It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:52 am View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » Final Fantasy XIV » Screenshots & Videos

Post subject: The Truth - CKD vs Phoenix (T12)
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:28 am 
DL Hughley

The mechanics in this fight are fun because they make sense. The story of the enemy itself (and how it came to be...) is also pretty fantastic, and after the misappropriation of Diabolos and Fenrir it's nice to see a Final Fantasy standard get its due.

After watching this again I'm mostly amazed at the number of times Kayne and I were a half step from getting obliterated by tank AOEs. I just remember saying "HoOHly shit" a few times during the fight. This is why I give Ket such a wide berth around 8:30.

My game sound was a little messed up going into this fight so some sound effect layers are missing. Also, I'm back on mostly filtered party effects due to the amount of crap going on.

Post subject: Re: The Truth - CKD vs Phoenix (T12)
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:18 pm 
Even Match
Even Match

You cant hear it, or really see it, but at about the 12 minute Mark my boy ask's me, "why are you yelling at a guy named Art?" lol YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:33 pm 
DL Hughley

Yeah, the "ART YOU BONEHEAD" warcry is why I stayed well away until that was all straightened out. lol

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:48 pm 
Crumpet
Crumpet

We won that on the first pull after going back in. Which meant it was right after I was telling Pie that "zomgs we got it to 8%" and she was all "well go back in there and win then", and win we did!

But yeah, after we got it to 8% and died to the enrage timer instead of wiping, that's when I was like "shit, we might actually win".

I have loads of fun rewatching these win videos from a different perspective so I can look for all the crap that nearly wiped us; people almost dying, taking brand when they shouldn't and the panic of getting it back, having no room at all to stand thanks to the shitty edge fountain placement, lol.

I'll be honest though, we really should have won long before now. I'm pretty sure we've only ever gotten to the last phase, like, less than 10 times? We didn't even wipe to the adds phase that much really, maybe 10-20 times there. The other 100-150+ or something wipes were all in the first phase for mostly silly reasons.

P.S. Cutscenes were amazeballs, and I feel like the 1.0-End of an Era arc is finally all tied up and it makes me feel whole again after spending the past almost two and a half years wanting my 1.0 ending arc to be tied up. Just one more turn to go omgs!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:56 pm 
DL Hughley

Yeah I trimmed the start of the video so you can still see Nopple saying to go back in and win. I couldn't include the usual fancy intro/outro because it was causing an odd black screen problem like on the T11 vid where Jesus appears.

Need PSN maintenance to end so I can log out and cut together a video of the cutscenes from T9 ending through T12 ending.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:59 pm 
Star-Spangled Subligar
Star-Spangled Subligar

That's an awesome group.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:26 pm 
DL Hughley

Ketrebu wrote:
I have loads of fun rewatching these win videos from a different perspective so I can look for all the crap that nearly wiped us; people almost dying, taking brand when they shouldn't and the panic of getting it back, having no room at all to stand thanks to the shitty edge fountain placement, lol.

The bit at 8:20 where I turn completely around was me dodging debris from tankswapsplosion irl. I thought I died. lol

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:56 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Yarr wrote:
That's an awesome group.

Seriously you guys finally got the right people together to tear shit up quickly and easily. Very nice work!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:45 pm 
Even Match
Even Match

Kluya wrote:
Seriously you guys finally got the right people together to tear shit up quickly and easily. Very nice work!

There is no quick or easy, srsly! ](*,)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:14 pm 
DL Hughley

I should have made this the week we beat T12, since now nobody will click on this topic, but eh.

This isn't all the cutscenes, but this is the reason for the name of the thread. This is the End of an Era fmv cut together with the truth of what happened after Louisoix teleported the Warriors of Light away from Carteneau.

Obviously, spoilers.

and a bit of explanation...

Spoiler: show
When the seal of the Guardians was destroyed a huge amount of aether was suspended above Carteneau. This power, the prayers of the people there and around the world, and Louisoix's wish to protect the realm transformed him into the primal Phoenix, god of Rebirth. He slew Bahamut and returned the aether to the Earth, but before the deed was done Bahamut reached out from the brink of death and stole what aether he could to survive and rebuild, while enslaving the soul of Louisoix before he could slip into a peaceful death on his own terms. In turn 12 we defeat his divine form and free him from Bahamut's control.

Board index » Final Fantasy XIV » Screenshots & Videos