It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:21 pm View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » Community » Teh IRL™ Boards

Post subject: Undertale
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:58 pm 
Spammer, to the max!

I have never in my life played a game that was so over-hyped that actually lived up to it. I figured I'd pop in and just leave this here for anyone that has not gotten this game yet. It is a MUST BUY! It is a MUST PLAY! It will be a staple in a class of its own and an instant classic. It really is that superb of a game. And if you have not personally played it you are doing yourself a disservice as a gamer.

* If you remember that whoa experience the 1st time you played Final Fantasy as a kid or got introduced to RPGs - Play Undertale.

* If you remember that "whoa" emotion the first time you jumped into game experiences like the first time you were introduced to the massive expanse of Halo, that "dangerous to go alone, take this" of Zelda, that "OMG, my decisions mattered?!?!" of games like Fable with surprises like Mass Effect...Play Undertale. What I am saying here is Undertale evokes an emotion that will remain in your memory and cherished like these games, the mechanics of the game itself are different but easy to play. No sitting around figuring out for hours how to best equip yourself, no backtracking forever for that special sidequest, no achievement to tryhard or OCD into. The game is just damn enjoyable from start to finish.

It is an RPG, but it isn't a grind fest, some of it is linear, and it can be completed in under 5 hours to those really racing through it....and there are different endings. Sometimes we get so lost in those grinds and massive worlds that we forgot the experience of the story that made games like Zelda and Final Fantasy so great. Undertale accomplishes this and even makes gamers question the very philosophy of EXP and LVL. This game grabs you, and it intelligently goes deeper in a way no game has done before. The soundtrack is amazing! Complete with nuances and nods to Earthbound, Super Smash, Zelda, and Final Fantasy, Mega Man, Mario, Super Smash....it is just incredible composing and musical scoring. The commentary is amazing, the way it is put together and crafted is art in itself. It has been a very very very very very long time since I have played a game so worthy of praise, so good at tugging at my emotions, superb in reviving the nostalgia that was my childhood...it truly is an instant classic. Find it on Steam and happy holidays!

http://undertale.com/

:bow:

:popcorn:

Post subject: Re: Undertale
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 8:54 am 
Easy Prey
Easy Prey

A bunch of my friends have been telling me about this game for months; I just haven't pulled the trigger on it yet. I should since it's only a 15-20 hour game, right?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:11 pm 
Spammer, to the max!

I wanna say less... buy it! Right NAO! PLAY IT soon as you buy it.....load it up, do not let it sit in your "games to play" or "steam folder." You will be missing a truly awesome experience. I do not speak up for a lot usually. Metal Gear, Fallout, etc all have what I expected. Some a little above expectations but the gameplay, story, etc., were within my realm of "played something similar." They are good games. Undertale offered something new and fresh to gaming. It was $9.99 and blew me away. Let me know what you think of it by next week. See if it lived up to the hype for you. It did for me, I was actually impressed. ;p

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:47 pm 
Easy Prey
Easy Prey

Problem; I don't pay full price for Steam games, ever. I don't buy unless it's more than 50% off since they run sales all the time. :(

EDIT: How's the music career going? You dropped off of FB years ago and haven't heard anything from you in a while(other than here really). I still have the old NP and gaming mags I got from you way back in the FS days! :D

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 7:49 am 
Spammer, to the max!

Wow so much has changed, and some things are the same.

As far as music, I still do it but it now more on the side - and it is mainly doing V/O engineering for others for commercials and telephone on-holds etc. Really just local level stuff; car dealership here, new doctor's office there...etc. etc.

In some ways I have settled down and become the boring workaholic. I hardly utilize my Facebook as I have really no interesting posts or anything and I usually just use the messenger among friends to communicate. And I am notorious for scrubbing it once a year or so with people I talk to on the regular and people I don't. Still take my time to enjoy some games tho. Auspice, Check PM's.

Board index » Community » Teh IRL™ Boards