It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:36 am View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » Community » Teh IRL™ Boards

Post subject: Re: The You Thread™
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:07 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

K, see you guys in Vegas. Lots of 30 this year.

Whisp the ferris bueller pic is awesome.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:55 pm 
Star-Spangled Subligar
Star-Spangled Subligar

lol yeah the Ferris Bueller pic never gets old.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:32 pm 
Incredibly Tough!
Incredibly Tough!

I demand stories and pictures from ppl who never posted pics much before, IE ANYONE WHOS NAME STARTS WITH A K. . . .Hint.

Kio
Ket
Kitty
Krellis
etc. . . .

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:21 pm 
Honey Muffin
Honey Muffin

(Thanks for the offer, but I'll have to pass)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:17 am 
Crumpet
Crumpet

You know, my picture was on here before once. 6-7 years ago or whenever it was. Was a picture of me and my sister, I remember it.

No idea where it's gone. Maybe it was on Yarr's imageboard that exploded. If you missed it, oh well!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:01 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

I remember Ket posting pictures of his house and it looked very nice. It was in the irl thread a long time ago.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:18 pm 
DL Hughley

You can't go to Vegas without me. I may not be turning 30 but everybody at my bar thought I was in my 40s til I told them otherwise. Gotta count for something.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:25 pm 
". . ."
". . ."

:o

Last edited by Viviti on Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:58 pm 
Star-Spangled Subligar
Star-Spangled Subligar

That sounds like an awesome place to work.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:42 pm 
". . ."
". . ."

It really is, there aren't alot of stores anymore that carry anything older than say PS2 generation games and stuff, but at my store we do everything from original Atari 2600 games, systems, etc all the way up to current stuff, along with rarities and things you typically have to find online like neo-geo games, panasonic 3D0 stuff, etc.

It's great getting to see parents getting their children systems and games to play that I myself played 20+ years ago, haha.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:13 am 
I;m in cobr a kuy dogo
I;m in cobr a kuy dogo

Let me try and do this with as little grammar and spelling mistakes as possaible. But if I didn't then it really wouldn't have been me then?

Well right now I'm 25. 26 on July 4th. I'm sadly Yarr's/Brian's Brother irl. The better looking and stronger sibling of the clan.

I started to hear about this FFXI game from (for the threads sake I'll say Yarr lol) Yarr about how cool this and that was going to be in this new FFXI game that was coming out. Now, what Yarr does (and still does to this day) is, he tries to get me pumped about something he likes so I will try it out and then he can have someone to talk to about it. So anyway. He told me all about this game and how he scored his way into the beta and how I should try it when he goes to work. I was in still in high school at the time and only worked a part time job (if that). I also didn't even have my own PC at the time either. So I created a Warrior Mitra named Vixon or something gay. So I was liking the game plus Yarr coming home and talking it up even more got me excited for the NA launch. So I think I got my own comp for my Birthday and I remember getting so excited for Yarr to go all the way to Toronto to get it (cause it was all sold out everywhere) that I had goten such a headache I couldn't even play when I did get it. . . . Oh ya I even remember Yarr saying "You can be a warrior and I'll we a white mage and we can duo right to 75 and get so far ahead of people who have to wait for others to party." haha dumbass.

So I remember getting a "Onery Sheep" shell (that how you spell it?) with some IGN Mod buddies of Yarr's to have to fall apart pretty quick. Me and Yarr were a package deal for a long time so when he got a Hokuten pearl I got one too. All the Names where in there and we were too now.
Now there is a huge debate with who Yarr gave the first CKD pearl to after creating it. I have always said it was me. I believe this cause I remeber Yarr /telling me stuff like "Piro is being a fag" and stuff and that everyone agrees with him. So he secretly made a LS pearl named CobraKaiDojo. I remember I was in Qufim (spelling? i dunno) and he came to me when I was lvling another job and said "Take this pearl and equip it for a sec so I can make it a sac then put your Hokuten one back on. I'm going to try and take everyone with me." Then he spent that night running around and giving key people pearls. I didn't equip it till he said to so I guess thats where all you retards think you got the first one.

Well I was alot of jobs in CKD. SAM BST and their fav BRD. I remember while I was lvling my bst I was having troubles lvling it in the dunes so this BLM from my brother's perma came to help me out. That BLM was Mikey. He said he was just going to read a book as he healed me once and a while and not to think anything of it. And for anyone who says they know me in FFXI. Mikey and I were best buds. And Still are to this day. CKD grew and we did alot of stuff. Can't help but look back on those glory days you know?

Well after CKD was falling apart and I was getting harrassed for Calling people out on cheating I became the bad guy for some reason. So I played some WoW beta and loved it. Mainly cause I wasn't being picked on. lol I evenually got mikey to help me sell my gear and charater. He hated every second of it. Sorry buddy lol. Mikey Bused from NYC to my place all the time. for birthdays and even holiday events to escape his family lol. My family loved Mikey and still does. Heck my parents went to NYC and Mikey met up with them and showed them all around and introduced them to his family. My parents were have dinner with his mom and brother lol. Kind of a crazy thought from where we first met.

I used that money I got from FFXI to move accross the country to where my other brother lived and start anew. Without video games and to date more lol. I lived in Alberta for 2.5 years and loved every second of it. I kept in contact with Mikey and I still say I couldn't have started that with out him.

After finshing a job I did chemical spraying for I figured it was time to grow up and go back to school for a career. So I packed my gear up moved back to Ontario while loosing my Religion. Also if you knew me in FFXI I didn't swear lol. I did alot of "F??ks" and "S??t" cause I just didn't.

Then I went to Ontario to reinvent myself again.

Then I went to College for Police Foundations. I had my first beer at 23 and a few other other firsts. I met my Girlfriend of two years there after making out with her best friend in front of her. Not the best move lol but it got us talking and the rest is history lol. I graduated and moved back to the parents place. Right now I'm working to get out of there and into a place with my GF.

I work Security in a mental hospital. I watch and tackle mentally ill people all day lol. I'm doing it right now. I'm working a over night shift watching a woman who broke a plasic container and tried to stab the staff a day earlier. lol That is why I typed so much cause I have three more hours still till I'm off. heh Once I get all the experience I can from here I'll apply to be Toronto Police Officer.

Sorry I wrote so much. Why not eh? I don't post here much anymore.

I'll also have to post pics later when I'm home.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:54 am 
Father of Evil Twin Tarus & 1 Mastermind

awesome stories to read Talisin.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:27 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

That was a very good read Talisin. Thanks for sharing.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:35 am 
Onionhead
Onionhead

Yea Talisin, thanks :)
I remember the day that our perma BLM Nippler didn't show up to exp. We waited and waited and sent tells and finally he responded that he joined another party. This was after about 2 months of exp like 5 times a week. So it was a big surprise.
I /sea all BLM 45-55 or something like that and saw Mikey patiently LFG. I remembered him from an exp party and also from the hilarious yet sad Ancient Papyrus hunt. So I sent him a tell and he joined us. The rest of the party seemed against us welcoming a new BLM into the perma but it didn't take long til we realized Mikey was ... a bit ... "special."
I've probably stated this before, probably even in this same thread. But I think it's need that one LFG I did led to you and Mikey's parents meeting.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:44 pm 
I;m in cobr a kuy dogo
I;m in cobr a kuy dogo

A Quick picture of me and the GF.

Pic of me and Mikey at my College Graduation. Yup he spent 10 hours on a bus to be there lol

A pic of me and Yarr on his Wedding Day lol. I didn't ask to post this but what ever. Yarr and his best man lol.

I guess that is it lol.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:58 pm 
Star-Spangled Subligar
Star-Spangled Subligar

WHO IS TALISIN? I ALMOST REMEMEBER THAT NAME

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:21 pm 
Onionhead
Onionhead

:)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:27 am 

is that yarr on left?

Awesome picture tal

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:46 pm 
Star-Spangled Subligar
Star-Spangled Subligar

Pantherxx wrote:
is that yarr on left?

Awesome picture tal

Well, its not me in the other two pictures, so I'll let you guess that on your own.

I dont like that picture at all lol. I dont like any of my wedding pictures. I can see the fear in my eyes. My poor scared eyes haha. I was very nervous to get up in front of ALL my friends and family. I was nervous all night about my speach at dinner. I didnt write anything, I just had some bullet points and thats it. Once I did get up and start talking that all went away.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:56 pm 

Yarr wrote:
Pantherxx wrote:
is that yarr on left?

Awesome picture tal

Well, its not me in the other two pictures, so I'll let you guess that on your own.

I dont like that picture at all lol. I dont like any of my wedding pictures. I can see the fear in my eyes. My poor scared eyes haha. I was very nervous to get up in front of ALL my friends and family. I was nervous all night about my speach at dinner. I didnt write anything, I just had some bullet points and thats it. Once I did get up and start talking that all went away.

my bad I meant to say "Is that yarr on left on 3rd picture" sorry lol

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:41 am 
I;m in cobr a kuy dogo
I;m in cobr a kuy dogo

You should feel about that. for some reason

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:10 am 
Decent Challenge
Decent Challenge

hey man, cool idea of a thread. funny how i stil like coming back here and we dont really know eachother. short introductions only mean so much, but here goes.

23/m/seattle.

ill start with how i met you guys. my friend bought c&c renegade and i instantly became addicted to competitive video gaming. i became one of the best players and got my name there - mrcoda. i moved to E&B and AC2 but both games got shut down and waited for FF11.
I was too competitive so i didnt make many friends. just gathered people together for leveling and HNM troops really. thank to you guys like mikey who helped me do the missions. after the thief knife drama i moved to WoW and did the competitive thing there. became top of server in pvp, pve, first endgame raid leader. peejo, kailyn, tooyoo, and some others actually came to my server but didnt play hardcore.
im doing a dust 514 guild now. after a few years of no games i figured out this is all i got.

my real life is a bit different. did uni in seattle and spent three straight years workin to get into an ivyleague lawschool. did all sorts of stuff like martial arts, fraternity, yoga, student government, work for city prosecutor`s office. studied abroad at uni of tokyo and things stopped bein good from there.
hit severe depression for a few years. bombed the law school admission test and got into a local lawschool. im in my second year of lawschool now and its been a riot. got mediocre grades, lost competitions, three motorcycle accidents, one car accident, depression relapses, family and gf drama. doin a private investigation job with a good boss so hopefully things look up. i also realized i just enjoy playing competitive games so now im doing this elite dust 514 guild. fun fun.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:00 pm 
Youre a Crappy HNM like Roc or something
Youre a Crappy HNM like Roc or something

Hi. I'm 30 also.

I live in FL, and I have for the last ten years. I grew up mostly in CA, and moved to OK when I was almost 16. I joined the Navy from there and lived in San Diego from Dec '99 to Feb '02. I jumped across the country and have been here ever since.

I am a helicopter mechanic in the Navy, though I don't actually do much wrench turning anymore. I am shop supervisor for the Quality Assurance work center.

I played FFXI from NA release until last year. I loved playing, and I could almost always be found with Galindar, who is my best friend irl. We took forever to level up, though I somehow slipped into CKD when I was about level 50. I played with Kayne and Vurin very early on, and a few others. I was in Friend LS, then Hokuten, then CKD. I tried to avoid the drama that everyone else was involved in, so I was quiet most of the time.

After CKD broke up, I went where the majority of my friends where, to Atariii, then later joined FS for new game experiences. It turns out, it was the same game. I talked the wife into playing, and she played on Kyleigh for about a year and took DRG to 75. By that time I had PLD WAR MNK DRG RDM to 75.

I gave my character away about a year ago, but I have recently been interested in playing again. Then I think about how much of a hassle it would be, and I don't do it. I may pick up XIV in the future if I can upgrade my PC, but I don't know when.

Pics irl...

Attachments:
File comment: M<y youngest son and I.
270749_10150266733087206_784322205_7416699_7678248_n.jpg
270749_10150266733087206_784322205_7416699_7678248_n.jpg [ 71.42 KiB | Viewed 4978 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:17 pm 
DL Hughley

I've lived in Minnesota 3 years, it sucks. I've had a day job (no longer a bouncer) since last July, it sucks too! I'm moving to a new apartment in a few weeks. It doesn't suck. My new computer sucks, this windows 8, I don't like it.

My car sucks too. I never learned to drive until I moved here. I got the driver's license with just the written test thanks to a clerical error at the DMV and took one lesson after realizing the house in which I was renting a room was being condemned. I had 10 days to learn to drive and find a place of my own, I've been in this apartment two years. My new apartment is very close to work, right now I drive 35-45 minutes each way and spend well over $200/month on gas with little to no recreational driving.

I am now 28. Yarr looks kind of like my cousin Scott. I miss good pizza, superior public transit, and the ocean.

I have only seen NJ once since 2010.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:38 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

I think there's a show on TV you can watch if you miss NJ, DL. :D

Ponuh wrote:
i love how half of this thread is about racism in america and the other half is pictures of kittens

Board index » Community » Teh IRL™ Boards