It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:25 am View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » Community » Entertainment & Media

Post subject: kawaii wifu threado of manga-chan
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:35 pm 
Honey Muffin
Honey Muffin

I was thinking of getting back into reading manga and was curious what other people were into or would like to share.

My personal favorite at the moment is 7Seeds.

20 years ago scicentists discover a meteor will soon strike Earth and destroy everything as we know it. Knowing humanity will be wiped out, all the world's governments join into project 7 Seeds in an attempt to preserve humanity. Each government is allowed to cryopreserve a few groups of people of different circumstances in the hopes that at least one can survive the post-apocalyptic future world. The manga chronicles the lives of those who have survived and those whom have failed.

Unfortunately, the manga is a little slow to get started. The first people it chooses to launch the story with are probably the most boring of them all and it seems to settle on them for quite some time. The art style is also kind of sloppy looking, as if the artists were thinking, "if i scribble and scratch enough it will look like drew a lot more detail than I did!" And it's a bit difficult sometimes to discern which character is which or what is going on in some of the panels. However, if you can get past that, and through the first dozen chapters, the story really becomes amazing. It's technically a shojou manga, but certainly doesn't read like one. It's more adventure/psychological thriller. I love that eventually you come under the assumption that each character is batshit insane in some capacity.

I'll write up some more later, but if you have a few personal favorites you'd like to suggest to someone please feel free to add. You don't have to do anything detailed like I did if you just want to drop names. : )

Obligatory bug-eyed Asian guy :o

Post subject: Re: kawaii wifu threado of manga-chan
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:16 pm 
Meat Miq'abob
Meat Miq'abob

Go read GYO and Uzumaki :popcorn:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:28 pm 
Father of Evil Twin Tarus & 1 Mastermind
Father of Evil Twin Tarus & 1 Mastermind

I am reading my Manga on my Android, There is app called "Manga Browser"

Right now these are what I am reading atm

Battle Angel Alita Last Order <---- These are my most Fav book from first came out "Battle Angel Alita"
Bleach
Full Metal Alchemist
Gosick
Hellsing
Any Gundams
Naruto
Neon Genesis Evangelion and Gakuen Datenroku
Ranma 1/2
Trinity Blood
Trigun Badlands Rumble
Vampire Princess

There are more to pick out from biggest list to read yet....

Edit: yes I am comic book fan and freak! FTW! :dbanana:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:28 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

I've been reading the Walking Dead, started buying them every few months in bulk instead of monthly.

Ponuh wrote:
i love how half of this thread is about racism in america and the other half is pictures of kittens

Board index » Community » Entertainment & Media