It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:26 pm View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » Community » Entertainment & Media

Post subject: For all the Star Trek (TOS Especialy) out there
PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:43 am 
Easy Prey
Easy Prey

Pretty much a completely fan made continuation of the original serious. It is surprisingly very well done.

Quote:

In association with Farragut Films and Dracogen Investments, Vic Mignogna (a Farragut Films principal), is set to direct this new web series based on the original (and still the best) Star Trek series.

The premise of the series is based on the original 5-year voyage. The original series ended three years into the journey. Vic and his team are starting this new series right where the original left off.

This new series is being brought to you in partnership with Farragut Films and DracoGen Investments – creators of the award-winning web series, Starship Farragut. The series is being shot in the original 4:3 format to keep the authenticity of the framing of the original series. It is very important to us that we provide a quality show and ancillary products, such as our website. Website development is provided in association with Stupidcat.com.

Farragut Films is a film group headquartered in Washington D.C, which produces Starship Farragut, an award-winning webseries based on The Original Series of Star Trek. Farragut Films has completed four live action films, two animated episodes, and one comic book. Farragut Films is in post production of their latest episode, “The Price of Anything” slated for an August 2012 release and are in pre-production of a new webseries entitled, Star Trek Continues. Farragut Films is a non-profit entity within the State of Maryland. For more information, please visit http://www.farragutfilms.com

Dracogen Strategic Investments is the creation of Steven Dengler – entrepreneur, pilot, co-founder of XE.com Inc., and all-round geek. Dracogen is committed to making awesome things happen whenever it can. Besides backing some pretty amazing tech companies, it also supports fun creative projects and has a particular affinity for Child’s Play Charity. Learn more about Dracogen at http://www.dracogen.com.

Stupidcat.com is a unique and successful web development firm with 15 years of experience having built large-scale web solutions generating millions of dollars in revenue. Semi-retired from web development, they hand pick projects and provide free web design support to anyone via Twitter (@stupidcatdesign). Stupidcat.com is the brainchild of Steve Crandall. Steve is currently writing several ebooks on web design and producing video tutorials to help others in the industry. Learn more about their work at Stupidcat.com

http://www.startrekcontinues.com/

Somebody make me a Sig

Post subject: Re: For all the Star Trek (TOS Especialy) out there
PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:09 am 
Devourer of Souls~
Devourer of Souls~

My roommate watched some of that. He enjoyed it, and from what I saw its not terrible, but not being a huge original series fan it wasn't really for me.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:18 am 
Meat Miq'abob
Meat Miq'abob

lol grant imahara(Sp) that mythbuster guy is in this. kinda cheesy but seems like they kept closed to the original.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:59 am 
Easy Prey
Easy Prey

tehkei wrote:
lol grant imahara(Sp) that mythbuster guy is in this. kinda cheesy but seems like they kept closed to the original.

Honestly the cheesy style plays into why I like TOS so much. For some reason I hated it till I had forced myself to watch half way through the first season. Than loved it for whatever reason.

Somebody make me a Sig

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:33 am 
Meat Miq'abob
Meat Miq'abob

Shiroken wrote:
tehkei wrote:

Honestly the cheesy style plays into why I like TOS so much. For some reason I hated it till I had forced myself to watch half way through the first season. Than loved it for whatever reason.

agreed the cheesy factor is what makes it watchable lol.
hope they recreate this:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:37 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

dundun dunnnn dunnn dunnnn

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:15 pm 
Easy Prey
Easy Prey

This is the only music Rushal needs for our coil vids haha

Somebody make me a Sig

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:41 pm 
Decent Challenge
Decent Challenge

Alright! I'll save the next video to my PC and use this music... I'll also begin cutting myself because it's so awful.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:42 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

haha

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:21 am 
Too Weak
Too Weak

I have to BEGRUDGINGLY admit it is very well done...mostly because I cannot BELIEVE I have to like something that includes Vic Mignogna (Mangina) in any way, shape or form.

Despite my glaring hatred for that man as a human being...it's good. I recommend it.

Board index » Community » Entertainment & Media