It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:07 pm View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » Community » Teh IRL™ Boards

Post subject: Hey there
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:02 am 
Too Weak
Too Weak

So I just wanted to say hey to y'all. It's been quite a while since my last visit. I'm truck driving again. Been listening to my FFXIV soundtrack that I got w/ my PS3 collector's edition and I've been missing everyone, as well as the game. How goes things these days? I'd get a PS4 again and return for a bit, but alas I have not the time. Maybe once I can find a local job letting me be home every night, but until then y'all take care.

FFXIV ~
Katsuhide Autumnborn
&
Shumi Autumnborn
CKD // Hyperion

Post subject: Re: Hey there
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:02 pm 
Easy Prey
Easy Prey

I haven't played since I "beat" the Heavensward MSQ; I'm afraid at how much I'm going to have to get caught up on. lol

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:27 pm 
Too Weak
Too Weak

They were still gearing up NIN and such when I took a break. It was only supposed to be a break, but then I sold my PS4 to catch up on rent. I didn't really have to, but I figured it the responsible thing to do. I'm sure I'd feel almost overwhelmed if I were to return soon. I wouldn't even know where to start other than the main story line. I think that's one of the things I miss most aside from when being able to do things with the FC.

FFXIV ~
Katsuhide Autumnborn
&
Shumi Autumnborn
CKD // Hyperion

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 1:43 am 
Easy Prey
Easy Prey

Hey Kats, It's been a while man. Hope all is well.

Auspice wrote:
I haven't played since I "beat" the Heavensward MSQ; I'm afraid at how much I'm going to have to get caught up on. lol

That''s pretty much how I feel haha, I'm always tempted to fire up 14 again just for Heavensward, but the fact I'm so far behind keeps putting me off. I'm guessing the average Ilvl is around 200 nowadays lol, I was 90 when I stopped playing.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 2:46 pm 
Crumpet
Crumpet

Hi guys.

The actual Heavensward expansion (pre-endgame) is pretty fantastic. It's definitely worth doing even if you immediately stopped playing afterwards. The main story quests are good, the story is good, the dungeons and the zones are all good.

Post-60 isn't a huge amount of content to get caught up on. The MSQ each patch has been pretty short, and the gear is a lot faster to acquire than it was 8 months ago so you'd catch up there pretty quickly.

Current non-upgraded tomestone gear is iLvl 230.

At least with the dreaded "treadmill" everybody likes to be down on FF14 for lately: You can never really be "too far behind" because all gear progression essentially resets every 3-6 months.

----

Very few people are playing right now though.

We had a huge stretch of no new content after Heavensward. About 6 months instead of the usual 3. And Heavensward's post-60 end game was really lacking on content. The only end-game raid was tuned extremely high, it was too hard for 99% of players, and there wasn't a huge reason to put forth all the effort and frustration to beat it either.

And then when they finally released Patch 3.1 it was... pretty bad. They added two new dungeons (both of which nobody liked), they added "Diadem" which lost it's appeal after about a week once people realised how grindy it was, and a new gimmicky thing to the gold saucer which people were bored of after a day or two. And lastly, Void Ark, the new "Crystal Tower" 24-man raid was... okay, but it didn't have the same wow-factor crystal tower did on top of a few initially-annoying bosses and people just did it once a week for their weekly and that's it.

It was such a long wait (6 months), with very little end-game to play (just Savage Gordias -- which was too hard for 99% of people), for such a lacklustre patch (3.1) that it drove tons of people away. Couldn't blame anyone really.

Patch 3.2 has rolled along now and the quality of the content itself has quite improved even if the quantity hasn't. We have another 2 new dungeons that are pretty decent and fun, and they added another new set of Alexander raids (Midas) that are actually pretty fun (at least compared to Gordias). I have a ton of fun with the last boss there in particular, it's worth not spoiling.

We also have a few new "extreme primals" to play around with, Thordan (EX version of the HW final boss), and Sephirot (one of FF6's three war of the magi statues, not to be confused with Sephiroth.)

I'd say with 3.2 things are starting to look up again, but things are still really quiet. It might take another good patch or two for people to come back. If you guys wanna come catch up on stuff, great, and I'll help anybody with anything they need, but just don't expect a lot of people online.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 6:10 pm 
Easy Prey
Easy Prey

Yeah; the fight with Fiend/Doom/Sephirot looked really neat. I'm hoping they add the other 2 in the Warring Triad eventually. :D

Board index » Community » Teh IRL™ Boards