RIP WiiU, Nintendo has taken it out behind the shed with the shotgun in hand. Arise, our new overlord, the Nintendo Switch!What is it?
The Switch is Nintendo's latest console. It replaces both the WiiU and the 3DS. The Switch is a tablet that can play games mobile similar to the 3DS, but can also connect to your television to have the feel of a console.
The ends of the device are removeable to become separate motion controllers to be played identical to the Wii's nunchucks, or slit into a holder to emulate a gamepad. These controllers, known as "joy-cons" have haptic feedback rumble, an IR sensor, accelerometers, gyroscope, and NFC reader. The joy-con controllers can be used in conjunction with one another for single player experience, or one may be handed off to a friend for dual player. I'm hungry, what's for launch?
Zelda Breath of the Wild
I am Setsuna
Just Dance 2017
I dunno, whenevs:
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
Story of Seasons (formally Harvest Moon)
Lego City Undercover
Project Sonic 2017
Project Octopath Traveler
Dragonball Z Xenoverse 2
Fire Emblem Warriors
Ultra Street Fighter 2
UkuleleWhen's my Nintendo Tax due?
The Switch is releasing world wide March 3, 2017.
The US price is $299.99, $399 Canadian Maple Leaves, and £279 British Wankers.
Keep in mind Nintendo likes to create artificial demand by keeping initial stock low. If you're interested at all it's really important that you pre-order right away.Joy-Cons
* To access online services and play requires a paid subscription now.
* Online service subscribers can download one NES or SNES title a month, but are only allowed to play the game for that specific month. Once the time period is up you have to purchase the game separately to continue playing it.
* Online services will not be available until fall of this year.
* Voice chat is locked behind online subscription but is not natively supported by the actual console. Rather, you need a secondary device, namely your cell phone, to run the voice chat app.
* Price is higher than previously confirmed.
* Accessories are stupid expensive. Like swim around a money bin expensive.
* Average battery life is estimated at 2.5 hours.
* Launch lineup is slim at best.
* Not backwards compatible with 3DS despite both systems using SD cartridges.
* Games are priced around $60 on average.
* Only 32GB internal storage, some of which is allocated to the system. Alluded through accessories that customers will have to swap out multiple SD cards to save game info. Joy-Pros
* Nintendo claims the Switch is as powerful as the original launch versions of Xbox One and PS4.
* Nintendo claims porting games or programming from scratch is simple to do and they have many 3rd party devs on board.
* The gamepad kinda looks like a dog.
* Friends can be added by linking Facebook and Twitter accounts, rather than using friend codes. It has not been mentioned if friend codes are still a thing or if this requires the online sub.
* Up to 8 switch units can connect to local multiplay.
* Uses USB-C for charging and connection.
* Spare Joy-con controllers can be purchased to change up the color scheme
* Unit can change between mobile and console mode almost instantly
* The unit and all games are region free! Hurrah!Trailer Parkhttps://www.youtube.com/user/Nintendohttp://www.nintendo.com/switch/