It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:00 am View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » Community » Entertainment & Media

Post subject: Recommend me a manga!
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:04 pm 
Honey Muffin
Honey Muffin

I've been super bored and want something interesting to read. I'm pretty open to anything except harem stories.
Any other manga fans out there that have favorites you'd like to share? :popcorn:

Post subject: Re: Recommend me a manga!
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:43 am 
Devourer of Souls~
Devourer of Souls~

I don't read a lot of manga and when I do I tend to binge read an entire series or several volumes at a time, and since I haven't read any in like 8 months I had to go back to myanimelist to see what I read and liked last but heres a quick rundown.

Attack on Titan/Shingeki no kyojin is probably too obvious but recommended if you haven't' read it yet.

I enjoy Nazo no Kanojo X, but its definitely a little fetishic in addition to being a pretty standard boys school life romance manga.

Beck is an old standby a solid coming of age/band manga thing. the Nodame manga was also fine ( not *quite* as good and better as an anime imo) if you prefer a more shojo flavor.

Apparently last time I read manga I was on a bit of depressing/perverted kick having read, Chikan Otoko, Sugar Dark, and Ciguatera all were good in their own way but from what i recall of them all were also depressing and dark and ecchi. I left off on Oyasumi punpun which was also pretty good as I recall although I only made it through about 2 volumes because its was especially depressing and sad. I basically said to myself I couldn't possibly survive 11 more volumes of this and quit while I was ahead.

If I go waay back I mostly enjoyed Nana although the appeal of the plot and relationship drama eludes me now. also read Orange Yane no Chiisana Ie "Orange Roof" which I vaguely recall as a pretty charming romance/slice of life/comedy thing that was refreshing enough just because it wasn't set in/about high schoolers.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:17 pm 
Meat Miq'abob
Meat Miq'abob

I'm currently reading Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin basicly Redrawn kinda updated the original gundam story
One-Punch Man: a comedy about a normal guy trying to be a superhero
I recommend Bartender if you can find it. its kinda fun adult anime about a bartender making drinks and talking about peoples problems (a bit sitcomish/soap opera like)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:32 pm 
Honey Muffin
Honey Muffin

lol that would make for an awesome comedy tv show. i imagine a bartender whom never actually talks and just listens to his drunk patrons ramble off a ridiculous story, and then you see it acted out as he imagines them narattef by the drunk. i guess kind of like drunk history only fictional.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:35 pm 
Meat Miq'abob
Meat Miq'abob

there was an anime of it back in like 2008. it was decent and one of my favorites. a more serious Yakitate Japan!! which I also recommend as a reading (its about bread making) Ridere made fun of me when I used to watch the anime version.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:04 pm 
Easy Prey
Easy Prey

Bartender is a good one.
They have all the volumes on mangahere.com

Also, King Golf is pretty funny if you like sports manga.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:07 pm 
Master Deba-tor
Master Deba-tor

Toriko or Yureka :)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:29 pm 
Decent Challenge
Decent Challenge

Have you ever read and/or watched Honey and Clover? It is my favorite manga and anime. It is a slice of life manga about a group of friends attending an art college.
I also highly recommend 5 Centimeters per Second. I think that is a movie but I have only read the manga and it was very good. It's also a sort of romance/slice of life type as well. Very melancholy but so well written.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:42 am 
Meat Miq'abob
Meat Miq'abob

Runefury wrote:
Toriko or Yureka :)

Im rereading Toriko starting at around chapter 110, I recently restarted reading it and I forgot what happened in the previous chapters lol. probably a lot of eating and fighting.

Edit: whats great about toriko, is that the manga artist gets ideas from kids or whomever about foods or monsters and he draws them in the manga. like Strawberice or corn on the bone.

Board index » Community » Entertainment & Media