It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:52 pm View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » Community » Funny & Humorous Stuff

Post subject: Really hilarious picture I found, worth a good hearty laugh
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:06 pm 
Onionhead
Onionhead

Post subject: Re: Really hilarious picture I found, worth a good hearty la
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:38 pm 
Easy Prey
Easy Prey

Pretty much. I hate that place

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:47 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

You know... I actually wouldn't mind walking through the old zones, just to sort of refresh my memory. I also think I wasn't able to see a lot of the extra stuff in 1.0, because so much of them were actually guarded by hard monsters.

It would be nice to kind of just walk around them in a safe way. haha

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:55 pm 
Incredibly Tough!
Incredibly Tough!

This map made me quit 1.0 and want to die irl.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:02 pm 
Decent Challenge
Decent Challenge

The worst zone in any game ever created... Thanks Whisp, for making me remember this.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:23 pm 
Tough!
Tough!

That was 80% of why I stopped playing 1.0 the other 20% was mostly the levelling process - but I agree would be nice to just have a wander around and see it all, never saw all that much of it, and i'm sure it was nice if you could get around it all

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:31 pm 
Onionhead
Onionhead

well, coerthas was the best zone in 1.0, imo. as far as being the most beautiful and least repetitive. the 2.0 garuda fight still has the old coerthas feel to it.

la noscea was not bad. mistbeard cove and cassiopeia were unique and well decorated caves in la noscea that they took out.

Regnar wrote:
i'm sure it was nice if you could get around it all
1.0 was very unrewarding if you ventured out into the wild looking for unique areas.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:07 am 
Decent Challenge
Decent Challenge

Rushal wrote:
The worst zone in any game ever created... Thanks Whisp, for making me remember this.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:06 am 
Tough!
Tough!

I actually like Yuhtunga and Yhoatar but only because it had some nice camping spots for leveling (when there were not 6 groups all fighting for them) However the mandragora there I still have nightmares about

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:17 pm 
Easy Prey
Easy Prey

Fuck the shroud in 1.0. Getting the explorer achievement in 1.0 was awesome but horrifyingly tedious.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:42 am 
Star-Spangled Subligar
Star-Spangled Subligar

I like Yuhtunga for the music and tonberry

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:36 am 
Honey Muffin
Honey Muffin

Shroud wasn't so bad once you've actually traversed it. It was basically just long, and cramped hallways that were all identical to one another. The hallway always funneled you to where you intended to go and not really anywhere else. The map design has all the appearance of a maze but really wasn't.

Jungle in XI was the opposite, it's design looks simple on a map but in reality it was a little bit of a maze. You were forced to go through unmarked locations to get to any destination, and other paths may turn you around in a big circle. If you didn't know which exact way to go, or which hole to fall down, you'd get dangerously lost for while. It was my favorite zone though.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:38 am 
Yarr's bane
Yarr's bane

Kioko wrote:
Shroud wasn't so bad once you've actually traversed it. It was basically just long, and cramped hallways that were all identical to one another. The hallway always funneled you to where you intended to go and not really anywhere else. The map design has all the appearance of a maze but really wasn't.

Jungle in XI was the opposite, it's design looks simple on a map but in reality it was a little bit of a maze. You were forced to go through unmarked locations to get to any destination, and other paths may turn you around in a big circle. If you didn't know which exact way to go, or which hole to fall down, you'd get dangerously lost for while. It was my favorite zone though.

That zone alone.. made me quit, being exposed to it for a week. I was like fuck that lol

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:40 am 
Easy Prey
Easy Prey

For those of you who want to run around the 1.0 areas, there is a server emulator I read about here: http://seventhumbral.org/

It's still super basic and not all zones are implemented(only 5 are so far), but it might be worth checking on if you want that nostalgia. All you can really do is run around.

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/871200/

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:05 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

I may actually be interested in doing that sometime

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:53 am 
Spammer, to the max!

Traversed every area. Got every aethyrite in 1.0. There was some cool stuff but it was soooo disgustingly minimal you'd cry. The Upper NorthWest area was about the only interesting area. Everything past certain points were high level Drakes, Morbold, and Hogs. Had a decent camp in the NorthEast for quick hours of XP I think I took Klu and a few others too when hippocerfs were taken. Meh...memories....

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:00 pm 
Easy Prey
Easy Prey

Totally derailing this thread; Supa, how the hell you been man? I still have all those old Nintendo magazines I bought from you forever ago!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:10 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Holy shit hi Supa

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:25 pm 
Spammer, to the max!

Hello you two! And /wave to others. :) I do view a few things offline. Congrats on Tal's wedding with Mikey and the coconut looking drinks in New York? Yarr...for many years you have had a family within these forums...good to know it is still here. :bow: Ket I hope you are doing well sir, Kioko (/wave...lalafell/taru dance), Kayne and 'Lita, Ruby, Corwin, Klu, Spyder, Krellis, Ridere and Kitty, Dmitry y Armani, Deadlegend, Madi congratz on that screaming laptop if u got it, and Whisp...a doctorate...whoa Dr. Whisp...congratz man. To others, I also wish you all the best. :) Auspice, glad you kept the mags since they are probably some kind of collectible but I developed a thing against really having too much stuff. But I am glad they are getting value in your possession. :)

And to others, "Hello." :) I have been busy dating and working like everyone else. Feeling older. I honestly do not game much anymore. Sold my Xbox 360 and man I will miss those achievements, all the microsoft points spent in the arcade, game saves, and old Forza 2 car paints omg how I had some rare stuff and great memories on that system. Also miss the days of FFXIV minus the drama. Was fun being with Ruby and teaching many how to do Ifrit. Retired before King Mog or whatever because I had to gets a JOB...because being lvl ??? mage wasn't keeping the lights on! Then after a bit of social life and job...I kinda just never came back. My bad for that. Happens I guess. Do miss it, but then didn't want to live in MMO-land as I have a very OCD personality to quest lines and ranking up and being all powerful, helpful to others in times I could probably use better IRL elsewhere, and whatnot. For now I think I may just mainly be PC vs. the new systems due to price and I just have a "been there, done that" feeling about a lot of that stuff at the moment.

A guilty pleasure of mine is watching all of a particular game's cutscenes on youtube. I do this mainly to games that I am certain are worth playing but I know how it would play anyway. So to save time I just wanna know the story lol. I sometimes wikipedia movies for that very reason...saves money, saves time, read plot to 2 hour movie in 5 minutes. Read the plot to The Purge in 5 minutes as it seemed generally predictable. If it is worth watching (like "This Is The End") or movies full of one-liners to share among friends I check it out.

I watched (played vicariously?) Batman Origins that way...saved me money from ever trying it. Thanks Youtube! Looked like a decent title. Only 1 game I currently play at the moment now is League of Legends. Its a MOBA but it keeps me interested with its changes and meta and I can leave it after 40 minutes and not stay plugged in or waiting for groups and glued to my chair. In many ways its like any FPS multiplayer in time constraint and dedication. I am still pretty much a rookie at it (got close to in going from Bronze V to Gold V in their ranked system but no luck before season ended if anyone understands that jargon). Fun game though, free... but if you get into it expect to blow some money on a few things (skins, rune page bundles, champions, etc.). It has a pretty big following and it hasn't gotten stale for me yet after about a year of playing. I started a stream on Twitch but don't use it often as I probably should. Feel free to add me should any of you decide to give it a try.

Self promotional Leage of Legends referral link:
http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref= ... 9613771173

Name in game: Supafly GLHF

I use Skype as well when I play should anyone be interested.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:34 am 
Onionhead
Onionhead

great to hear from ya man. that's a good idea about watching game cutscenes on youtube. i should do that

Board index » Community » Funny & Humorous Stuff