet follows. He usually doesn't run into that problem until the dreadknight phase though.

Ridere wrote:
Hmm. I don't know. You need to log quite a bit of hours, and it's really a matter of basically having each phase mastered before moving onto the next. There will still be the occasional mess up. Our team had conflags on lock down, and yet yesterday I misplaced Garuda, died to a fireball, which threw me off my game, and I almost missed running into the conflag again with a second fireball. Though I died to the conflag anyway, since I had low HP. It happens.

That was the highlight of my night. Poor Rid lol. Rarely/never screws up like that and got bombarded by everybody RID!!! WTF ARE YOU DOING!!!??? I was cracking up irl.

My other favorite death of the night is when Spy got plummeted during dreadknight phase. Then he got raised, and immediately died to twister.

Last edited by Kluya on Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:57 pm 
Decent Challenge
Decent Challenge

Running in during conflag for DS during Conflag Stage helps save a bit of MP, but you'll still run into the issue during Dread/Twister phase. Best to get used to the damage burst early on so used to it for dread/twister phase.

Things I do to lessen Az getting one-shotted
- ensure Virus or Eye for an Eye is applied before DS (this covers the initial 3 DS).
- always have Adlo up before DS while having a second Adlo pre-casted/timed so a shield is applied immediately after DS is up. Lustrate if need be to get hp above 50% (and give time for WHM's heal to land)

One thing that really helps but requires a bit of co-ordination is to have Stoneskin up at the same time as Adlo; ideally by WHM (though paladin's stoneskin does just fine)
I believe when Adlo and Stoneskin buffs are up, Adlo is checked first before Stoneskin is checked for any damage absorbing -- with good timing, you essentially can have 750 shield, stoneskin (800 or 1400), 750 shield to mitigate every DS encounter and immediate following attack Twin does.

Add Virus/Eye for an Eye + Storm's Path Debuff + Rage of Halone Debuff means you should rarely get one shot. Add SCH bubble for another 10% and should be set (30 second cool down lines up with DS timer)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:41 pm 
Star-Spangled Subligar
Star-Spangled Subligar

Awesome work everyone!

The race is now on for the next set of coil raids. WHO WILL BE FIRST TO THE TOP?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:29 am 
Crumpet
Crumpet

Is that all of the main coil groups finally have Twin down?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:39 am 
Tough!
Tough!

All the main ones yea, our hodge pudge group of misfits are still considering the prospect :)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:08 am 
Onionhead
Onionhead

cheeseburgers is still stuck in conflag phase

even though i say death sentence wipes us, you could say thats more of the final nail in the coffin. really we still have a lot of work to do on conflags. just as a whole group. we probably misplace the conflag more than half of the time. placing all 3 conflags correctly usually happens like once or twice per night (and then divebombs we're like chickens with our heads cut off lol). just somethin we gotta work on i guess.

once we can get conflags down, as a group, then we'll be able to keep the tank alive through death sentences easier.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:49 am 
Onionhead
Onionhead

i'd say our biggest issue is actually that people aren't noticing conflag symbol over their head. not pointing a finger at anyone, because it's the whole group. probably just something to keep practicing and practicing until we start noticing conflag is happening every time.

then its a domino effect, conflag lands on top of a group of 4, maybe one DPS noticed and sidesteps in time, still not enough people to DPS the conflag, conflag knocks out half the party, the other healer is busy raising and curing, and the tank isnt getting any love, tank drops to the next death sentence due to insufficient mitigation spells, and then we wipe.

i had originally thought death sentence was the problem, but really it's the above. this is good though. this is fixable! with practice!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:05 am 
Crumpet
Crumpet

It helps to learn when the Conflag symbol is coming.

The fireball/conflag phase is in a strict order (providing your DPS is consistent). Minus the occasional time (like 5%) where a plummet during the transition phase messes up the timing, the fireballs and conflags are always in the exact same order.

Much like divebombs, when you're aware it's about to appear in the next 5 seconds or so, you can spot it a lot easier. It's very easy to "tunnel vision" yourself in fights like these. It would probably be really handy to have at least one person in your group learn the conflag order/timing and have them call it out over VC just before it happens.

EDIT: If I recall correctly. A Conflag is 25 seconds from when it was last destroyed, and a Death Sentence is every 30 seconds. You might be able to set up ACT to time this? I dunno.

Board index » Final Fantasy XIV » Screenshots & Videos