It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:15 pm View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » Community » Computers & Technology

Post subject: Re: Got a new mouse
PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:17 pm 
Onionhead
Onionhead

i got the pinkie grip for the rat 5 that you mentioned. i definitely like that add-on. they ship the pinkie-rest with it. FYI it requires a 3/32" hex key to remove the original part, which is probably in your toolbox, or pretty cheap at home depot.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:26 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

I have a really cool Razer Naga with lots of buttons, macros, etc and it's barely larger than a regular mouse. It's very comfortable and not too flasy looking (aside from the lights). Sadly it broke after less than a year lol.

I started noticing it when coding in notepad. It would register all of my single clicks as double clicks and annoy the holy hell out of me. It would highlight blocks of text when I was only trying to move the cursor. I dealt with it for a while, but it was so frustrating. I adjusted the click settings in windows thinking it was that. Then I went online checking to see if it was a driver error, and found it's a common hardware problem with the mouse. I replaced it with a cheap $10 mouse and that fixed the problem. Sadly it's not the same...I miss tha Naga.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:46 pm 
Meat Miq'abob
Meat Miq'abob

Whisp wrote:
i got the pinkie grip for the rat 5 that you mentioned. i definitely like that add-on. they ship the pinkie-rest with it. FYI it requires a 3/32" hex key to remove the original part, which is probably in your toolbox, or pretty cheap at home depot.

yah the rat 7 has a hex key where the weights are, you unscrew that and use it to adjust the rest of the mouse. kinda nifty idea so you wont loose it later on.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:02 pm 
Honey Muffin
Honey Muffin

Kluya wrote:
I have a really cool Razer Naga with lots of buttons, macros, etc and it's barely larger than a regular mouse. It's very comfortable and not too flasy looking (aside from the lights). Sadly it broke after less than a year lol.

I started noticing it when coding in notepad. It would register all of my single clicks as double clicks and annoy the holy hell out of me. It would highlight blocks of text when I was only trying to move the cursor. I dealt with it for a while, but it was so frustrating. I adjusted the click settings in windows thinking it was that. Then I went online checking to see if it was a driver error, and found it's a common hardware problem with the mouse. I replaced it with a cheap $10 mouse and that fixed the problem. Sadly it's not the same...I miss tha Naga.

I had Logitech mice that did that same thing. A bit of plastic under the buttons wears over time, usually between 1-2 years of use. Logitech always replaces mine for free on warranty though (i'm on my 4th replacement >.>), you should have tried that for Razer. Especially for the more expensive mice. Logitech products always break on me within a short period of use, but I have to say at least they have excellent customer service. All you have to do is keep a copy of your receipt which is easy to do if you bought it online, they don't ask for it to be RMA'ed back or anything, they just take your word for it. Actually, if you're a douche you probably could really take advantage of that for free mice lol.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:50 am 
I;m in cobr a kuy dogo
I;m in cobr a kuy dogo

I still have my and use my keyboard and mouse from when I played FFXI......

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:56 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Kioko wrote:
I had Logitech mice that did that same thing. A bit of plastic under the buttons wears over time, usually between 1-2 years of use. Logitech always replaces mine for free on warranty though (i'm on my 4th replacement >.>), you should have tried that for Razer. Especially for the more expensive mice. Logitech products always break on me within a short period of use, but I have to say at least they have excellent customer service. All you have to do is keep a copy of your receipt which is easy to do if you bought it online, they don't ask for it to be RMA'ed back or anything, they just take your word for it. Actually, if you're a douche you probably could really take advantage of that for free mice lol.

Nice, I read online people RMA'd and got Razer to fix the mouse. The only reason I haven't done that yet, is my wife actually bought me this mouse as a gift. And for some ungodly reason she didn't buy it on Amazon which keeps copies of your reciept.

I'll buy another one since I love the mouse. I wanted the wireless one anyways which costs more. This time i'll keep a copy of the receipt!

Talisin wrote:
I still have my and use my keyboard and mouse from when I played FFXI......

Nice lol

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:04 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

I heard mixed reviews on my Naga Hex. But truth be told, the red led aspect trumped everything else in me buying it. Well, I wanted red leds and programmable buttons. So that pretty much limitted my choices. I do really like the mouse, though.

I just hope it lasts long enough to get my money's worth before it breaks :D

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:16 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Ridere wrote:
I heard mixed reviews on my Naga Hex. But truth be told, the red led aspect trumped everything else in me buying it. Well, I wanted red leds and programmable buttons. So that pretty much limitted my choices. I do really like the mouse, though.

I like the design and the layout of the Hex. It's a good mouse and it feels comfortable. The blue leds of my wired Naga matched my case and keyboard, which I really liked lol.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:34 am 
Onionhead
Onionhead

So I have programmed several actions to the mouse and it makes such a great difference.
Jump: I programmed one button to be the same as space bar
Sprint: I placed sprint on hotbar 5, set it to keybind to |, and then programmed | to the mouse
Mount: I placed mount on hotbar 5, set it to keybind to \, programmed to mouse
Autorun: I programmed R to the thumbwheel (middle wheel was hard to hit when holding down left and right mouse buttons to run, but thumbwheel works great)

Middle mousewheel press I set up to be "claim" so like tomahawk or whatever ranged attack it is. but i set it to do cleric stance or aura swap for the mage jobs. just whatever you find useful.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:55 am 
Meat Miq'abob
Meat Miq'abob

Range move is attached to the big aim button
flash and spirit within on the other two buttons
closest target is my middle button
rampant and convalescene on my thumb wheel

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:56 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Ridere wrote:

So good news, mine works again lol. It fixed with the Razer synapse 2.0 software.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:08 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Nice. haha

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:11 pm 
Meat Miq'abob
Meat Miq'abob

has anybody had any macro mouse issues after patching?

http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/ ... _any_more/

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:26 pm 
Meat Miq'abob
Meat Miq'abob

... and the RAT 7 broke. no longer able to track. it had a good 5 months. stupid thing.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:26 am 
I;m in cobr a kuy dogo
I;m in cobr a kuy dogo

My wife said she is going to get me a new mouse and keyboard for Christmas but i have no idea what is good.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:40 am 
Onionhead
Onionhead

My rat 5 broke yesterday. I already picked up a naga hex. Seems pretty good.

Also my rat 5 is still under warranty. Gonna send it in to be fixed.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:55 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

I've had 2 different Naga and a Logitech G600. I am a huge Naga fanboy. I currently have the 2014 edition and it's my favorite ever.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:57 am 
Meat Miq'abob
Meat Miq'abob

Whisp wrote:
My rat 5 broke yesterday. I already picked up a naga hex. Seems pretty good.

Also my rat 5 is still under warranty. Gonna send it in to be fixed.

what a piece of junk. yeah I put in a repair ticket for mine to. but that means i'll be pratically disabled on ffxiv till i get one. Those new Nagas look tempting. :-({|=

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:44 pm 
Honey Muffin
Honey Muffin

stop breaking your shit Whisp!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:55 pm 
Meat Miq'abob
Meat Miq'abob

got an Anker mouse 9 programable buttons(more like 7) for christmas and so far it seems to be doing an ok job. sometimes ctrl+ keys just go directly to the keys without pressing ctrl. other than that it seems to work fine, ive only ran CT and Qarn so no test in any tanking stuff.

I have yet to return the rat 7 mainly because i dont want to pay for shipping lol.

EDIT: oh yeah no pinky rest so my pinky be draggin' yo.

Board index » Community » Computers & Technology