It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:51 am View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » Community » Funny & Humorous Stuff

Post subject: My party last night lol.
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 4:05 am 
Easy Prey
Easy Prey

So this was my party last night a pre-made group running Stone Vigil HM. I was on my BLM and I would cast fire 3, then fire 1 to start my rotation and I would pull aggro just like that. Tank finally stopped tanking and let me die whenever I would pull aggro. (which was all the time with a WAR that had 7k HP) Healer and the other dps would just sit there.

I had to use quelling strikes on cooldown and wait 5 sec for me not to pull aggro.

Funny shit man!

Post subject: Re: My party last night lol.
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 6:38 am 
Honey Muffin
Honey Muffin

Lol I had a shitty pld once who would constantly scold me for using AOE attacks. He couldn't handle the extremely small hate of bane on the other two mobs (after he had pulled, I even gave him a few seconds to gain hate). He would write things like, "I MARKED THIS ONE AS ONE, CAN YOU NOT READ?! IT MEANS ONE AT A TIME IDIOTS!" There was a black mage in the group whom was terrified to do anything except scathe over and over.

edit: oh yeah and he couldn't handle Garuda, he made me put her away because she was "pulling hate".

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:14 am 
Crumpet
Crumpet

This was Stone Vigil Hard Mode? The level 50 one?

Unless your tank was undergeared, it shouldn't be possible to lose hate on a pull unless someone is opening the fight with double flare or something. A standard PLD pull (fight or flight > shield lob > scorn > spirits within > roh combo) out-hate's almost anything a DPS can do at the start of a fight.

That's different of course if you're talking multiple mobs. It's quite difficult for DPS to use AoE abilities and out-hate a PLD spamming Flash or a WAR spamming Overpower, but if the DPS does single target attacks while the Tank is spamming AoE, they won't hold hate on the one you're attacking.

A good tank will start attacking the next mob before the first mob is dead. Once you have enough hate established on it such that it would die before any DPS pulled it off of you, continuing to build hate on it is a waste of time: Build hate on the others.

However, that said, what they said is technically also true. It is also a DPS's job to not pull hate. If you severely outgear your tank you're gonna cause your healer grief. If your tank can't keep up, switch your rotation a bit so you aren't pulling hate on everything. Open with Thunder III instead of Fire III, spread your attacks on a different mob if you're about to pull hate, etc. Worst case scenario is you AFK the first 10 seconds of each pull. This is sadly common if you do stuff like trials roulette.

Some tanks just suck though and can't handle more than one mob. Marking mobs expecting the DPS to only attack one at a time is severely outdated, especially since the massive enmity buff tanks got when WAR was fixed way back in 2.1. Opening combo plus flash just a few times is usually enough to hold hate on an entire group no matter which mobs the DPS decide to attack.

In your case though, if people seem to be unduly ganging up on you / siding with somebody else, it's very likely they queued together as a group, and you're going to be "wrong" no matter what you do.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:46 am 
Meat Miq'abob
Meat Miq'abob

I thought WAR where good at holding hate on multiple mobs. PLD if you spam flash and do your rotation(along with other stuff) it should do fairly well to keep hate.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:14 am 
Even Match
Even Match

Ah... the excuses of shitty tanks / other players. I fucking hate running into those people.

I've had good tanks geared significantly less than me in these dungeons and unless I'm popping every CD, they hold hate just fine.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:50 pm 
Easy Prey
Easy Prey

The tank did not use any type of spam attack he would open with overpower then start his normal rotation. So I guess I have too much spell speed or something but his gear was bad the thing that pissed me off was that the group let me die rather than say "hey man watch your hate" to which I would have said "ok" and that would be the end of things.

As for pulling hate on 3 mobs at once I would wait for my fire 3, then fire 2 spam and finish it with a double flare and I wanted a long time to use the rotation trust me but again he used one overpower and attack each mob with his rotation.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:17 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Pfft. Cruxis. Should have "specced ice" for that dungeon and Blizzard 1'd your way to victory. haha

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:30 pm 
Easy Prey
Easy Prey

Yeah I really should have just spammed blizzard 1 lol

Board index » Community » Funny & Humorous Stuff